Aberdeen Mcinnes what would you do thread.

Oh dear, for Dons fans.

Its all about the box office Hibees...............again.

Deflection of that kind is the sort of pish we expect from @afc dickhead

Edited by Green Day

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Oh dear, for Dons fans.

See the source image

21 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Oh dear, for Dons fans.

Not deflection is it.

Hibs fans all over this thread having a pop at Aberdeens european record in the last few years. One of your last attempts involved a SEVEN nil home defeat to Malmo.

Classic Hibs all round.

24 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Not deflection is it.

Hibs fans all over this thread having a pop at Aberdeens european record in the last few years. One of your last attempts involved a SEVEN nil home defeat to Malmo.

Classic Hibs all round.

To be fair it's really only 2 Hibs' fans. one of whom is a lost cause and the other is usually fairly sensible. (You decide.) Unfortunately he has let his usual good sense desert him as he feels compelled to back up his fellow "box office Hibees" pal.

At least we haven't had to suffer (as yet) that weirdo (alleged) Partick Thistle "supporter" who is usually attracted to Dons' threads like a See the source image

Is Cormack going to open the kitty and fund major signings? 
Are there any talented youths coming through?
Is there anybody better to take Aberdeen forward?
If the answer to all three is "Naw" then you're as well to stick with him. There's many a club got rid of a long serving manager, brought in the new flavour of the month whizzkid and ended up backwards as a result.

We’ve been doing backwards for two and a half seasons though ??

30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

To be fair it's really only 2 Hibs' fans. one of whom is a lost cause and the other is usually fairly sensible. i(You decide.)

I thought the usual P&B schtick was that all the Hibs accounts are run by one person?

Good to see progress in 2021

ryan gosling clap GIF

I should know better than to trawl through our fans' opinions on facebook and twitter but some incredible names have been touted for our next manager:

Roy Keane - poor manager, out of the game for years but would be good at shouting at the players apparently

Eddie Howe - will step into the next lower prem/upper championship job earning several multiples of what we could spend

Slaven Bilic - just accepted a job in China

Serhiy Rebrov - just led Ferencvaros to the Champions League so his next step would obviously be a move to Aberdeen

Paulo Di Canio - like Keane but with more fascism

Shaun Maloney - World number 1 side's assistant manager, currently works with the likes of Hazard and De Bruyne

Darren Fletcher - recently accepted a first team coaching role at Manchester United

I'm sure all of the above would happily give up their incredibly lucrative salaries to come live in Aberdeen and work with Curtis Main and Ash Taylor.

5 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I should know better than to trawl through our fans' opinions on facebook and twitter but some incredible names have been touted for our next manager:

Roy Keane - poor manager, out of the game for years but would be good at shouting at the players apparently

Eddie Howe - will step into the next lower prem/upper championship job earning several multiples of what we could spend

Slaven Bilic - just accepted a job in China

Serhiy Rebrov - just led Ferencvaros to the Champions League so his next step would obviously be a move to Aberdeen

Paulo Di Canio - like Keane but with more fascism

Shaun Maloney - World number 1 side's assistant manager, currently works with the likes of Hazard and De Bruyne

Darren Fletcher - recently accepted a first team coaching role at Manchester United

I'm sure all of the above would happily give up their incredibly lucrative salaries to come live in Aberdeen and work with Curtis Main and Ash Taylor.

Neil Lennon might be free soon...

13 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I think this thread could be rather presciently retitled ‘Be Careful What You Wish For’.  

What do Aberdeen have now that they could lose if McInnes left? Only the most miserable of football fans would pretend that finishing 3rd/4th, winning f**k all silverware and progressing no further than the Europa League third qualifying round is in any way exciting. A "shite" manager like John Hughes or Alan Stubbs is more likely to give fans lasting memories, because they actually have the bottle to win a cup and beat the Old Firm in the process.

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

What do Aberdeen have now that they could lose if McInnes left? Only the most miserable of football fans would pretend that finishing 3rd/4th, winning f**k all silverware and progressing no further than the Europa League third qualifying round is in any way exciting. A "shite" manager like John Hughes or Alan Stubbs is more likely to give fans lasting memories, because they actually have the bottle to win a cup and beat the Old Firm in the process.

C’mon that’s pretty poor trolling. Neither of those managers have won any more trophies than Mcinnes has.

Appointing a string of shit managers in a row obviously leaves plenty of negative lasting memories as that’s what leads to them being sacked.

Any danger that WBA could court him if Allardyce fails? I know he's on very good dough up here, but maybe he's got unfinished business south of the border and might go if he clearly feels the support is deserting him....

Don't envy being a Dons fan just now - it's a stale meal, but it's probably very risky changing the chef.

7 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

C’mon that’s pretty poor trolling. Neither of those managers have won any more trophies than Mcinnes has.

Appointing a string of shit managers in a row obviously leaves plenty of negative lasting memories as that’s what leads to them being sacked.

They've both won the obviously superior Scottish Cup, didn't need a penalty shootout in the final to do it, and beat the Old Firm en route.

That's something that you just know McInnes will never manage to do with Aberdeen. Personally, I'd rather take my chances with a manager who might get you some rollercoaster league finishes but will also take you to Hampden and give you a day in the sun you'll remember for the rest of your lives.

McInnes' era has proved beyond doubt that "consistent" league finishes (on a massive budget comparative to the other non-OF teams and previous Aberdeen managers, so not particularly impressive) seem to matter f**k all in the pursuit of trophies.

Edited by HibsFan

Aberdeen are probably the fifth best team in the country, continuing a long-term regression after several seasons of finishing fourth

We have finished fourth twice in a row.

Once on goal-difference to Kilmarnock’s best league season in 50 years, with Clarke as their manager - the other by a point in a curtailed season.

Is that “several”?

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

They've both won the obviously superior Scottish Cup, didn't need a penalty shootout in the final to do it, and beat the Old Firm en route.

That's something that you just know McInnes will never manage to do with Aberdeen. Personally, I'd rather take my chances with a manager who might get you some rollercoaster league finishes but will also take you to Hampden and give you a day in the sun you'll remember for the rest of your lives.

McInnes' era has proved beyond doubt that "consistent" league finishes (on a massive budget comparative to the other non-OF teams and previous Aberdeen managers, so not particularly impressive) seem to matter f**k all in the pursuit of trophies.

You’re grasping! If Hibs win the league cup this season will you be saying it’s any less of an achievement because you didn’t beat the old firm en route? Will you f**k.

Would Hearts winning the Scottish Cup last season on penalties have meant they’d be giving Hibs fans less shit over it as well?

For all your ‘rollercoaster’ league performances Hibs have been scudded by the old firm as regularly as pretty much everyone else alongside it so f**k knows what that claim is about.

37 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Would it have hurt less if it was the league cup hearts horsed 5 1 in