Saintees vs Saints 16/1/21

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I suggest that might be a broadband issue. 

Both of the last two away matches worked perfectly in terms of quality for me. 

Did a wee bit home work I'm with BT supposed to have fiber optic . No doubt will pay to watch the game on Saturday Saints have a habit of pulling your heart strings. 

6 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Did a wee bit home work I'm with BT supposed to have fiber optic . No doubt will pay to watch the game on Saturday Saints have a habit of pulling your heart strings. 

Have you performed a speed test? What service have you signed up for?

3 hours ago, billyg said:

I see Collin Quaner will be in the squad for the game. Looking forward to seeing him in the jersey , after watching him destroy Sheffield Wednesday a couple of years back !

If he makes an appearance, imo, it will be as a sub to replace a tiring Connolly.

10 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Probably owned by Sky, and they just multiply the actual speed by 3 and display that as the result.

The second one, Ookla - speedtest.net, is probably one of the most reliable general test sites. It's difficult without going into specifics as to the reason it may give a false reading but overall they will provide a good evaluation. If you're interested they're owned by Ziff Davis, who in turn are owned by J2,  neither of which are a UK broadband provider.

@ZingaliMan also worth considering issues with your wireless router. My wired speed is roughly 30mbps, which is decent enough for most streaming, but my router, from Plusnet, is pisspoor and signal dips in and out around the house, even when I'm only a few metres away. I would strongly recommend using a wired connection if you can - in simplest terms, plugging your device straight into your router with a cable.

Sorry, well wide of topic there.

To bring it back, I read a decent blog putting forward the possibility of us playing a diamond as a way of getting the best out the players we've got and solving our obvious 'final third' issues.

I normally hate a diamond, but the blog is very well thought through and nicely explained. It may well be the answer to us playing two up top, not exposing the defence, and not dropping any undroppable players.

https://stmirrenfc.blogspot.com/2021/01/st-mirren-switching-to-two-strikers-and.html

I can't see this happening this weekend for reasons already covered, but it's certainly an option.

The snow of Wednesday night is sticking around and it was well below freezing last night.
Has anyone driven behind the North stand in the last 24 hours to see if the pitch was covered or if they have started to remove the snow?

Forecast is for temps around 5-6C tomorrow and rain. A lot of snow about currently but you'd assume that would clear as long as not too much more overnight.

Pitch might be a bit of state though.

4 hours ago, realmadrid said:

The snow of Wednesday night is sticking around and it was well below freezing last night.

Has anyone driven behind the North stand in the last 24 hours to see if the pitch was covered or if they have started to remove the snow?

I went past last night and the pitch was covered in snow-but it looked like the pitch was covered under the snow as far as I could tell. 

59 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Mine is reading 37mbps is that good ? 

You need to take the reading direct from your router with an Ethernet connection. Don’t rely on wireless readings to be accurate as there are other factors to consider.

You may well have the option to purchase Fibre To The Premises (FTTP) as there has been a significant rollout last year across Renfrewshire. You can get up to 900Mb download 100Mb upload in some areas. In other words Fast as f**k!