Motherwell FC v Rangers FC - Sunday 17th Jan 2021.

5 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It wasn’t seven separate substitutions, there were two double subs. So that’s two and a half minutes even if you go by the thirty seconds 'rule' which isn’t hard and fast.

Nobody down for any amount of time for injuries, unlike last week when Goldson went down for two minutes, some of that during injury time itself, and the ref blew at 91:58 anyway.

6 separate substitutions apparently,,,

image.png.a810e8fe68362fda4f624dfdfccf638f.png

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Big fan of Graham "no knowledge of Scottish Football" Alexander referring to Rangers players as "the lad".

Haha, aye you’d have thought he’d know the name of the player that’s now scored 4 times against you this season 😂

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Defoe for Morelos and Maguire for Crawford was a double sub, it just elapsed over the 83rd and 84th minute.

Also 30 seconds for each yellow card. There were four of them in the second half. 

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Very good point for Motherwell, and a solid defensive effort.

Surprised how ineffective rangers were in that second half.  For a team coasting at the top and unbeaten, you'd think they'd have a few ideas on how to break down a team who were all sitting behind the ball.

Passing constantly across the front of the box, to the wide player to turn back to pass it inside again.. it was surprisingly pathetic and devoid of any creativity   Crying out for a bit of invention/ a player to skin an opponent, but very few chances created and Motherwell held out fairly comfortably.

I think it’s slight hyperbole to brand it pathetic.

Without playing great, we still created plenty of opportunities to win that game (Morelos header shaved the post, Goldson header cleared off the line, Aribo skied chance from 12 yards, Taverniers header across the 6 yard line with an empty net, Defoe shot in the last minute)

1 minute ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Any angles which confirm whether Itttten was onside/offside?  

Any angle they've showed, it would be one of those shite VAR ones from down south where an elbow was offside. It's the sort of decision that should go with the attacker. If we defended it properly, there would be no debate.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

We've been superb for 45 minutes but there's absolutely no chance we're holding out here. I think it'll be similar to the game at Ibrox where we'll be fucked in the last 20 minutes and Rangers will take advantage with two or three goals. 

Encouraging signs for the new gaffer though. 

Glad we didn't completely collapse after the equaliser. Plenty for the new gaffer to work on. 

Rangers certainly huffed and puffed in the 2nd half but I didn't feel they threatened too much. 

I will concede, however that I did shite myself when Defoe plucked the ball out of the sky in the 92nd minute and fired a shot away. 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think it’s slight hyperbole to brand it pathetic.

Without playing great, we still created plenty of opportunities to win that game (Morelos header shaved the post, Goldson header cleared off the line, Aribo skied chance from 12 yards, Taverniers header across the 6 yard line with an empty net, Defoe shot in the last minute)

Pathetic might be harsh, but it was as if no one wanted to take responsibility and have a gamble, they were all just passing the buck.  I was surprised how a team flying high with players who should be full of confidence were all so reluctant to make something happen.

6 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Thirty seconds for each yellow card? :lol:

You're at it.

It's a stoppage in play.

These times can be added to if someone drags themselves off the pitch at a snail's pace for exmple. 

Edited by jagfox BLM

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

Any angle they've showed, it would be one of those shite VAR ones from down south where an elbow was offside. It's the sort of decision that should go with the attacker. If we defended it properly, there would be no debate.

That's codswallop.  He is clearly offside, standing on the officials side of the field.  There was no more correct defending to do

3 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Also 30 seconds for each yellow card. There were four of them in the second half. 

Time isn't added on for bookings.

Overall it was a good point but we have questions to answer about 2nd half performances. Sure Rangers are a good team and going to have the ball but the same thing has happened against other, lesser teams. St Mirren last week to.

If we are too scared to play on the front foot at least have a contingency plan of having an out ball that we can work from. Simple stuff like turning a centre half with a ball down the channel that might win a throw in high up the park.

We played some good football for our goal but never go going again afterwards. For Rangers goal, it looked offside but was a symptom of not getting a proper clearance. Balogun is still in the box and leaving Carroll in between players and Itten got free.