Motherwell FC v Rangers FC - Sunday 17th Jan 2021.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Normally I would write this off especially given our recent record against both halves of the Old Firm, but with a new manager in place I'm a bit less pessimistic than I normally would be.

1-1

:unsure2: MJC not predicting a loss. I think I need to go lie down

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Normally I would write this off especially given our recent record against both halves of the Old Firm, but with a new manager in place I'm a bit less pessimistic than I normally would be.

1-1

Not sure how I feel about this

59 minutes ago, Well Well said:

:unsure2: MJC not predicting a loss. I think I need to go lie down

I'm not saying that I'm confident that we'll get a point but rather less negative about our chances than normal. I'm basing my hope on GA making us harder to beat and Rangers haven't exactly blown teams away of late. A defeat is the most likely outcome tomorrow but I wouldn't be too surprised if we nicked a draw.

7 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
14 minutes ago, Desp said:
I hope it's a 6-4-0. 
With two holding midfielders. 

6 at the back would mean Lamie would likely be playing. No thank you.

O'Donnell Gallagher Mugabi O'Hara McGinley Carroll. 

Campbell & Maguire sitting in front of them. Lamie can sit in the East Stand and be a ball boy. 

I'm as pessimistic for this one as I get TBH.  Reason being is that any time I've seen Rangers this season, they tend to be patient, pass it about outside the box until teams make a mistake and then then they capitalise pretty well - and we really have a mistake in us.

I'll settle for something on the good side of embarrassing. 

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'm as pessimistic for this one as I get TBH.  Reason being is that any time I've seen Rangers this season, they tend to be patient, pass it about outside the box until teams make a mistake and then then they capitalise pretty well - and we really have a mistake in us.

I'll settle for something on the good side of embarrassing. 

It absolutely feels like a game that Alexander's using to assess the squad. Which is understandable as he's only just in the door and while we've brought in Kelly and Lawless the main concerns (the defence and forwards) are still there. There's no one in attack that would back themselves to score and as dodgy a pen as St Mirren got last week it was still rash and we'd coughed up a number of chances through the game.

I know everyone's banging on about the 5-5-0 but I'm curious to see who gets the nod tomorrow and what shape we go with especially with a view to how Alexander sees the squad (ie: are McGinley and Crawford still on the bench?)

Hastie's started the last two games but won't be available. I'm presuming Long's still absent as well.

Kelly
O'Donnell O'Hara Mugabi Gallagher Carroll
Cole Campbell Polworth Lawless
Watt

Honestly get this fixture so far to f**k.

7 hours ago, MJC said:

1-1

Congrats on being the only dosser whose glass is half full.  This must be a world first.

You may be right.  The 'new manager bounce' has to kick in some time so why not tomorrow?

OTOH, for 55 minutes vs A'deen on Sunday, we were back to playing good-quality, possession-based football and looked imperious until we decided to fanny about and nearly paid for it.

So a good M'well vs a complacent Rangers could end in a draw and you'd the the toast of P&B.  That WOULD be a world first...

12 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am gonna bet against us. I think we will sneak something.

Or Alexander is gonna try something that sees us lose 6 nil

I saw Joe Wark play in a back 3 once, he was about 42, we lost 7 I think

We've not been able to beat rubbish rangers teams in the last couple of decades, never mind a team as good as they are just now.

I'll do what I usually do, watch with hope till they score they're first goal, then change the channel.