Aberdeen Mcinnes what would you do thread.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The first thing I'd do is add some punctuation into the title.

Then I'd accept that it was a bad day at the office, wonder why it actually needs it's own thread, and move on to next week. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The first thing I'd do is add some punctuation into the title.

Then I'd accept that it was a bad day at the office, wonder why it actually needs it's own thread, and move on to next week. 

Started with so much promise then fucked up.

A'deen's season in one post...

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 minutes ago, G51 said:

McInnes has basically turned Aberdeen into flat-track bullies. Capable of beating poor and ordinary teams regularly. I'd wager his win percentage against non-OF teams in the Premiership will be pretty outstanding.

However, the trade-off is that his system is far too easy to pick apart when you have better players than him. Aggressively going man-to-man across your team the whole time is a bad philosophy when your men are less talented than the other team. It's why his record against better teams (Celtic, Gerrard's Rangers, European sides) is so awful.

He still has value as a manager when he's dominating weaker teams. Now that he's started to stop doing that, he's probably not worth sticking with. All managers have a shelf life, except the truly great ones. If you don't turn over your team quickly enough, then your message becomes stale. It looks like that's whats happened. He'll still be quite well thought of when he departs I think.

Talk about sliding doors moments though eh. Three years ago, he turns down the chance to join Rangers and sticks with Aberdeen, which leads to Rangers eventually appointing Gerrard. Two teams have gone in different directions since.

Wow. Before I move on to next week, I've got to pick apart this utter shite.

'Flat track bullies'- well, under McInnes we're actually where we're meant to be (league wise). We have the 3rd biggest budget in the league, and for the last 6 years or so we've generally been either the 2nd or 3rd best team ibn the country. How the f**k is that being a 'flat track bully' ? Give us the budget of the OF, and we'd probably have won the league and a few cups. The biggest 'flat track bullies' in Scottish football are the OF, and have been for decades.  What a pish.

'Far too easy to pick apart when faced with better players'- f**k me, I think you've found the secret of football. Teams generally lose to teams with better players. Rangers beat Hamilton, put them up against Bayern Munich and you'll be humiliated by 5 goals. I hadn't realised that could happen, thanks for pointing it out.

'stopped dominating weaker teams' - Jesus Christ, we lost a game. A bad day at the office. I'm sure you were on the 'Ross out thread' when Hibs were humped at home by Ross County and Livi. We're sitting on pretty much the same number of points as we have at this point of every season. Aside from today, the onyl really surprisingly bad result we've had all season was the loss to Motherwell. Jesus fucking Christ.

'don't turn your team over quick enough' - We don't have the resources of Rangers or Celtic, and we're not able to go out and pay vast amounts in transfer fees and wages. McInnes actually had the team playing very well with new players such as McCrorie and Watkins, and with anew style that re-invigorated Hedges and Wright. Injuries knocked that on the head. We all would like the club to shell out this month to bring in a few players, but I'm not sure the budget is there. 

'two teams have gone in different directions' - No, they fucking haven't. in the last 3 years Rangers have spent millions to try and finish first in the 2 horse race (see 'flat track bullies'). Aberdeen are pretty much in the same place they were in December 2017. McInnes's Aberdeen teams are nothing if not consistent. 

OK, now I've ripped your rubbish to shreds, I'm away to watch TV. I've no idea what will happen with McInnes, but one thing I do know is that opposition fans seem desperate for Aberdeen to sack him for some reason. More desperate than me. 

I wonder why ? 

Folk who ask if there is anyone who could do better are basically saying that McInnes is literally better than every single person in the world at being Aberdeen manager.

That's mental, absolutely mental.

Of course any new appointment is a risk that could potentially go either way, but that isn't an excuse to accept stagnation.

Guest Bob Mahelp
14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Started with so much promise then fucked up.

A'deen's season in one post...

You're normally out yer napper on benylin or something by now. 

I can only presume that you're warming up for the night shift on the politics forum. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You're normally out yer napper on benylin or something by now. 

