Dundee v Ayr United

39 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Turn the heating on Nelms. FFS.

I wonder if we're avoiding using the USH in case rapid defrosting leads to the pitch being waterlogged?

Complete amateur hour either way. 

Am I the only one to be quite happy the game’s off with the amount of injuries we have to our starting 11?

We’re bad enough without McGhee and Fontaine injured. Missing those 2 gives me the fear. 

Put this game off until Fontaine, McGhee, Jakubiak and McMullen are available 👍

Edited by Yenitit

I threatened to blow up Dens on this very forum if Paul McMullan was signed for Dundee. Looks like they signed him, showed him off and then absolutely bottled it. 

I apologise to Ayr United for this bit these crackjack Americans need to know who run this place. 

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Dundee in good form: give us more time plz. 

Dundee with a couple injuries: it's fucked, no chance. 

You've maybe got a point here, it was a balmy 5 degrees in Dundee this afternoon, with light drizzle. We're fucked without Fontaine and McGhee so well played for once McPake, hopefully by the time the reply comes around we'll have signed another defender striker/midfielder.

Thank you.

Disappointing call off, was looking forward to seeing Wright tonight and i fancied us to take something from the game.

In the current situation regarding the week to week uncertainty of covid, i think the SPFL/SFA and clubs need to come up with an agreement where in situations like today the venue is switched or if after 2 postponements the other team are awarded 3 points. Somerset pitch would have been fine for tonight i'd imagine so no reason to stop the venue being switched if enough advance timing was given. 

Just takes a bit of creative thinking which i know is asking a lot of Scottish Football however it's best way to keep teams having played a level amount of games so you don't end up with large indifferences. If season was to be stopped and based on current league positions it would stop issues like last year with QOS/Partick Thistle game in hand debate. 

Seems to be a questionable call off all round with weather not being too bad now in Dundee and the possibility that Dundee have done a sly one not putting down covers or USH so they can have a few more days rest for injuries to heal, only Dundee will know if every possible effort to get the game on was made, when a game is called of 8 and a half hours before kick off with only 4 hours needed for team travel and warm up i'd say not. Will attach pictures below of Tannadice today (allegedly, considering groundsmans wearing shorts) and also picture of McMullan signing today with pitch in background looking better than it did 10 days ago so you can think of them what you will.

Edited by rb123!

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Disappointing call off, was looking forward to seeing Wright tonight and i fancied us to take something from the game.

In the current situation regarding the week to week uncertainty of covid, i think the SPFL/SFA and clubs need to come up with an agreement where in situations like today the venue is switched or if after 2 postponements the other team are awarded 3 points. Somerset pitch would have been fine for tonight i'd imagine so no reason to stop the venue being switched if enough advance timing was given. 

Just takes a bit of creative thinking which i know is asking a lot of Scottish Football however it's best way to keep teams having played a level amount of games so you don't end up with large indifferences. If season was to be stopped and based on current league positions it would stop issues like last year with QOS/Partick Thistle game in hand debate. 

Seems to be a questionable call off all round with weather not being too bad now in Dundee and the possibility that Dundee have done a sly one not putting down covers or USH so they can have a few more days rest for injuries to heal, only Dundee will know if every possible effort to get the game on was made, when a game is called of 8 and a half hours before kick off with only 4 hours needed for team travel and warm up i'd say not. Will attach pictures below of Tannadice today (allegedly, considering groundsmans wearing shorts) and also picture of McMullan signing today with pitch in background looking better than it did 10 days ago so you can think of them what you will.

The photo from Tannadice was clearly not taken today.  Above the shed end you can clearly see a deciduous tree that still has leaves on it.  Basic error by whoever claimed the photo was taken today.