Dundee v Ayr United

14 hours ago, MS RR said:

Well that was a tougher defeat than Dundee would've wanted but Dundee are still out of the relegation places which is fantastic for the club. Dundee was on such a good run of form before this game so it was inevitably going to end soon. You won't be complaining if you're above 9th come the end of the season and you're still on course to do that!

Frustrated World Cup GIF

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

This, Mark Kerr also beat Dundee by two goals. 

This is True, however it was the manner of our win last night that excites most of us, we were outstanding, we were compact and solid in defence but we were fast breaking and breaking in numbers with some great flowing passing moves, actually not unlike those when we pumped Utd across the street.

I honestly don't think anyone is criticising Kerr or lauding Hopkin as the messiah, however the fact remains that without doubt that was our best performance of the season last night and by some considerable way at that.

I had my doubts when I saw Miller, McKenzie and Chalmers replacing Murdoch, Walsh and Moffat, however it worked a treat, Miller was a bit of an unsung hero putting in a great shift and Reading was the rampaging wing back with real quality that we had hoped for when we signed him, I thought he was superb last night.

Ndaba, sheer class, Muirhead was outstanding again and Smith had his best game for months and looked top class again, McCowan was unplayable at times and his decision making was spot on, McKenzie ? what can I say, he was brilliant and took his goals really well, especially the second which was just an absolutely top drawer team move culminating in a fantastic finish by McKenzie.

Every player did their bit last night and as the Dundee commentary guys said, we looked like the team going for 2nd or 3rd as opposed to a relegation threatened outfit.

Ok, we need to now back it up on Saturday against Raith, however confidence must be sky high and the players have shown us all what they are capable of, so let's hope they go out and prove it all once again !!

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

This is True, however it was the manner of our win last night that excites most of us, we were outstanding, we were compact and solid in defence but we were fast breaking and breaking in numbers with some great flowing passing moves, actually not unlike those when we pumped Utd across the street.

I honestly don't think anyone is criticising Kerr or lauding Hopkin as the messiah, however the fact remains that without doubt that was our best performance of the season last night and by some considerable way at that.

I had my doubts when I saw Miller, McKenzie and Chalmers replacing Murdoch, Walsh and Moffat, however it worked a treat, Miller was a bit of an unsung hero putting in a great shift and Reading was the rampaging wing back with real quality that we had hoped for when we signed him, I thought he was superb last night.

Ndaba, sheer class, Muirhead was outstanding again and Smith had his best game for months and looked top class again, McCowan was unplayable at times and his decision making was spot on, McKenzie ? what can I say, he was brilliant and took his goals really well, especially the second which was just an absolutely top drawer team move culminating in a fantastic finish by McKenzie.

Every player did their bit last night and as the Dundee commentary guys said, we looked like the team going for 2nd or 3rd as opposed to a relegation threatened outfit.

Ok, we need to now back it up on Saturday against Raith, however confidence must be sky high and the players have shown us all what they are capable of, so let's hope they go out and prove it all once again !!

Pretty much word perfect, Wattoo, well said. Mackenzie's second was as good a goal as I've seen any Ayr United player score in recent times and that includes Shankland fgs! Such a shame that there's no video available (yet?) because it deserves to be seen by every Ayr fan and watched over and over. Great move, fantastic finish.  

Ayr fans are getting awfy excited about beating a Dundee side I pointed out before kick off was hilariously easy to get goals against if you just never sat in. 
A little calm is required, chaps. 
We had only scored 2 goals since the end of January no wonder we are getting a bit excited

4 hours ago, Rodders1910 said:

. "New daddy who will ultimately disappoint you" is very distasteful and negative about a manger who has already made a postive impact on the squad.

It was meant to be distasteful. There was no comment on Hopkin there, I hope he does well.

3 hours ago, Rodders1910 said:
4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

There seems to be a case of some people letting their relationship with Kerr or personal feelings of Kerr as a person affect their judgement of him as a football manager.

The funny thing is I have had the exact same relationship with every manager at Ayr (starting with the 2 Rabs), not much chit chat just civility i.e what you would hope for in a profesional setup.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ayr fans are getting awfy excited about beating a Dundee side I pointed out before kick off was hilariously easy to get goals against if you just never sat in. 

Thanks for bringing me back down to earth with a thump! 😡

2 hours ago, Jazzar said:

Pretty much word perfect, Wattoo, well said. Mackenzie's second was as good a goal as I've seen any Ayr United player score in recent times and that includes Shankland fgs! Such a shame that there's no video available (yet?) because it deserves to be seen by every Ayr fan and watched over and over. Great move, fantastic finish.  

Nope!

We were Brazil last night [emoji4]

2 hours ago, Jazzar said:

If they don't become available I can knock the goals together from a resource I have available. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Would appear Dundee don’t want anyone watching their fine performance again...

Streamable not playing ball uploading either, tomorrow some point :thumsup2

Streamable not playing ball uploading either, tomorrow some point :thumsup2

Slightly disappointed that folk who payed for the stream can’t at least go back and watch it for a limited period of time.

Are any Dees aware of any sort of media released after the game. Even just a post match interview?

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Slightly disappointed that folk who payed for the stream can’t at least go back and watch it for a limited period of time.

Are any Dees aware of any sort of media released after the game. Even just a post match interview?

Yeah, all behind the DeeTV subscription paywall though.