Aberdeen Mcinnes what would you do thread.

49 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

You’re grasping! If Hibs win the league cup this season will you be saying it’s any less of an achievement because you didn’t beat the old firm en route? Will you f**k.

Would Hearts winning the Scottish Cup last season on penalties have meant they’d be giving Hibs fans less shit over it as well?

For all your β€˜rollercoaster’ league performances Hibs have been scudded by the old firm as regularly as pretty much everyone else alongside it so f**k knows what that claim is about.

Hes a simpleton. Thats the problem.

He talks of bottle and yet supports a team who no matter what the circumstances are in comparison to their city rivals always f**k it up.

A team who can hardly ever beat Aberdeen home or away.

A team whose name has become an example of bottling it - Hibsed it.

Hes a bad troll too.

InΒ summary -Β  w****r.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

They've both won the obviously superior Scottish Cup,Β didn't need a penalty shootout in the finalΒ to do it, and beat the Old Firm en route.

That's something that you just know McInnes will never manage to do with Aberdeen. Personally, I'd rather take my chances with a manager who might get you some rollercoaster league finishes but will also take you to Hampden and give you a day in the sun you'll remember for the rest of your lives.

McInnes' era has proved beyond doubt that "consistent" league finishes (on a massive budget comparative to the other non-OFΒ teams and previous Aberdeen managers, so not particularly impressive)Β seem to matter f**k all in the pursuit of trophies.

McInnes would probably have a few more trophies if our finals were against lower league sides to be fair.

9 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

McInnes would probably have a few more trophies if our finals were against lower league sides to be fair.

Says in my notes here that Aberdeen could've got to the final in the 2016 Scottish Cup and played a lower league side, but they insteadΒ decided to shit the bed against Robbie Neilson's Hearts at Tynecastle? The same Robbie Neilson's Hearts that Hibs beat in the next round?

Gutted for you.Β Rossface.png.5555bc101d17a13dfda3588100cd6010.png

12 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Says in my notes here that Aberdeen could've got to the final in the 2016 Scottish Cup and played a lower league side, but they insteadΒ decided to shit the bed against Robbie Neilson's Hearts at Tynecastle? The same Robbie Neilson's Hearts that Hibs beat in the next round?

Gutted for you.Β Rossface.png.5555bc101d17a13dfda3588100cd6010.png

Thanks for the info.

It's a pretty shit state of affairs to judge whether winning a trophy is only relevant if you beat the old firm on the way. That's the kind of shit patter you would expect off a Bennett or Romeo not a supporter of one of the other sides

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

It's a pretty shit state of affairs to judge whether winning a trophy is only relevant if you beat the old firm on the way. That's the kind of shit patter you would expect off a Bennett or Romeo not a supporter of one of the other sides

Didn't say that though, did I?

I said that Hughes and Stubbs' Scottish CupΒ wins were more impressive than McInnes winning a League Cup on the lottery of penalties, in part because Hughes and Stubbs (looked down on as managers by certain snobs in Scottish football) beat Old Firm sides en route to the trophy - something that McInnes hasn't done once and I can confidently state never will.

10 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Hibs are a poor mans Celtic though, remember.Β Β 

9 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Didn't say that though, did I?

I said that Hughes and Stubbs' Scottish CupΒ wins were more impressive than McInnes winning a League Cup on the lottery of penalties, in part because Hughes and Stubbs (looked down on as managers by certain snobs in Scottish football) beat Old Firm sides en route to the trophy - something that McInnes hasn't done once and I can confidently state never will.

Please, the media rave about Hughes all the time, he’s basically the Scottish Allardyce in that respect even though he’s only really been successful at one club. Stubbs was not looked down upon at the time he won the cup at Hibs either as it was only after he failed badly at every job he had after Hibs and can’t find work as a result that people realised what a poor manager he really is.

So ultimately no I agree that Mcinnes will never meet the completely made up in your own head conditions that you’ve set for him.

Edited by Rodhull

14 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Please, the media rave about Hughes all the time, he’s basically the Scottish Allardyce in that respect even though he’s only really been successful at one club. Stubbs was not looked down upon at the time he won the cup at Hibs either as it was only after he failed badly at every job he had after Hibs and can’t find work as a result that people realised what a poor manager he really is.

So ultimately no I agree that Mcinnes will never meet the completely made up in your own head conditions that you’ve set for him.

The other two jobs* he had after Hibs, neither of which he was given a remotely fair shake at. Let's be fair about this.

@JacksgrandaΒ seems very unhappy to discover Emperor McInnes isn't wearing any clothes. :lol:

Argue all you want, but here's the long and short of it, lads.

When I was running around the Hampden pitch after seeing my side beatΒ Rangers in theΒ Scottish Cup final, there wasn't even the tiniest part of me going "god I'd trade it all in for a run of top four finishes and getting no further thanΒ the third qualifying round in Europe, all the while playing turgid football under Derek McInnes".

If you'd make that trade, then you Aberdonians areΒ even more dour than your reputation.

15 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

The other two jobs* he had after Hibs, neither of which he was given a remotely fair shake at. Let's be fair about this.

@JacksgrandaΒ seems very unhappy to discover Emperor McInnes isn't wearing any clothes. :lol:

The St. Mirren side Aberdeen gubbedΒ twice before he got sacked may genuinely be the worst Scottish top flight side I’ve ever seen in person. Very few St. Mirren fans seem toΒ have anything good to say about him and the fact that they didn’t get relegated after he left and Rotherham despite being a yo-yo club since he left have notΒ seen fit to sack another manager again after only two months says a lot and I doubt Rotherham had a snobbish attitude to him either.

Edited by Rodhull

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

What do Aberdeen have now that they could lose if McInnes left? Only the most miserable of football fans would pretend that finishing 3rd/4th, winning f**k all silverware and progressing no further than the Europa League third qualifying round is in any way exciting. A "shite" manager like John Hughes or Alan Stubbs is more likely to give fans lasting memories, because theyΒ actually haveΒ the bottle to win a cup and beat the Old Firm in the process.

Deary me.Β πŸ˜€

Poor stuff.Β 

35 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

When I was running around the Hampden pitch after seeing my side beatΒ Rangers in theΒ Scottish Cup final, there wasn't even the tiniest part of me going "god I'd trade it all in for a run of top four finishes and getting no further thanΒ the third qualifying round in Europe, all the while playing turgid football under Derek McInnes".

If you'd make that trade, then you Aberdonians areΒ even more dour than your reputation.

Nobody would expect you not to be elated after winning your first Scottish cup in over 100 years. Β I’ve no idea how that would feel (but feel free to give me a shout in 2104 if Aberdeen still haven’t won it by then) but for what you’re saying to be true we’d have to pretend that getting relegated, failing to get promoted twice and then doing badly enough in the league that you go through managers at an average of about one every two seasons whilst having one of the 4/5 biggest budgets in the country isn’t a big deal. Β Winning a cup would be great but being an absolute disaster of a club for a decade doesn’t seem particularly acceptable under those circumstances either. Maybe some kind of middle ground perhapsΒ but not that.

Edited by Rodhull

Guest Bob Mahelp
55 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Cheers for that.

Takes me back to sitting on the Hook of Holland ferry after coming back from Gothenburg, a group of us drinking champagne and letting it all sink in.Β 10 days later we won our second Scottish cup in a row.Β  The second of 6 Scottish cup wins that I've seen actually.Β 

Football's all about memories, eh ? I'm sure you enjoyed your one cup.Β 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Did Aberdeen hurt you too many times?Β 

Also when you mentioned winning a cup on "the lottery of penalties" do penalties upset you?Β 

Maybe because youre derby rivals beat you on them this season. We beat you on them at Easter Road in the cup recently. Hamilton beat you on penalties to RELEGATE you a few years ago (what does that feel like byΒ the way?)Β 

I see why penalties harm you.

Bottle them every time.

What a sad knob you are

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Cheers for that.

Takes me back to sitting on the Hook of Holland ferry after coming back from Gothenburg, a group of us drinking champagne and letting it all sink in.Β 10 days later we won our second Scottish cup in a row.Β  The second of 6 Scottish cup wins that I've seen actually.Β 

Football's all about memories, eh ? I'm sure you enjoyed your one cup.Β 

1 Scottish Cup in 114 years and he thinks Hibs matter 😁😁

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

1 Scottish Cup in 114 years and he thinks Hibs matter 😁😁

He's only having a wee bit fun trolling. Nae harm in that...Β πŸ‘πŸ˜‰