Raith v ICT (part 3)

9 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
2 hours ago, Brashy said:
Aye, that's kinda what I meant. Quoted wrong post. No pre match interview yet this week makes me suspicious there's something to this.

Confirmed. We'll get a kicking.

Depends on whether or not we've been following protocol.

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

How long has this been known about and when did we request the postponement? 

I know Thursday is media day and all that but seems it might've been put out sooner. 

Seems unlikely we've been sitting on it for days.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Seems unlikely we've been sitting on it for days.

It's more that rumours seem to appear on this very forum which are quickly found to he correct*. For something with this degree of seriousness, that's quite annoying.

As long as we've followed the protocols then hopefully it'll be OK. If we are found not to have done so, then we'll deserve the book that's thrown at us. It was inevitable a game would be put in doubt for covid at some point, just wish it wasn't us so we could test the reaction. 

*Thankfully with the exception of us signing Gary Glen. 

29 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
2 hours ago, Brashy said:
Aye, that's kinda what I meant. Quoted wrong post. No pre match interview yet this week makes me suspicious there's something to this.

Confirmed. We'll get a kicking.

You won't unless you've breached any protocols, and given all that has happened, especially recently, surely no clubs who are still permitted to play will be that stupid and arrogant.

Why would we be allowed to postpone? Haven’t clubs in the premiership who have experienced outbreaks simply had to forfeit the game?
Are there different circumstances between us and some of those premier teams?
Are there teams who have already had a postponement agreed?

1 minute ago, stevoraith said:

Why would we be allowed to postpone? Haven’t clubs in the premiership who have experienced outbreaks simply had to forfeit the game?

The forfeits awarded against the teams have subsequently been appealed and are soon to be heard. 

The behaviour of the players/club is important here. If we've breached the protocols then I agree a forfeit is in order. 

Edited by Michael W

Clyde had a couple of postponements. I think it was more the fact St Mirren had multiple, independent outbreaks that forced that issue.

You have to really hope we've followed protocol on this.

You would be allowed to postpone because of an outbreak.

The two clubs in the Premiership were punished because they failed to follow protocols and admitted to those failures

An outbreak can still happen even if a club follows all protocols though.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

You would be allowed to postpone because of an outbreak.

The two clubs in the Premiership were punished because they failed to follow protocols and admitted to those failures

An outbreak can still happen even if a club follows all protocols though.

I imagine there are many clubs who have failed many protocols and just not admitted to them. 

1 minute ago, renton said:

Assuming we heard yesterday or today. 10 days for isolation means we face Hearts on the back of no games in four weeks and half the squad not having trained for 10 days...

We’ll probably get Craig Napier as ref again too!

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

I imagine there are many clubs who have failed many protocols and just not admitted to them. 

Almost certainly, but after the punishments given to St Mirren and Kilmarnock you'd imagine clubs would wisen up. 

After the Celtic debacle and Leagues 1 and 2 being suspended, clubs not adhering to protocols are even more insanely stupid to not stick to the protocols, unless they actually want football cancelled.

This is why there is testing. It's unfortunate and obviously wish everyone well health wise, but this is how it's going to be. If it stops cross club transmission and then the virus being brought to other parts of the country, that's the point. 

This is why there is testing. It's unfortunate and obviously wish everyone well health wise, but this is how it's going to be. If it stops cross club transmission and then the virus being brought to other parts of the country, that's the point. 

How long has this been known about and when did we request the postponement? 
I know Thursday is media day and all that but seems it might've been put out sooner. 
Might have been waiting for the confirmation of tests. I don't think we'll be the first club this will happen to over the next few weeks with the way the government have been talking. Its really a question of whether we've followed protocols. There'll be an element of pressure on the SPFL to accept this given the rhetoric from the Scottish govt. You'd imagine Caley players wouldn't be too comfy risking their own health playing against a team who are undergoing an outbreak. If the game goes ahead, it sets a dangerous precedent: it could be us this week but another team down the line.

It was inevitable really. Fans and players were asking questions back in October about how part time players could combine jobs without risking outbreaks.

Most importantly, I hope everyone impacted is in good health and that there's no lasting damage.