Saintees vs Saints 16/1/21

HT 0-0

Yeah take that. We haven’t played well and Saintees probably edged it without really threatening. Can tell they’re a side low on confidence.

0-0 absolutely fine for us here. Would maybe get another midfielder on and go back to 4-5-1 to shore things up in the middle a bit. Feel like we’re missing the extra body in there.
That was my fear pre match. Just because you have 2 strikers on the pitch is doesn't make you more attacking. It's actually more of a hindrance for us today.

Got to trust the manager though. The 3 points is here for either team and they could be massive.

I’d like Craig on for Bryson as others have said, but doubt we’ll see that any time soon. Quality of ball has been much better today but once again we’re missing the finishing touch, and the one time we do have someone there for the tap in Shaughnessy does very well to cut the ball out.

Brophy’s flop to the floor claiming for a penalty was embarrassing. That said, with a referee this shut you can’t blame him for trying.

Feel like I’m being more moany than usual recently but that’s three games now we’ve been rotten in the middle of the park. The front three (?) have barely touched the ball and St Johnstone have just strolled through the midfield. Cammy’s not taken his chance today yet.

PLEASE give Flynn a chance Jim, we’re crying out for him right now.

Aye McLean isn’t a great ref like. Strikes me as a bit of a knob. Probably pals with the likes of Simon Donnelly. 
Talking off which, interesting choice of co-commentor. Assuming it will club legends Paul Bernard or Craig Beattie next week.

Decent first half without being brilliant. Agree with others about Bryson. He's okay as a replacement for McCann but they don't really work together.

26 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Do we have to get every single player, match and shirt sponsor during the game every week?  There's 15 minutes at half time they could do that.

I’m listening to the home commentary and it’s like local radio with the amount of sponsor mentions.

Bryson is tidy enough but has no drive these days. Can't see Davidson taking him off till later, though.

It's been better today, but I'd like to see the wide players take a bit more care over their crossing. Hammering the ball across the six yard box gets everyone excited but isn't the smartest move if no one's likely to get on the end of it. 

Maybe, you know, now that we've suffered yet another half without a shot on target and have 3 open play goals in over 1000 minutes at home, we should try something different. 

This absolute obsession with a back 5 when is completely bizarre.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe, you know, now that we've suffered yet another half without a shot on target and have 3 open play goals in over 1000 minutes at home, we should try something different. 

This absolute obsession with a back 5 when is completely bizarre.

Fanny.