Voting in an independent Scotland

BFTD

The Big P&B Voting Intentions Poll  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

After independence the SNP will splinter. Left wingers from SNP and Labour will form a new party. Tories wont splinter. LibDems will become an even smaller Tory lite rump than they are. And a few SNPers will join the Tories. Tories to win first Independence election.

Aye totally man, the country that hasn't voted Tory for 70 that's SEVENTY years will vote Tory first election post independence, after getting away from Tory rule being one of the prime motivators for that indepenence.

Did you think that through?  

9 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

After independence the SNP will splinter. Left wingers from SNP and Labour will form a new party. Tories wont splinter. LibDems will become an even smaller Tory lite rump than they are. And a few SNPers will join the Tories. Tories to win first Independence election.

I'd agree with you on how the parties will form. But not on the Tories winning the first election. I'd assume we would have PR so a Tory majority is a none starter. A centre left coalition would be my guess.

I'd like to say whichever party is the most economically left and socially liberal. 

The reality is that I'm going to vote for whoever has the best design for the border guards outfits. 

Given their previous affiliation with Hugo Boss, this may end up being the tories or Farage.

19 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye totally man, the country that hasn't voted Tory for 70 that's SEVENTY years will vote Tory first election post independence, after getting away from Tory rule being one of the prime motivators for that indepenence.

Did you think that through?  

Of course I did. They will be the only party not to splinter and would probably be better organised and softern their policies to Scottish fears. They may not form the first government alone, but they may form a coalition. They will still be hanging around like a bad smell. There are enough Tories in Scotland to make them a threat.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Of course I did. They will be the only party not to splinter and would probably be better organised and softern their policies to Scottish fears. They may not form the first government alone, but they may form a coalition. They will still be hanging around like a bad smell. There are enough Tories in Scotland to make them a threat.

Are there aye?  Is that why they're polling 16% and haven't won more than 28% of the vote here in half a century?

There's no point being dishonest, everyone knows what that really means is you're a raging British nationalist and are having to invent hysterical nonsense to justify your opposition to independence rather than admitting its simply because you're a raging British nationalist.

I don't mind, I'm a raging Scottish nationalist, complete fundamentalist on the issue, there is no argument any human being who has ever lived could put forward that would make me even consider my position for a fraction of a second and I'd happily paint my face blue if I thought it would help.  You see how easy that is?  Its liberating, you should try it.

I don’t think the SNP will splinter after Indy, not immediately at least. They’ll hang on for a few elections under the guise of protecting independence from the Tories, who will presumably campaign to rejoin the U.K. for a bit. After a while, that’ll die down as you have a load of voters who’ve never known anything other than being independent coming in, and most of the ultra-unionist vote will be be dead/in Wales.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

There's no point being dishonest, everyone knows what that really means is you're a raging British nationalist and are having to invent hysterical nonsense to justify your opposition to independence rather than admitting its simply because you're a raging British nationalist.

I don't mind, I'm a raging Scottish nationalist, complete fundamentalist on the issue, there is no argument any human being who has ever lived could put forward that would make me even consider my position for a fraction of a second and I'd happily paint my face blue if I thought it would help.  You see how easy that is?  Its liberating, you should try it.

A raging British nationalist? Haw! Haw! If so, why did I vote SNP in the last election, will do so in May and yes in any future referendum. You crack on. You are the kind of rabid nationalist that is as bad as a rabid Brit. You turn waverers off from voting for it.

The party least likely to split post indy will be Labour. The ultra unionists will split from the tories to form their own party. The remaining tories will rebrand if they had any sense, and probably do ok. Occasionally winning power in a coalition with centrists.

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Love the confidence back in 2014. 

Auto play threw on this one next

Is this why you guys are so pressed about this subject? Didn't realise the oppression went back so long. 

Anti EU Tories and Labourites will join up like minded Nationalists with a plan for sending trans people and anyone who looks a bit funny to exile in St Kilda, just to be on the safe side. They'll form a coalition against another bloc of the more progressive and pro EU Labourites, Lib Dems, Greens and core SNP. With PR no party will get a majority again, so there will always be a need for pacts and coalitions like in most civilised European countries.