Infectious FC v Livingston

6 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Multiple times. If we've got anyone making over 1k a week I'd be surprised. Maybe Ambrose.

Again who cares,do you think Ambrose is a better player than Duffy?
Like Duffy,Ambrose is a better player when the ball is in the air, when the ball is on the deck both players struggle.

Like Duffy,Ambrose is a better player when the ball is in the air, when the ball is on the deck both players struggle.
Everyone cares because it's logical that if you pay higher wages, you get better players. You're either a fucking idiot and the only person that doesn't realise this, or you're trolling.

If you genuinely think that the Celtic line up yesterday was on levels with Livingstones then I'd care if I was you because its catastrophic over spending but I'm sure you'll find some way to justify the spending as you're just another brainwashed member of the OF cult.

24 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Duffy getting the wage he gets just shows how fecked up the EPL is for the ability he has, good luck to him it's a short career.
I'm sure you wish Dykes all the best when he left plus he deserves the wage hes on,it's more than he was on at QOS it works both ways.
You get overpaid footballers and players that deserve every penny who fecking cares?

We're not talking about one player here, it is your whole fucking team on higher wages, and it allows you to pluck the best players from other teams in the SPFL Premiership , hence how it matters. Even when some of those players collect splinters in the arses sitting on your bench, they were still stand outs in other Premiership teams.

It wasn't your strongest starting XI yesterday but you still had superior players that should've been capable of beating a 5th placed team punching above its weight when you were playing at home. Trying to make excuses for not doing so is just pathetic nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If you genuinely think that the Celtic line up yesterday was on levels with Livingstones then I'd care if I was you because its catastrophic over spending but I'm sure you'll find some way to justify the spending as you're just another brainwashed member of the OF cult.

Livingston were the better team yesterday,it has nothing to do with how much Duffy is taking home to his family.
It's a good comparison Effy and Duffy both made mistakes at Celtic.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It wasn't your strongest starting XI yesterday but you still had superior players that should've been capable of beating a 5th placed team punching above its weight when you were playing at home. Trying to make excuses for not doing so is just pathetic nonsense.

We are talking about one game,underestimating your own team and overestimating the Celtic team is where your debate falls short.

37 minutes ago, Empty It said:
49 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You don't seem to understand what can happen 11 v 11 in one game.it was not a surprise Livingston got a point yesterday.

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Multiple times. If we've got anyone making over 1k a week I'd be surprised. Maybe Ambrose.

Disagree, I think we will have a few over £1k a week now. Bigger question is whether we would have any over £2k a week basic. I imagine not but it wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We are talking about one game,underestimating your own team and overestimating the Celtic team is where your debate falls short.

I rarely underestimate my team these days, i had fancied us to get something here no matter what team you put out.  But that's not what we're talking about, it's the massive difference in resources and quality between our teams. Even with 3 or 4 key players out you should still be beating us at Celtic park.

Six of your starting XI started against Sevco, and another two came on as subs, the 13 players missing patter is hugely exaggerating how much weaker your team was from the one you'd have played anyway. where you were really left behind was graft and willingness to get stuck in, but that's down to players attitudes, not ability/quality.

Livi have decent quality of players but not anywhere near the level of Celtic's, lets face it, if we had, you'd be trying to take them off us.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I rarely underestimate my team these days, i had fancied us to get something here no matter what team you put out.  But that's not what we're talking about, it's the massive difference in resources and quality between our teams. Even with 3 or 4 key players out you should still be beating us at Celtic park.

Six of your starting XI started against Sevco, and another two came on as subs, the 13 players missing patter is hugely exaggerating how much weaker your team was from the one you'd have played anyway. where you were really left behind was graft and willingness to get stuck in, but that's down to players attitudes, not ability/quality.

Livi have decent quality of players but not anywhere near the level of Celtic's, lets face it, if we had, you'd be trying to take them off us.

The massive difference in resources only comes over a season it's greatly reduced in a one off game,this is a match thread that's what i'm posting about.
There is no doubt if Celtic had the 13 players available we would've had a better chance of winning the game not taking anything away from the ability of the Livingston team.
Out of the 13 players Celtic used yesterday 5 are youth players with a handful of games,3 are starting their Celtic careers 2 are loan players and the other 3 are seasoned pros.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Disagree, I think we will have a few over £1k a week now. Bigger question is whether we would have any over £2k a week basic. I imagine not but it wouldn't surprise me.

On second thoughts you're probably right. Our playing staff average salary is 42k apparently, and 52k would be 1k a week, so we'll definitely have a few higher than that. I've still got that league 1 mentality it seems...

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Out of the 13 players Celtic used yesterday 5 are youth players with a handful of games,3 are starting their Celtic careers 2 are loan players and the other 3 are seasoned pros.

You make a lot of horrific shouts, but not classing Duffy and Laxalt as "seasoned pros" just because they're on loan is madness even from you  :lol: I'm also pretty sure you're suggesting David Turnbull "starting his Celtic career" is an argument for the team being weakened, even though any Scottish football fan knows he's an excellent player.

4 hours ago, thruthenight said:

On second thoughts you're probably right. Our playing staff average salary is 42k apparently, and 52k would be 1k a week, so we'll definitely have a few higher than that. I've still got that league 1 mentality it seems...

Would expect Ambrose to be over 1k, probably JET as well tbh if we brought him in to be Dykes' replacement. With the amount of times we've given Pittman a new contract to calm down interest in him it wouldn't surprise me if he's breached the 1k mark too. No idea what % we're paying for them but would think Ciaron Brown and Robby McCrorie are on half decent salaries at their parent clubs.

39 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

You make a lot of horrific shouts, but not classing Duffy and Laxalt as "seasoned pros" just because they're on loan is madness even from you  :lol: I'm also pretty sure you're suggesting David Turnbull "starting his Celtic career" is an argument for the team being weakened, even though any Scottish football fan knows he's an excellent player.

You are probably right about Duffy and Laxalt but we could debate semantics (different expectations,environment ect).
Turnbull has played less than 20 games for Celtic nobody is denying his potential.  

8 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:
8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Everyone cares because it's logical that if you pay higher wages, you SHOULD get better players. You're either a fucking idiot and the only person that doesn't realise this, or you're trolling.

FTFY

31 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

How is this  only a yellow card?

Looks out of control with both feet off the ground, catching Sibbald in a scissor tackle too. 

Swings his leg and falls over. Makes it look like some flying challenge.

I have to say as that match went on I became convinced Duffy was targeting opposing players. To me he wasnt just challenging to win a header but was deliberately going right through the opponent at the same time as making contact with the ball.  The player on the receiving end wouldnt see it coming. Dreadful player like some throw back to the kind of centre half you would get in the 60s and 70s.