Morton vs Pars - do we have to? Yes, seemingly we do

24 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

SPFL have asked all clubs if they want to suspend the Championship.

f**k in this lockdown we need an outlet vote no.

Understand money short and maybe pressure on testing costs but we got £500,000 so keep going.

We got a good result coming here having Got through a Covid mini Crisis 

you couldn't put away dunfermline fc in your own midden and you're calling to arms?

Three week lay-off for us. Shite conditions. We were the better team but can't complain that we didn't take full points.

Thomas and Dow are just not giving enough quality wide. It's getting beyond just a dip in form now,  It's gone on for ages now. They need real competition. Would love to see Cammy Smith coming in. 

Also need more than a pain in the arse main striker up top. I like McManus but somebody with the ability to take a touch and show some composure is needed. Would like to see McCann drop a league on loan and open a space for an experienced striker that can hold up play for guys like McManus and O'Hara.

So did I, didn't see any deflection or save though. 
If any team deserves to win this then I'd say it was Dunfermline, we've had some ringers in goal in the past against Morton  so I'm shocked they've not tried to test OFW at all. 
Definitely a Morton throw aswell, we've had a couple of baffling decisions go our way tonight, they haven't amounted to anything right enough. 
The McCann shot hit the left back's leg very slightly just after it left his foot.

Should have put the keeper under more pressure but our set piece delivery was pish tonight. Missed opportunity yet again. At least we aren't losing these tight games though.

I love how the BBC pundits tried their best to big this up pre-match as anything other than a scrap between two utter horseshit teams.

“Dunfermline have been so impressive” Yeah, fair enough we were quality at the start of the season, but ever since that Hearts game we’ve been our usual shitbag selves. Can’t speak for Morton, unfortunately, but I felt the BBC were polishing the turd a bit too much and then acting all surprised when it turned out to be a turgid shitfest.

Call a spade a spade ffs: we’re lucky the rest of the league is even worse than us, enabling us to be in the position we are.

Whittaker struggles in a midfield 2 and don't quite understand how O'Hara gets put on with 8 minutes to go when you're trying to get a goal. A typical blood and thunder Championship match really on a terrible pitch. Plenty of perspiration, little inspiration. Morton continue to grind out results, a great effort from the players and interim staff.

On O'Hara, has he struggled to settle to get back into full time training, the club itself, formation? I thought him and McManus would've caused teams real problems together as a pairing, or certainly one off the other.

I know a team in black and white that would love to have him and also give him a starting role every week.

O’hara’s issue is he doesn’t understand offside and his first touch is diabolical.

Gets in good areas and can finish but certainly not doing enough to get a starting place.

McManus and o’hara have played their worst when they start games together.  We don’t play 2 up front very often but both have worked better with McCann.   When we play 1 up front McManus is comfortably the best choice for that role.

46 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

the highlight was the BBC half time footage of a flyover of Inverclyde, feck me what century did they take that?

I was wondering that myself. I would have to guess that it was at least 20 years old, maybe even older.

11 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I love how the BBC pundits tried their best to big this up pre-match as anything other than a scrap between two utter horseshit teams.

“Dunfermline have been so impressive” Yeah, fair enough we were quality at the start of the season, but ever since that Hearts game we’ve been our usual shitbag selves. Can’t speak for Morton, unfortunately, but I felt the BBC were polishing the turd a bit too much and then acting all surprised when it turned out to be a turgid shitfest.

Call a spade a spade ffs: we’re lucky the rest of the league is even worse than us, enabling us to be in the position we are.

The reason why it was a turgid shitfest is because it's this Morton team's M.O. and we're now well organised and effective enough to drag teams into a shitfest every week. Dunfermline deserve some credit for their defence strolling much of the game and just about dealing with our main threat from set-pieces. Neither team was obliged to charge to a glorious defeat though because that's not how a league campaign works. 

That the BBC chose to televise the home match of a team with the lowest goals tally in the division and a pretty solid defensive record before gurning all night about the lack of goalmouth action is all on their programme editors.

Edited by vikingTON

Have to say McGinty  has been excellent this season. Didn't have the greatest of seasons last season and I was a bit surprised when he signed on again.

In fact the 3 CB's have been great, but fair play to the big man for turning it around   

Paul Watson made the SPFL team of the week.

Even with games off and the lower leagues off, there must have been better options?

He didn't play badly, it's more that he didn't really need to do anything, and didn't join in the attack at any time.