Motherwell FC v Rangers FC - Sunday 17th Jan 2021.

6 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

It's a stoppage in play.

These times can be added to if someone drags themselves off the pitch at a snail's pace for exmple. 

I am telling you now, for free, that thirty seconds are not added on for each booking made in a half.

But let's entertain it. There were three substitutions and a booking at Pittodrie last week, and then Goldson went down injured for two minutes. Should be four minutes, right?

7 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I am telling you now, for free, that thirty seconds are not added on for each booking made in a half.

But let's entertain it. There were three substitutions and a booking at Pittodrie last week, and then Goldson went down injured for two minutes. Should be four minutes, right?

Admiring your passion here mate.

5 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It's a rule of thumb. 30 seconds can be added for goal celebrations too.

Didn't watch last week's game. Comes down to common sense I guess. If someone is booked after injuring an opponent they're unlikely to add anytime to the injury time for a booking.

3 or 4 minutes seems about the normal amount of extra time at the end of matches. 

I certainly didn't see any issues with the time added by the referee today.

On 16/01/2021 at 14:22, MJC said:

Normally I would write this off especially given our recent record against both halves of the Old Firm, but with a new manager in place I'm a bit less pessimistic than I normally would be.

1-1

And to think we collectively doubted you... 

15 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

It's a rule of thumb. 30 seconds can be added for goal celebrations too.

Didn't watch last week's game. Comes down to common sense I guess. If someone is booked after injuring an opponent they're unlikely to add anytime to the injury time for a booking.

3 or 4 minutes seems about the normal amount of extra time at the end of matches. 

I certainly didn't see any issues with the time added by the referee today.

His issues not with the referee !!

Plus the 2 goals in the 2nd half. Surely time gets added on for the celebrations.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

@craigkillie- can you help ?

It's not a hard and fast rule, just a rough guide as to how long should be added on. If a player takes ages to go off it should be more added on, if they sprint off and it takes a few seconds then it should be less time.

I thought the two minutes last week was exceptionally weird, but four today didn't seem that unusual given that Motherwell were wasting time up until the equaliser. I think last week's was the outlier rather than this week's.

Edited by craigkillie

Can't really complain all things considered. At 12 o'clock this afternoon I was expecting to lose by 3 or 4 when I saw the line up so I'll take a point for sure. There looked like there was an idea of what the defence were set up to do. Sit off Barasic & Tavernier, invite the crosses into the box and defend that. For all Mugabi's failings as a player if you put a ball into the box he'll likely get his head on it because he's a giant. I've been harsh on him of late but I thought the big man was a colossus at the back. 

Going forward I'm hoping Lawless gets up to match fitness and slots in at RW because I'm no having Seedorf for the next 4-5 months. If Seedorf had an ounce of footballing brains & a tiny bit more ability he'd be a great player for this level. Watching him play is just a collection of wrong decisions and daft mistakes. And, again, Watt was excellent & Cole is definitely getting better as we go on. 

A deserved point and an encouraging performance, especially in the first half. Night and day to the spineless guff we saw from Robinson towards the end of his time in this fixture but the age old failing that's dogged many a Motherwell side of trying to see out a single goal lead while dropping deeper and deeper comes back to haunt us yet again. Their goal was offside but if you invite pressure onto you then you're always likely to concede.

A good result from what was a very good shift and whilst there's a long way still to go, the signs are looking better.

Edited by MJC

I take it we're all bowing to MJC's football knowledge after his 1-1 prediction? I've been complaining about us not looking coached this season and looking as if we have any sort of system, credit to Alexander - we looked as though the players knew what they were meant to be doing today.

Also, can't complain about 4minutes injury time as it's what I expected and although VAR might have disallowed the goal for offside, it was so marginal I really don't think you can blame the officials.

Pretty happy with the unexpected point, the improvement in performance and just being off the bottom of the table (didn't like that at all).

17 hours ago, MJC said:

A deserved point and an encouraging performance, especially in the first half. Night and day to the spineless guff we saw from Robinson towards the end of his time in this fixture but the age old failing that's dogged many a Motherwell side of trying to see out a single goal lead while dropping deeper and deeper comes back to haunt us yet again. Their goal was offside but if you invite pressure onto you then you're always likely to concede.

A good result from what was a very good shift and whilst there's a long way still to go, the signs are looking better.

Let me copy your coupon next weekend please?