Voting in an independent Scotland

BFTD

The Big P&B Voting Intentions Poll  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

Independence isn't a party political issue.  You either believe Scotland would be better off independent or you don't. 

Exactly. Nothing to do with the SNP or NS or AS.

The reason I am a fundamentalist is its the biggest no brainer in history. Would we, or any country, be better off running our country ourselves or letting someone else do it for us?  Hmmmmm tough one.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

So your big riposte was enjoy living in my mind?  Good one.  I prefer it to yours tbf.

Coming from a person in his previous guise as Pep, said that if Scots voted to stay in the union again that they could all burn in hell. Yep. Just the type of ScotNat that will help lose the next referendum. 

4 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Coming from a person in his previous guise as Pep, said that if Scots voted to stay in the union again that they could all burn in hell. Yep. Just the type of ScotNat that will help lose the next referendum. 

See what I mean about people lying to have a go at me?  Perfect example.

15 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Looking forward to you presenting this evidence. You'll be searching an awful long time. 

If you say you don't want to replace Sturgeon with Cherry I'll retract it straightaway.

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

As tongue-twisters go, it's not bad, but more work required.

You're an affable old codger so you would vote for a left-leaning candidate but it would be whichever one turned up to your door canvassing for your vote

3 hours ago, renton said:

Go on then.

Will give a vote to whichever party snaps up Andy Wightman especially if they produce a detailed cost-benefit analysis alongside a committed land reform policy. This will be cemented when said party produces a 650 page White Paper on a reform of the tax system.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
12 hours ago, NotThePars said:
I would have no hassle in predicting anyone that posts on this forum's party pick in a post-indy Scotland.

Go on, I'm intrigued

Will talk a good game about how your vote is up for grabs but fall in line behind Sturgeon. Will briefly entertain a vote for Salmond's Successor Party after he gives a particularly barnstorming announcement speech. Will reply "wid" when someone posts a clip of Sturgeon exiting the polling station.

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I'll vote as far left as I can get.

Will vote Continuity-SNP and insist that joining NATO is what any sensible left-winger will do

4 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I've actually always said if we got indy I would gift my first vote to the SNP as a thank you as they would deserve it and would have earned it. After that the most sensibly left-wing party that had no connection whatsoever to any of the unionist parties as they are all utter scum and have spent years fighting against Scotland's aspirations so deserve f**k all.

Will spend one solid week of posting on here informing everyone that it's clearly obvious that the real SNP party after indy is Cherry's splinter faction and that's why he's voting for them as the real power that accomplished independence.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I reckon I’ll start my own party.  It will be a whole new world post Independence and the opportunities will be limitless.

The Scottish People’s Front has a nice ring to it.

Will get confused and vote in Jackie Baillie's Labour Party under some half-baked strategy of moving into alignment with Prime Minister Hilary Benn's Labour Party down south in the hopes of a smoother transition to independence. Actually cancels independence and moves Scotland instead into Full Fiscal Autonomy.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
I reckon I’ll start my own party.  It will be a whole new world post Independence and the opportunities will be limitless.
The Scottish People’s Front has a nice ring to it.

I'll create the People's Front for Scotland.

Finds himself agreeing with every Greens policy but can't vote for Malthusian nutters so goes to vote for Sturgeon's Continuity SNP. Finds out they've snapped up Wightman who's been tainted with the Malthusian nutter tag. Spoils his vote. Tells everyone 10 years later he will vote for Sturgeon even though we're 7 years into Empress Mone's 1000 year reich.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I'd like to say whichever party is the most economically left and socially liberal. 

The reality is that I'm going to vote for whoever has the best design for the border guards outfits. 

Given their previous affiliation with Hugo Boss, this may end up being the tories or Farage.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

The Highlands and Islands Independence Party.

Time to reclaim our culture and our resources from the imperialist Central Belt.

The m9s will briefly join meme regional parties in their respective constituencies before doing what I do which is vote for the Greens and pretend like anything we say or do actually means anything in the grander scale of things. Will all have a lost weekend where we gaslight ourselves into thinking Cat Boyd and David Jamieson's Marxist-Leninist-Jamiesist party is the true path to Scottish Enlightenment.

Edited by NotThePars

10 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Shocked that you were lying and have now had to retreat. Did not expect.

Would you like to apologise to me for your lies?

You are a thoroughly boring cùnt.  I will excuse you because I assume you have nothing else in your life to stop you coming on here and spamming multiple threads with your pish.

10 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Will give a vote to whichever party snaps up Andy Wightman especially if they produce a detailed cost-benefit analysis alongside a committed land reform policy. This will be cemented when said party produces a 650 page White Paper on a reform of the tax system.

Fucking hell, I'm a right boring c**t, eh?

Edited by renton

I'd probably go either Labour or Green as I'd expect a post-Independence SNP to drift a bit rightwards - looking at the current minters who represent ScotLab I'm choosing Green but might be willing to Switch to Labour as I live in Ayr, really whoever seemed best placed to keep the Tories out although I'd have to wash my voting hand in bleach if that turned out to be the LibDems....

Edited by btb

For me the SNP is becoming far too careerist and less about representing areas you live in as an MSP. A candidate from south of Glasgow stood to be the Clydebank candidate, they were knocked back because essentially they’d no insight into Clydebank or its residents, yet had backing from all the other careerists, that person is now looking for an easy list seat elsewhere. Humza Yousef as (and its quite a strong field) the worst justice minister ever has also put me off voting for them. There are a few bright lights like Natalie Don in the SNP but essentially id like to see a centre left party emerge and for the mentalists like Cherry etc to go away. 

I went for Greens in the poll but I'm unsure. The SNP losing the first election post-indy would almost certainly be spun as "see - the people didn't want this! We must rejoin the Union!" No chance in hell Labour would ever get a vote from me unless they embraced independence.