Dundee v Ayr United

On 17/01/2021 at 03:36, rainbowrising said:

McPake paints himself in to a corner by saying they should have played then stopped if the pitch was dangerous.  The ref would argue that as precisely why he wasnt prepared to risk it.

Not really - McPake was convinced it wasn't dangerous and was asking the ref to let them prove it.  

10 hours ago, hk blues said:

Not really - McPake was convinced it wasn't dangerous and was asking the ref to let them prove it.  

Which the ref wouldn't do.  Imagine the fall out if Charlie tears his knee up due to the pitch and it turns out the whole thing was 'lets wait until the pitch causes an injury' and the ref agrees?  McPake (and others) we ere convinced, so was the ref.

12 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

Which the ref wouldn't do.  Imagine the fall out if Charlie tears his knee up due to the pitch and it turns out the whole thing was 'lets wait until the pitch causes an injury' and the ref agrees?  McPake (and others) we ere convinced, so was the ref.

I don't see it that way though - I don't believe McPake was adopting  a wait and see approach, rather he was convinced there was no problem.  

Immaterial now anyway.

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As always, if Dundee aren't playing, mon the draw

Just playing a game of football would be a bonus for us just now tbh, to then say to ourselves 90 minutes later "i wished we hadn't been playing"

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just playing a game of football would be a bonus for us just now tbh, to then say to ourselves 90 minutes later "i wished we hadn't been playing"

I dunno, I've not had a Saturday evening ruined for 3 weeks now.  Quite enjoying this unbeaten run of days. 

9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I thought Dundee were winning the league?

Is that off now?

Hearts have been winning the league since the 1st game of the season after scudding us 6-2.  Dundee were going to win the league I think you meant.  

We're probably not t.b.q.h.