Description

Scott Smillie

I'm from Baillieston & they were my team until they folded (that's another story) . Lived in Tollcross when first married so then went to watch Vale of Clyde. Now in Gartcosh but still go & see Vale when I can. So what makes a junior club now? Are Vale not a junior club anymore as they play in the West of Scotland Leagues?

38 minutes ago, Scott Smillie said:

I'm from Baillieston & they were my team until they folded (that's another story) . Lived in Tollcross when first married so then went to watch Vale of Clyde. Now in Gartcosh but still go & see Vale when I can. So what makes a junior club now? Are Vale not a junior club anymore as they play in the West of Scotland Leagues?

If you've got a spare year or two you could read the "Junior Football, What Is The Future?" thread. If not, I shall summarise. There are no juniors in the west anymore. There are still some up north and an ever dwindling band in the east. Eventually all will be seniors but hey it's just a name. Enjoy.

27 minutes ago, Scott Smillie said:

Although Vale of Clyde moved with all the other West Region clubs to the West of Scotland Football League in the senior pyramid, they did however keep their membership of the Scottish Junior Football Association. They were one of 53 WOSFL clubs who did so, meaning they can still play in the Scottish Junior Cup (whenever the next edition takes place).

The "true" Junior clubs remaining are the 63 in the East and North Region leagues outside the pyramid. Soon enough they'll join the pyramid and it'll all just be football clubs.