Saintees vs Saints 16/1/21

1 hour ago, Lex said:

They must be due a win.

If you're going on that logic, then we're due a win and a fucking glut of home goals.

So I suspect we'll lose this 2-0, Brophy hat trick.

I see the Tayside massive are frothing at the mouth again. Good, good.

Mr All's scrambling for relevance by claiming we should be ashamed for not being a financial basket case, when their own club is literally the byword for Scottish football financial mismanagement is particularly pleasing.

As for the game it's going to be 2-1, the question is just which side that two goals will end up on.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

St Johnstone haven’t won any of their last nine games, including draws against Accies and County. They must be due a win, if they can’t beat us at home, who can they beat?

You're doing us a disservice here, we're 10 league matches without a win.  

November 6th our last win at home v Kilmarnock. Other than that the victory over st Mirren was the only other home win.  In the majority of draws and defeats at home we've been the better side, but we can't break teams down and give away sloppy goals.  You don't have to play particularly well to beat us; just being well organised has usually been enough unfortunately.

But I'm going to optimistically predict that as long as Davidson doesn't revert back to 5-2-3 and we set up similarly to Tuesday night, today is the day it finally all comes together and we win by 3 or 4.

43 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Your style of humour is wasted on here, you should try your hand at scripting reboots of1980s ITV sitcoms.

23081160_hqdefault(3).jpg.b9058b646d0c59b3ff5c5b60231abfad.jpg

Aslong as we don’t start with Erwin upfront himself then I think we are more than capable of winning this. We haven’t played well in any game we’ve started with Erwin as a lone front man. That’s not a dig at Erwin it’s more to do with the role not suiting him than anything else. We seen last week the improvement in his game when he has someone to play beside up there. 

If we stick with 1 up it’s got to be Obika or Brophy . 

Dundee also lubed up and bent over for Celtic when they wanted to force through the 8/8/8 farce, with only St Mirren and Ross County taking the brave and principled stand to save Scottish Football.

I think we will lose today. St Johnstone away is never a happy hunting ground for us, and we've not actually played well for a while. Also, I think St Johnstone are a better team than the league table suggests. I watched them against United and they were by far the better side. 1-0 to St Johnstone. 

50 minutes ago, Ric said:

Remember that time Nelms went down on his knees begging for Jack Ross to join them? That was a hoot.

Not as funny as when he told them to bolt.

By "went down on his knees", I think you mean "flew to Europe to stalk Jack Ross on holiday like a slavering bootlicker". It was such a surefire thing a Dens poster on here changed his avatar to a picture of Ross.

Good times.

41 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

My prediction today is that we’ll fail to win and then we’ll get told by opposition supporters and neutrals that we were the better team and we definitely won’t get relegated.

Yep, there'll be neutrals all over the country paying £17.50 for this, I reckon.

Yep, there'll be neutrals all over the country paying £17.50 for this, I reckon.

I am referring to the one or two neutrals who comment on our performances, most recently against Dundee United. I highly doubt, whether it’s a Saints home or away match, that any neutral is paying for the pleasure.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

I am referring to the one or two neutrals who comment on our performances, most recently against Dundee United. I highly doubt, whether it’s a Saints home or away match, that any neutral is paying for the pleasure.

I know mate, I was just being a dick. There'll also be journos there, too, tbf.