Voting in an independent Scotland

BFTD

The Big P&B Voting Intentions Poll  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems like there are quite a few "SNP until independence" voters, which presumably means that people have some idea of who they'd like to vote for in an independent Scotland. Assuming the parties all stay roughly the same - as nobody can say for sure how policies will shift in the future - who'd be likely to get your vote?

Feel free to share your predictions about how the parties' policies might change, however. That's always fun.

NB - this is not the thread for your insightful "HAHA SCOTCHLAND WILL NEVAR BE INDERPENDENT" trolling. If you can't play by the rules, try taking a good fucking to yourself and start a "who will you vote for when North Britain is never independent?" thread. Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure tbh. Im definitely a social democratic, but SNP currently are too spectrum spread to fit this niche.
Certainly not Labour or Torys under their current guise. In Ireland they have a social democrat party (it's just taken off tbf so still small). Perhaps a similar party would emerge in Scotland which I could support. I'm all for free enterprise and development as long as we don't leave the vulnerable behind.

27 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I would have no hassle in predicting anyone that posts on this forum's party pick in a post-indy Scotland.

As tongue-twisters go, it's not bad, but more work required.

I don't like a lot of SNP policies. But I'd vote SNP until a clear alternative came forward.

Greens are the most likely but they still have too many batshit mental policies for me to commit.

Scottish Labour/Conservatives would need a pretty fucking major rebrand for me to ever consider them in an independent Scotland to the point that I can't see it.

I've actually always said if we got indy I would gift my first vote to the SNP as a thank you as they would deserve it and would have earned it. After that the most sensibly left-wing party that had no connection whatsoever to any of the unionist parties as they are all utter scum and have spent years fighting against Scotland's aspirations so deserve f**k all.

I reckon I’ll start my own party.  It will be a whole new world post Independence and the opportunities will be limitless.

The Scottish People’s Front has a nice ring to it.

Edited by Granny Danger