Dundee v Ayr United

Was less than confident before the game and pretty depressed when I saw the team Hopkin had picked. Fair play to him - it worked and we were worthy winners in the end. 3 attempts on goal and 3 goals - got to be a record for us and for most other teams 😃.

Now a win on Saturday against Raith, please (I know - that would not be like Ayr United 😐)    

When are the highlights up, would quite like to watch those goal again. 
Thought the whole team put in a decent effort tonight, Chalmers even looked alot more productive than what he has been. Was a bit worried in the first 10 minutes with a couple of long punts up the park that that would be our tactic all night. Once the football broke out were very comfortable. 

Excellent performance tonight, great game plan well executed and some excellent individual performances with Luke standing out a mile as the best player on the pitch.

Third goal a contender for goal of the season with a real quality passing move and fantastic finish by young McKenzie.

If this is the boring negative Football that Hoppy brings, then sign me up to it.....

Once Ayr doubled up on McMullen Dundee were forced to go long to try and get any sort of attack going. Ayr dealt with the long balls comfortably and never looked too threatened.

With Dundee's attack neutralised all Ayr had to do was press and wait for a Dundee mistake and Dundee were happy to oblige, McGowan faffing about on the ball is a problem at the best of times, when he's deep in the Dundee half it's a disaster waiting to happen.

There were plenty of poor performers for Dundee tonight but Elliott was truly awful, the way he was skinned for the second goal was atrocious.

4 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Was less than confident before the game and pretty depressed when I saw the team Hopkin had picked. Fair play to him - it worked and we were worthy winners in the end. 3 attempts on goal and 3 goals - got to be a record for us and for most other teams 😃.

Now a win on Saturday against Raith, please (I know - that would not be like Ayr United 😐)    

We had lots of attempts on goal, especially in the first half. Muirhead very close to scoring as was McCowan a couple of times and both McKenzie and Smith had a few as well.

We just seemed to want it more than Dundee tonight and I actually felt that Dundee played almost identical to ourselves pre Kerr bagging.

Just now, WATTOO said:

We had lots of attempts on goal, especially in the first half. Muirhead very close to scoring as was McCowan a couple of times and both McKenzie and Smith had a few as well.

We just seemed to want it more than Dundee tonight and I actually felt that Dundee played almost identical to ourselves pre Kerr bagging.

Yeah, I actually thought that too. Wonder if that's the final nail for McPake?

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Apologies - 3 attempts on target (I think!)

20 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

When are the highlights up, would quite like to watch those goal again. 
Thought the whole team put in a decent effort tonight, Chalmers even looked alot more productive than what he has been. Was a bit worried in the first 10 minutes with a couple of long punts up the park that that would be our tactic all night. Once the football broke out were very comfortable. 

We put our higlights behind a paywall. Get it right up you!

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I’m not expecting a definite amount but do any Dundee fans have an idea how much you are paying Adams? I’m hoping for your sake it’s not a lot

We're not paying him anything. An outside company that are fans of the club are paying him (could be Kilmac? Unsure of which).

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

We're not paying him anything. An outside company that are fans of the club are paying him (could be Kilmac? Unsure of which).

Paywall = chamber of Dungdee horrors

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

Dundee fc must be almost as delighted about that as Kilmac are raging.