Dundee v Ayr United

Again, since you've clearly not read the thread. That part of the pitch wasn't deemed an issue by the ref as confirmed by the journalist attending the game. It's also been mentioned that that video makes the pitch look worse than it actually is and it's a section in the middle that led to the ref calling it off.
ETA:

If it wasn’t deemed an issue by the ref then he’s an even bigger idiot than I thought.

Dundee are reporting the referee to the SFA & SPFL.

'Today’s Scottish Championship fixture against Ayr United has been postponed.

After torrential rain overnight the club requested a pitch inspection at 10.30am this morning due to the distance required for Ayr to travel.

With no rain forecast the pitch was deemed playable by an SFA appointed referee after consultation by phone with the match referee.

Both sides had arrived at the Kilmac Stadium when match referee David Munro and his assistants checked the pitch and deemed one small section as unplayable and called the match off.

With both clubs asking for the match to be played we discussed the matter further with the league to request a delayed kick off and asked the referee for a short period of time for the ground staff to work on the pitch but this was refused.

Ultimately the referee’s hastily reached decision stood.

The club intends to raise this fiasco with the SPFL and SFA.'

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/ayr-match-called-off/

Just now, rainbowrising said:

Sorry guys but all I see there is a really crap picture taken at distance that is apparently clear evidence the pitch was ok.

That picture, both teams insistence that the pitch was playable (especially if given the extra hour), Dundee reporting the ref & another SFA appointed ref passing the pitch 4 hours earlier WHILST on the phone to the match day ref is pretty reasonable though tbh.

Nothing will come of it of course.

3 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I’m not clear if the clubs thought the pitch was playable, or agreed it was unplayable bu there was still an opportunity to rectify the situation if the referee had given them the chance.  

I think, could be wrong because it is ambigious but both clubs thought the pitch was playable. The ref gave his reason for postponing the game and then we requested extra time to sort out what his issue was which was rejected as he'd fucked off home before we'd even got in touch with the league.

McPake unhappy and Munro explains his decision. Sounds like he didn't even give the proposition of an hour's delay serious thought.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-boss-james-mcpake-says-referee-was-wrong-to-call-off-ayr-clash-after-inspection-confusion/

James McPake:

'In my opinion it was a lack of understanding. We asked for an extra hour for our groundstaff to work on it. You will see the pictures and it looks terrible down there but that’s the guys having gone out with the tractor to work on it for the next couple of weeks once they knew it was off. That wouldn’t have been done if the game was on. Our players have been out training on it so it can’t be that dangerous. They aren’t on the muddy bit, of course, because the groundsmen would go off their heads.

Ayr were willing to wait. What would have been wrong with starting the game and, if it is dangerous, stopping it? We don’t have to wait for fans. There are games getting called off left, right and centre in Scotland right now. If this was a Covid reason my answers would be completely different, of course. That’s a serious issue. What we’re talking here is a puddle on a pitch basically. Today’s game should have went ahead. I just don’t think it looks great for the league. We’ve had games on this pitch recently and it was worse.'

David Munro:

'I arrived at the stadium around 1pm with my assistants and we carried out our usual pitch inspections like we do for any match. We quickly identified there was going to be an issue due to water lying on the pitch.We went out with a ball and carried out a more extensive inspection and it was clear at that point there was water lying in several areas. When we ran on it, it was clear the pitch was waterlogged and was a danger to the players. At that point I communicated to the Dundee manager and Ayr assistant manager the game was postponed due to player safety.

That was perhaps discussed (Delaying kick-off) but in my opinion the situation wouldn’t have improved significantly enough to do that.

It’s very hard for me to comment on the inspection that happened at 10.30am with me not being here for that. ll I can base my decision on was the state of the pitch when I arrived. It was clear to me and my assistants it was unplayable. I can understand everyone’s frustrations. We all wanted the match on but we have to consider player safety being paramount.'