I can only presume that you're warming up for the night shift on the politics forum. 

There's a good idea.

Anyway, I could be drinking a cocktail  of Brasso, Glen's Vodka, toilet duck and methylated spirits and still ken the difference 'its' and 'it's'.

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

'Flat track bullies'- well, under McInnes we're actually where we're meant to be (league wise). We have the 3rd biggest budget in the league, and for the last 6 years or so we've generally been either the 2nd or 3rd best team ibn the country. How the f**k is that being a 'flat track bully' ? Give us the budget of the OF, and we'd probably have won the league and a few cups. The biggest 'flat track bullies' in Scottish football are the OF, and have been for decades.  What a pish.

'Far too easy to pick apart when faced with better players'- f**k me, I think you've found the secret of football. Teams generally lose to teams with better players. Rangers beat Hamilton, put them up against Bayern Munich and you'll be humiliated by 5 goals. I hadn't realised that could happen, thanks for pointing it out.

'stopped dominating weaker teams' - Jesus Christ, we lost a game. A bad day at the office. I'm sure you were on the 'Ross out thread' when Hibs were humped at home by Ross County and Livi. We're sitting on pretty much the same number of points as we have at this point of every season. Aside from today, the onyl really surprisingly bad result we've had all season was the loss to Motherwell. Jesus fucking Christ.

'don't turn your team over quick enough' - We don't have the resources of Rangers or Celtic, and we're not able to go out and pay vast amounts in transfer fees and wages. McInnes actually had the team playing very well with new players such as McCrorie and Watkins, and with anew style that re-invigorated Hedges and Wright. Injuries knocked that on the head. We all would like the club to shell out this month to bring in a few players, but I'm not sure the budget is there. 

'two teams have gone in different directions' - No, they fucking haven't. in the last 3 years Rangers have spent millions to try and finish first in the 2 horse race (see 'flat track bullies'). Aberdeen are pretty much in the same place they were in December 2017. McInnes's Aberdeen teams are nothing if not consistent. 

OK, now I've ripped your rubbish to shreds, I'm away to watch TV. I've no idea what will happen with McInnes, but one thing I do know is that opposition fans seem desperate for Aberdeen to sack him for some reason. More desperate than me. 

I wonder why ? 

I don't think you understand the definition of a flat-track bully. Sitting exactly where your budget dictates as you beat up bad teams while being completely unable to beat better teams is the definition of a flat-track bully. This is what Aberdeen have done for years (and it's not necessarily a bad thing).

Teams do generally lose to teams with better players, that's true. But guess what? It doesn't always happen. In fact, every single week in football, a worse team will beat a better team simply through good organisation and tactics. Livingston do it every week. McInnes doesn't do this nearly often enough - I think if you put together a list of Aberdeen wins when they were the underdog, it would be a pretty small list for eight years in charge. His man-marking system was found out years ago, and teams that have the ability to beat it do so regularly. He has no answer for this whatsoever. It's why the recent games against Rangers have begun to resemble a procession, and why the games against Celtic always have been. The safest bet in football is a Derek McInnes side to lose to a better team.

Whether you like it or not, there are clear signs of regression for Aberdeen. Their underlying metrics at the moment are worse than Hibs and Livi, and there's a real danger they miss out on European football. Aberdeen fans can either recognise that or stick their heads in the sand, I don't really care. No manager lasts forever.

If you don't think that Rangers and Aberdeen have gone in completely different directions since 2018 then I don't really know what to tell you.

54 minutes ago, G51 said:

McInnes has basically turned Aberdeen into flat-track bullies. Capable of beating poor and ordinary teams regularly. I'd wager his win percentage against non-OF teams in the Premiership will be pretty outstanding.

However, the trade-off is that his system is far too easy to pick apart when you have better players than him. Aggressively going man-to-man across your team the whole time is a bad philosophy when your men are less talented than the other team. It's why his record against better teams (Celtic, Gerrard's Rangers, European sides) is so awful.

