Saintees vs Saints 16/1/21

7 hours ago, Ric said:

For me, on the right Connolly keeps his place, if McAllister plays Connolly could find himself on either wing. No Mason (or Morias, for that matter) will mean Durmus playing. The three in the midfield; Erhahon, JDH and McGrath are all good players but haven't really played that well over the last couple of games. Do we swap one or more of them out and replace them with a MacPherson or even Foley? 

If we go two up front, I think McGrath will keep his place at the expense of one of the proper wingers and will play out wide.

25 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Worryingly it seems StJohnstone have a decent striker on their hands. Guy was getting rave reviews on here last night. Will he start again? Is he fit enough?

He looked tired when he (eventually) came off but put in a right good shift for an hour or so. It was refreshing to see a St Johnstone forward look so confident and dangerous. Will be disappointed if he doesn't start again on Saturday.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Worryingly it seems StJohnstone have a decent striker on their hands. Guy was getting rave reviews on here last night. Will he start again? Is he fit enough?

I doubt we'll see such a striking performance again tbh. Melamed, Kane, and Wotherspoon were ripping the pish almost every time they got the ball near United defence. 

Suspect all three will spend this match falling over the ball.

Team selection all important on Saturday. The defence picks itself so no issues there. Ethan looks well off the boil and needs a break. I'd bring in Cammy to give us more bite and energy in the middle of the park. McAllister has to be dropped with Durmus and Connolly starting. McGrath is an automatic pick. Expect Brophy to start up front as a lone striker. We have Erwin to come on late in the game if needed. Erwin had a decent second half on Saturday (like the rest of the team). Interesting in Jim's post match interview he praised Erwin in particular as Lee had suffered badly from Covid in October and had been struggling with its after effects since. Hopefully he is now well on his road to full recovery and his performances improve.

What we do depends on whether we have Kerr back. If he’s available I’d have a slight reshuffle that might just balance things up a bit again.

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney McCann Davidson/Craig Tanser

Wotherspoon

Melamed Kane

If Kerr isn’t fit then I would imagine we’ll be on similar lines to last night. We were far more dangerous at Tannadice than we have been recently. We’ve had games where we’ve had 20+ shots with only one or two of those being if any real danger. Last night was different - aside from the goals we had four or five moments where we really should have done better or were denied by a good block/save. We need that to become a far more regular feature of our attacking play.

17 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Team selection all important on Saturday. The defence picks itself so no issues there. Ethan looks well off the boil and needs a break. I'd bring in Cammy to give us more bite and energy in the middle of the park. McAllister has to be dropped with Durmus and Connolly starting. McGrath is an automatic pick. Expect Brophy to start up front as a lone striker. We have Erwin to come on late in the game if needed. Erwin had a decent second half on Saturday (like the rest of the team). Interesting in Jim's post match interview he praised Erwin in particular as Lee had suffered badly from Covid in October and had been struggling with its after effects since. Hopefully he is now well on his road to full recovery and his performances improve.

Good shout; agree with all of that. Ethan does need a (gentle) dropping just to clear his head a bit.

The difference in Erwin when he knew there was someone running beyond him was like night and day. And yes, I think we'll definitely go with one up top.

27 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

What we do depends on whether we have Kerr back. If he’s available I’d have a slight reshuffle that might just balance things up a bit again.

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney McCann Davidson/Craig Tanser

Wotherspoon

Melamed Kane

If Kerr isn’t fit then I would imagine we’ll be on similar lines to last night. We were far more dangerous at Tannadice than we have been recently. We’ve had games where we’ve had 20+ shots with only one or two of those being if any real danger. Last night was different - aside from the goals we had four or five moments where we really should have done better or were denied by a good block/save. We need that to become a far more regular feature of our attacking play.

I think you go with Craig over Davidson currently, as Murray seems more likely to commit silly fouls and get booked early on. Only real positive to Davidson is his height in the midfield, but I don't think St Mirren are going to play with big guys, unless Foley comes back in, so that shouldn't be an issue. We need to get Rooney out wide rather than in the middle as soon as possible, as he's a threat going forward, but defensively a little lax for centreback. It was good to see him charging past McCann last night though, he's a threat no doubt about it. Goes past a player pretty easily as well which is nice to see. 

Got to go with the same front 3 though, both strikers scored and Spoony set up both goals, none of them deserve to get dropped. Gives us May to bring off the bench as a great option for either to freshen things up. 

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Ethan has come in for some stick since the Motherwell game. I see it a bit different more Motherwell in the first half in particular cut off Ethan and Hay's from spraying passes stopping our play makers.  Both Ethan and Cammy are talents that have big futures in the game. Cammy should get the nod this week he has been good when given the nod. 

2 hours ago, Widge said:

We need to get Rooney out wide rather than in the middle as soon as possible, as he's a threat going forward, but defensively a little lax for centreback. It was good to see him charging past McCann last night though, he's a threat no doubt about it. Goes past a player pretty easily as well which is nice to see. 

I wonder if he has the technique and nous to capitalise when he does manage to barrel his way to the edge of the box or the byline. I guess we'll find out when he gets a run in that position. He's impressive when in full flow, certainly.

56 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Not at all Saintee . 

44 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Nothing wrong with it IMO.

It just seems like a really weird, shite attempt at a wind up. 

1 hour ago, deej said:

To be fair, it's only gained traction (as far as I can see) because people have been annoyed by it, or have pretended to be. Same as anything, really. I'm pretty sure only a couple of people complained about the picture of Alan Main because it displayed on the thread preview on the app, but that led to it being posted all the time. And, inevitably, within a few posts' time on this very page, now I've mentioned it.

Edited by Coventry Saint

1 hour ago, deej said:

The first time I remember seeing it was St Johnstone fans taking great glee in calling St Mirren fans 'Saintees'.

Not attempting to wind you up, just telling you my recollection.

I'd never ever heard of St Mirren being called that until seeing it on here a couple of years ago.

To be fair, it's only gained traction (as far as I can see) because people have been annoyed by it, or have pretended to be. Same as anything, really. I'm pretty sure only a couple of people complained about the picture of Alan Main because it displayed on the thread preview on the app, but that led to it being posted all the time. And, inevitably, within a few posts' time on this very page, now I've mentioned it.
Oh no, now you have gone and done it [emoji29].

18 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

f**k Alan Main smiling, we need something more in keeping with the spirit of this game

f**k you you c***s.

Far too dated.

I'd imagine most Saints fans won't give two fucks about that tackle or Andy Millen now. 

I actually find it quite amusing.

Was that the game that Broadfoot was showboating and standing on the ball?:lol: