Motherwell FC v Rangers FC - Sunday 17th Jan 2021.

Draw probably about right.

Easy to see why Rangers fans aren't jumping up and down about the league being done. Another poor display from them, collectively and individually. Guys like Kent and Tavernier have been living in their early season form since early December.

Fortunately for them, their cousins from across the city aren't good enough to pick up the points they need, so it is done, but they look a poor lot the last 5 or 6 games.

9 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Ryan Kent is a really really bad football player.

Aye, dont get the hype at all.

If it doesnt happen for him in the first 15-20 mins he just disappears all game. Would be staggered if any EPL team are serious about bidding decent money for him.

He also has one of the most punchable faces in Scottish football. 

1 more point than I expected at 11.55 so can’t complain.

Like last week another good first half performance and although we were under the cosh for the whole second 45, I thought we defended pretty well on the whole - Gallagher and O’Donnell’s best games for some time and even big Bevis put in a good shift.

Certainly something to build on as we go into a short run of more winnable games, and hopefully bring in another new face or two. Early positive signs for the Alexander era though!

8 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

7 subs in the second half.

It wasn’t seven separate substitutions, there were two double subs. So that’s two and a half minutes even if you go by the thirty seconds 'rule' which isn’t hard and fast.

Nobody down for any amount of time for injuries, unlike last week when Goldson went down for two minutes, some of that during injury time itself, and the ref blew at 91:58 anyway.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

Good game of football. Motherwell a much different proposition than they were under Robinson. 

We probably did enough to win it, but these things happen on big jobs.

A motherwell team pretty much the same plus sevco scoring after 70 minutes the same when Robinson was in charge.

Very good point for Motherwell, and a solid defensive effort.

Surprised how ineffective rangers were in that second half.  For a team coasting at the top and unbeaten, you'd think they'd have a few ideas on how to break down a team who were all sitting behind the ball.

Passing constantly across the front of the box, to the wide player to turn back to pass it inside again.. it was surprisingly pathetic and devoid of any creativity   Crying out for a bit of invention/ a player to skin an opponent, but very few chances created and Motherwell held out fairly comfortably.

Good organisation from Motherwell and made it difficult for us again. I think we probably did enough to win the game but I don’t think you can grudge a share of the spoils.

One of those games where I’m disappointed to drop points but in the grand scheme of things, it’s another fixture down where we’ve maintained a considerable gap from Celtic.

Roofe is a big miss and I really hope it’s not a longer term absence.