Saintees vs Saints 16/1/21

3 hours ago, Radford said:

I'm no expert but yeah, if the stream works for the majority of people, surely the problem is at the viewer's end? 

We've had issues like at Rugby Park where everyone was missing chunks of the game but that wasn't the case yesterday.

Was the picture on the away team feed not working, or just the sound? 

If it was the picture, then the guy shouldn't have to be checking social media to know he needs to change player and should be given his refund though. 

I had terrible stream from Ross County and Kilmarnock, however yesterday's was good. 

I actually thought the coverage was alright yesterday. I think it buffered maybe once or twice during the game. I binned the St Mirren commentary because it was so biased and bordered on ridiculous at times. The St Johnstone commentary at least had a semblance of balance. 

The adverts throughout were a little annoying but I suppose clubs need to find ways to pay the bills. 

I don’t really understand why we have Simon Donnelly doing co-comms to be honest. He was only with us for a season and was hardly a popular figure in that time. 

admittedly better than hearing Roddy Grant saying ‘ye know’ every 10 seconds  

I quite liked the commentary team yesterday apart from the constant adverts and donations. We have paid for the streams via the season ticket money which on the whole have been good value.
Could Jim Goodwin not just have said St Mirren were beaten by a better team on the day instead of blaming the referee etc. I have watched our goal several times and don’t see anything wrong in the build up.

19 minutes ago, akuram said:

I quite liked the commentary team yesterday apart from the constant adverts and donations. We have paid for the streams via the season ticket money which on the whole have been good value.
Could Jim Goodwin not just have said St Mirren were beaten by a better team on the day instead of blaming the referee etc. I have watched our goal several times and don’t see anything wrong in the build up.

I see the whole selling thing trying to justify the value for the sponsors. 

If we're behind closed doors come the start of next season the value for companies of sponsorship will plummet even further so maybe trying to offer and alternative as a sponsor to get value out their sponsorship. 

Just speculating though. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Is that the ex St Mirren player Mark Guidi? How did St Johnstone end up with him as a commentator?
Big pals with Kirsten Robertson who brought him in as consultant. As it's become apparent that the whole season was going to be behind closed doors they thought they had to offer everyone a more professional experience (especially season ticket holders)
Not been a fan of his style of commentary and much prefer my mate who does the away saints games.
He put himself forward for it when no one else did despite having no experience of doing it.

15 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

much prefer my mate who does the away saints games.
He put himself forward for it when no one else did despite having no experience of doing it.

I think wee watty does a half decent job, if he could just lay off using the phrases "Tayside derby" "bye kick" and  "Saintees" then it would be great. 

Think you should  nominate posters from here to co commentate rather than scraping the barrel for your Simon Donnellys of this world. TRS could sing really badly at half time, Randoom could bore us all with stats, then have us all rolling about as he tries Keepy ups and Radford could just switch the live feed off and storm off in a huff when we're getting pumped.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

I think wee watty does a half decent job, if he could just lay off using the phrases "Tayside derby" "bye kick" and  "Saintees" then it would be great. 

Think you should  nominate posters from here to co commentate rather than scraping the barrel for your Simon Donnellys of this world. TRS could sing really badly at half time, Randoom could bore us all with stats, then have us all rolling about as he tries Keepy ups and Radford could just switch the live feed off and storm off in a huff when we're getting pumped.

Imagine listening to RG rambling on about xg or whatever for 90 minutes!zzzzzzzzz