Dundee v Ayr United

Is Wright even available?
We do need to switch it up massively, the 4231 is not working. I'd maybe be more inclined to go 442 as not convinced Walsh and McCowan would do enough tracking back. Unless McGavin and Chalmers would be filling the gap? I'm also in favour of dropping Murdoch, I love the guy but he's not been the same this season. There's an argument to drop Chalmers as well tbf. 
Yea I was thinking McGavin and Chalmers would cover those gaps. Not sure if wright is fit but if not I would probably put McKenzie in there. Would agree there's an argument for dropping Chalmers so wouldn't be against Murdoch starting in there instead

41 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We do need to switch it up massively, the 4231 is not working. I'd maybe be more inclined to go 442 as not convinced Walsh and McCowan would do enough tracking back. Unless McGavin and Chalmers would be filling the gap? I'm also in favour of dropping Murdoch, I love the guy but he's not been the same this season. There's an argument to drop Chalmers as well tbf. 

I doubt it tbh. A groin tweak isn't going to heal in 4 days i suspect, probably Saturday at the earliest he'll be back.

Something which seems to have been forgotten is that McCowan started his career for Ayr playing as the second striker upfront alongside Shankland. Could put him up there with someone which would allow us to accommodate Smith/Walsh on either wing with Chalmers/Murdoch or McGavin in midfield. 

Was extremely concerning how for Inverness 1st goal they cut through the midfield like a hot knife in butter, guy who scored just cruised through the middle with Chalmers or Murdoch nowhere to be seen.

I can't see that midfield 5 putting in a challenge. Murdoch might not have returned to his old form but he's got to be in ahead of Chalmers for me. I'd ideally like to see us find a way of getting one of Miller or Muirhead in to midfield without significantly upsetting the back four. It's likely to be heavy going, and I think both ball winning and keeping Adam quiet are key.

Sinisalo
Houston Baird Muirhead Ndaba
McCowan Miller Murdoch Walsh
Moffat Smith