Accies v Terrors

Surprised no one has started a thread for this.  Best professional team in Hamilton versus best professional team from the City of Discovery.  On a plastic pitch.

Hope Mellon starts with four at the back.

45 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I feel strangely optimistic despite our appalling record in Hamilton. 2-0 us. One for Dundee FC target Nicky Clark, the other scored by Lawrence Shankland from 53 millimetres out.

I want Benji to let Shanks take all the goal kicks in this game.

Tension building for this, going by the posts above.

Correct me if wrong, but in the first game (1-1) v Accies, did United not revert to 5 at the back, Connolly, Edwards and Reynolds central, in the second half and fall out of the match, while in the Tannadice 2-1 victory, straight after going 1-0 down Mellon altered the set up to 442, taking Reynolds off, and the home side improved to win?

There could be a lesson there.

Just the 7 defenders for Accies today.
Fair enough he wants to give Smith a go but dropping Winter is pretty poor considering he was on his best run of performances in his career. Also, if Fulton's the number one, why didn't he come straight back in against Killie. Was Rice just waiting on Gourlay making a mistake?

On the plus side, having Easton and Martin back is an improvement and I'm really happy that Oggy's back. He's not perfect but much more likely to be good than any of our other strikers.

Another depressing team selection from Rice that will gift an average Dundee United side 65% possession and constantly punt the ball to a striker incapable of holding the ball up. 

A manager with so little faith or confidence in players that he mostly signed.

Another defeat pending.