Dundee v Ayr United

Better tell your media team that as they tend to think it’s been snowing heavy 
United Retweeted     261vcKEX_x96.jpg&key=44f29976956f817b24ed7bcefa0e1abf999cd45793f45244180f139d1f358b08   Dundee Football Club   @DundeeFC · 1h   After heavy snowfall in Dundee there will be a pitch inspection tomorrow morning ahead of our match with Ayr United #thedee Quote Tweet     QpOf6d78_normal.png&key=1d40ef8ac071cda8109264593e8f2d16fb995646c875c83dc37fc537498345a7   spflnews   @spflnews · 1h   Pitch inspection   Tuesday February 9   Scottish Championship  
We're in the city and we're rapidly becoming snowed in.

I'm amazed the game isn't called already.

f**k knows what the ground staff were doing for the first and second postponements - but the weather now is very severe.

This could be an absolutely terrible suggestion and I'm prepared to be shot down in flames, but with no fans etc, why can't we play this game in the indoor dome we train in? It's a full size 11-a-side pitch. I realise filming etc might be difficult but we're going to have an almighty backlog of fixtures as I can't see that pitch being playable for a while.

Edited by RossDee01

Just now, RossDee01 said:

This could be an absolutely terrible suggestion and I'm prepared to be shot down in flames, but with no fans etc, why can't we play this game in the indoor dome we train in? It's a full size 11-a-side pitch. I realise filming etc might be difficult but we're going to have an almighty backlog of fixtures as I can't see that pitch being playable for a while.

I saw somebody say that the roof is too low or something. Could be taking the piss for all I know but that's what I saw somebody say regarding the issue.

9 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I've thought that a few times for postponed games during this time, but I would be worried it sets a precedent.  The game is still there as entertainment for fans first and foremost, even though we can't attend.  I would be nervous that a situation like that would become more commonplace as a way to try and clear fixture backlogs.  

30 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Time to get this oot82100712_3pl.jpeg

It would take more than an orange ball mate. 6 inches of snow up here today. I personally think it would make for an interesting spectacle to play in 6 inches of snow but can't see the ref going for it.