He still has value as a manager when he's dominating weaker teams. Now that he's started to stop doing that, he's probably not worth sticking with. All managers have a shelf life, except the truly great ones. If you don't turn over your team quickly enough, then your message becomes stale. It looks like that's whats happened. He'll still be quite well thought of when he departs I think.

Talk about sliding doors moments though eh. Three years ago, he turns down the chance to join Rangers and sticks with Aberdeen, which leads to Rangers eventually appointing Gerrard. Two teams have gone in different directions since.

Which would be Aberdeen continuing to finish third and laugh when Rangers fail in all 9 Scottish competitions they enter?  

Just now, Erih Shtrep said:

Which would be Aberdeen continuing to finish third and laugh when Rangers fail in all 9 Scottish competitions they enter?  

December 2017 - Rangers are a punchline, were knocked out of Europe by a part-time team from Luxembourg a few months earlier and are completely directionless. A team in total disarray making bad decison after bad decision. Aberdeen are comfortably the second best team in the country with a manager set to stay for a long time.

January 2021 - Rangers are champions-elect, consistently making it to the knockout stages of European competition and have a football department in place that sets them up for long-term success. Aberdeen are probably the fifth best team in the country, continuing a long-term regression after several seasons of finishing fourth, and will likely require a new manager at the end of the season should they miss out on European football.

Yeah, I'd say that's two different directions.

11 minutes ago, G51 said:

December 2017 - Rangers are a punchline, were knocked out of Europe by a part-time team from Luxembourg a few months earlier and are completely directionless. A team in total disarray making bad decison after bad decision. Aberdeen are comfortably the second best team in the country with a manager set to stay for a long time.

January 2021 - Rangers are champions-elect, consistently making it to the knockout stages of European competition and have a football department in place that sets them up for long-term success. Aberdeen are probably the fifth best team in the country, continuing a long-term regression after several seasons of finishing fourth, and will likely require a new manager at the end of the season should they miss out on European football.

Yeah, I'd say that's two different directions.

That's inane propaganda on stilts if you truly believe a word of this ( which you don't ).    

Happy for you to put your money where your mouth is and have a £10,000 bet Aberdeen don't finish 5th.

Let's trade account details and get it on record so all Pie and Bovril readers and see it.  

Edited by Erih Shtrep

13 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Spot on. 

The fact a first major trophy since inception (nearly a decade ago) is coming for them apparently justifies failing in 9 competitions in a row (including twice to Mcinnes/Aberdeen) despite spending tens of millions in a league which has 2 teams who can spend that kind of money.

Id call that failure. Many supporters of the zombie club said the exact same thing this time last season ...

48 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I wonder why ? 

Spot on.

The fact fans of the Weegie 2 cant see the above facts and actually will convince themselves they are achieving anything meaningful given the advantages they have is staggering.

1 minute ago, Erih Shtrep said:

That's inane propaganda on slits if you truly believe a word of this ( which you don't ).    

Happy for you to put your money where your mouth is and have a £10,000 bet Aberdeen don't finish 5th.

Let's trade account details and get it on record so all Pie and Bovril readers and see it.  

lol who the f**k has ten grand to bet on football with someone he doesn't even know

can only be another aberdeen offshore worker!

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

lol who the f**k has ten grand to bet on football with someone he doesn't even know

He's a scummy troll who is the billionth alias of a tragic poster. 

Ignore him.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

A smart punter.   

The chances of Aberdeen finishing 5th isn't impossible.  But given they're 8 points clear of Livingston you're prediction was something I'd be delighted to invest in.   

Give me evens on Aberdeen finishing top four and you can have 100k if you like.  

58 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You've finished 4th in each of the last two years and may well do the same again this year.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm sure you were on the 'Ross out thread' when Hibs were humped at home by Ross County and Livi.

Oofft, even for you Wee Boaby thats a beezer.

Ping up a link to the "Ross Out" thread when you put down the cooking sherry, will you?