Aberdeen Mcinnes what would you do thread.

Pretty sure I will speak for a fair number of Kilmarnock fans when I say that we would happily take Derek McInnes as our new manager if he ever left Aberdeen.

Also I’m not too sure why the Hibs fans are so happy. I doubt Aberdeen would want Jack Ross it McInnes left but if they did I would expect they would just take him. After all Aberdeen are a far bigger club than Hibs.

Edited by Sortmeout

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Pretty sure I will speak for a fair number of Kilmarnock fans when I say that we would happily take Derek McInnes as our new manager if he ever left Aberdeen.

Also I’m not too sure why the Hibs fans are so happy. I doubt Aberdeen would want Jack Ross it McInnes left but if they did I would expect they would just take him. After all Aberdeen are a far bigger club than Hibs.

THE CHINESE. A GREAT BUNCH OF LADS.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

He's a scummy troll who is the billionth alias of a tragic poster. 

Ignore him.

None of the above is true.  

What's generally accepted is throughout the 17 yeas of the website 1 poster stands alone.  The most abusive poster is unbelievably the biggest cry baby.   

That's why we all laugh at you. 

The football is bad to watch at the moment but Derek's record can't be ignored. No other manager outside the old firm has achieved the consistency that he has in terms of league finishes, points totals and cup semis/finals in the last 30 odd years. It may not sound like much but Hibs, Hearts and United have all shown how easy it is to find yourselves at the wrong end of the league or even out of it despite having financial advantages over the rest of the league. I will accept that this consistency has moved into monotony with dull performances and results plateauing. I think anyone would accept that its gone a bit stale and there's not the excitement that there was from 2013-2018, I wouldn't be against us parting ways at the end of the season and he deserves until then at the very least. Worth adding that having to watch it all at home on a screen adds to all this frustration.

Cormack & co have shoveled over £20million into the club over the last couple of years yet in the current circumstances we find ourselves unable to afford any new signings in the January window. To spend the best part of £1million paying off DM and TD plus more to bring in the new guy with absolutely zero guarantee that it will improve matters would be completely foolish given that we're at worst equal favourites for third spot which would meet our expectations and provide us with European group stage football next year. I'm all for us being more "ambitious" and it would be worth considering if we were bottom six and plummeting down the league but right now it simply is not worth the risk.

The last few years tell us that we will most likely get back on track and end up 3rd or within a few points of it. Keep the heid and ride it out for now and revisit this towards the end of the season at which point a parting of ways may be best for all parties.

11 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Their fans have made the rods for their own back by singing "oh Derek McInnes" every time he shitfests another win at Easter Road/Rugby Park/Fir Park/wherever else.

Tommy Wright, Gary Holt and Steven Robinson all had the class to know when their race was run at their respective clubs.

You've fed McInnes' arrogance by giving him near-Ferguson levels of deifying for finishing best of the rest and winning 1 (one) wee cup.

Looks like you'll now have to pay the price for it by seeing him stick around for the rest of the season, like a fart in a lift. Wee shame.RossWithIt.png.8554c4a8b9b44087adb992d6820aae7f.png

When we haven't won the big cup for 114 years give us a shout. (Or the league for 70 years, for that matter.)

8 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

See the source image

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 hours ago, Green Day said:

Oofft, even for you Wee Boaby thats a beezer.

Ping up a link to the "Ross Out" thread when you put down the cooking sherry, will you?

Of course there wasn't a 'Ross out thread'. That was my whole point.

7 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

They played amazing football for a few months in the 1950s dont you know !

The late 40s/early 50s were their era. They had a great side. First team other than Rangers or Celtic to retain the title, something the great Hearts side of the late 50s/early 60s should have done but didn't. At least Hearts won the cup (plus a few league cups), I suppose. The Dons emulated Hibs' feat of retaining the title. And became the first team outwith the Old Firm to do the double. And became the only team other than Queen's Park, Vale of Leven and Rangers to win the Scottish Cup 3 times in a row., before Celtic's "unprrecedented quadrruple trreble". The Hibs team of the 40s/50s didn't win the cup, mind you. Or any cup, for that matter.

35 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Of course there wasn't a 'Ross out thread'. That was my whole point.

Ok ta, I didn't read that properly.

Back on topic........

Part of the problem for Cormack re looking at bang for his buck is that - regardless of which of the semi finalists ( Livi, St M, St J, Hibs) wins the league cup this season - they will have had at least as successful last 10 years as Aberdeen, in some cases on a fraction of the budget.

7 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Back on topic........

Part of the problem for Cormack re looking at bang for his buck is that - regardless of which of the semi finalists ( Livi, St M, St J, Hibs) wins the league cup this season - they will have had at least as successful last 10 years as Aberdeen, in some cases on a fraction of the budget.

Thankfully I doubt cormack would judge his managers solely on trophy wins. 

9 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

The Hibs fabs are so happy as there are a handful of boisterous Aberdeen roasters who float about like bad a bad smell on Hibs match day threads when we are losing - you won't see that obviously so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Guest Bob Mahelp
21 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Back on topic........

I'm not being picky here, but within the last 10 years Hibs have been relegated and spent a couple of years in a lower division.  Your perception of 'success' is based (maybe correctly) on one Scottish cup win. In the same period of time, Aberdeen under McInnes have been remarkably consistent in the league and had the best European results of any Scottish side outside the OF in the last 30 years.

However, I think it's generally agreed that when McInnes eventually leaves Pittodrie, there will be justified criticism of his cup record. Well, his inability to win trophies to be more precise. We've been in a ridiculous amount of semi-finals and finals, but we've stumbled either through being utter pish or more often than not coming up against an unbeatable Celtic team.  

Somebody pointed out above that in the last 7 years, Hibs, Hearts and the Arabs.....teams with considerable budgets.....have all been relegated, while Aberdeen under McInnes have regularly been qualifying for Europe. That shouldn't be underestimated.

I still believe that the consistency of McInnes'  record with Aberdeen entitles him to some breathing space. I do understand though that others have a different opinion. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

22 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Back on topic........

Well considering 3 of those 4 clubs have spent about half the time in the Championship in the last 10 years I would disagree with you.

Edited by Sortmeout