Saintees vs Saints 16/1/21

FT 1-0

Standard McDiarmid Park performance from us. Didn’t play well and didn’t deserve anything from the game. Hope we go back to one striker in the semi next week, all our best performances have came with one upfront. It just never worked at all today with two up there.

Feel for Cammy as he would have started the semi next week given JDH is suspended. It was two soft yellows but there’s no need for him to dive in there and he’s gave the ref a decision to make. Now i assume it will be one of Foley or Flynn starting beside Ethan next week. Can’t remember the last time either of them played.

Losing 1-0 away to St Johnstone is certainly not cause for panic, but I know some of our fans will. We are still above the Saintees despite playing three games less after all.

Just now, tree house tam said:

St Mirren are really bad, think they're in trouble. 

We are poor just now but we go on bursts of runs where we pick up points. That was a massive change of system today but there is no excuse for turning in performances like the last 3 games.

We show up like that next week and we're done before a ball is kicked.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We are poor just now but we go on bursts of runs where we pick up points. That was a massive change of system today but there is no excuse for turning in performances like the last 3 games.

Every time I've seen you this season you've been crap. Even when you beat us in Paisley you needed us to go down to 10.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

What were we actually playing? I didn't see any of it.

Thank f**k!

Comfortable for the first hour but around the time of our double substitution onwards we fell away badly against 10 men.  Probably nerves after such a poor run. Defence and keeper fairly solid and a good partnership from Kane and Melamed forming.

A lot of luck for the goal, but we deserve that when we've had some fairly abysmal luck so far this season.

Weve played a lot better this season, but the three points were vital today.  Delighted for the players and Davidson, hopefully we can kick on a bit.

1 minute ago, Lex said:

FT 1-0

Standard McDiarmid Park performance from us. Didn’t play well and didn’t deserve anything from the game. Hope we go back to one striker in the semi next week, all our best performances have came with one upfront. It just never worked at all today with two up there.

Feel for Cammy as he would have started the semi next week given JDH is suspended. It was two soft yellows but there’s no need for him to dive in there and he’s gave the ref a decision to make. Now i assume it will be one of Foley or Flynn starting beside Ethan next week. Can’t remember the last time either of them played.

Losing 1-0 away to St Johnstone is certainly not cause for panic, but I know some of our fans will. We are still above the Saintees despite playing three games less after all.

Certainly no panic required, but I do think we have questions to ask after another poor performance. No goals on target at a team below us in the table is not good enough.

We've just signed two new strikers and yet we look more toothless than ever. 

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Every time I've seen you this season you've been crap. Even when you beat us in Paisley you needed us to go down to 10.

I've said it before, I can probably count on one hand, in 25 years of going, the number of times we've had a straightforward win against St. Johnstone.

It's fucking ingrained at St. Mirren that we always perform poorly against your lot. Even in seasons when we are doing well.

We somehow managed to overcome our opponents being reduced to 10 men to win the match. 

someone needs to have a word with Davidson about his substitutions. They always seem to make us quite noticeably weaker. 

Kane, Melamed and Wotherspoon need to start in the semi final next week. They complement each other very well. 

Given the confidence of St Mirren fans before the match, I expected better from them. We weren’t quite as dominant as we were in august but felt we were still clear winners.

I'm guessing he wasn't 100% today but it's clear that Obika is our best striker just now (Brophy and Quaner could come good). Erwin has had plenty of chances to show what he can do and I'm afraid he's come up short. 

It was a good chance for MacPherson to make an impression today and unfortunately he didn't take it. Needlessly dived in twice and got himself sent off. The second one particularly is so stupid. 

St Johnstone should've won far more comfortably than they did. It's difficult to know what's caused such a dip in performances. 

Absolutely rotten again, we didn’t get our jammy equaliser this week unfortunately. I thought St Johnstone played a lot better in the win earlier this season but we didn’t threaten them at all after the goal.

No sympathy for Cammy for me, the first was a clear yellow and the second was a moronic challenge to make on a booking. I thought Tait and Doyle-Hayes were well below par today and we never play well when those two are off form.

Desperately hoping Flynn and Obika start in the semi final.

Just now, BC17 said:

Certainly no panic required, but I do think we have questions to ask after another poor performance. No goals on target at a team below us in the table is not good enough.

We've just signed two new strikers and yet we look more toothless than ever. 

I think the biggest problem today was a lack of anyone in the middle of the park to put their foot on the ball. Our midfield aside from JDH is poor, can’t pick a pass and can’t hold up the ball so our strikers got isolated. Unless we can improve dramatically in midfield, we need to stick with 1 up front and stifle the middle of the park.

Just now, Torfason said:

I think the biggest problem today was a lack of anyone in the middle of the park to put their foot on the ball. Our midfield aside from JDH is poor, can’t pick a pass and can’t hold up the ball so our strikers got isolated. Unless we can improve dramatically in midfield, we need to stick with 1 up front and stifle the middle of the park.

We know Erhahon is decent in certain situations and Cammy is similar but not quite as good.

So why not fucking give Ryan Flynn a game? He's in no way shape or form a defensively minded midfielder and could be the guy for that role.