Morton vs Pars - do we have to? Yes, seemingly we do

The whole nation will surely tune in to this one on Friday night.

Will be our first game since December 29th, so at least the players will be well rested.

We have an absolute miserable record at Cappielow. Not confident about this one!

I assume we need to get testing regimes in place ahead of the game on Friday? Given we have several players coming to the end of quarantine spells, some of which actually testing positive, that I would not be surprised to see more of the squad testing positive this week.

Our record at Cappielow since we dropped out of top-flight football in 2007:

W: 6
D: 4
L: 10

I could have sworn it was far worse than that. Only 1 win there since our promotion from the seaside league in 2016. Horrendous.

Morton win. Most likely a goal in the last few minutes.

Heavy frost all day Tuesday. Heavy rain much of yesterday, light snow overnight and looks like more rain or snow to come today. They're predicting dry and overcast tomorrow and temperatures getting all the way up to 4 or 5 degrees, but I think that might be too little too late for the pitch and the game. 

Given how heavy the pitch has been this season, if it does go ahead it'll be more like mud-wrestling than fitba'. 

😒

The snow in Glasgow just now is already being partially melted by the rain, if it's the same in Greenock then the issue might be the pitch waterlogging as opposed to freezing.

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Heavy frost all day Tuesday. Heavy rain much of yesterday, light snow overnight and looks like more rain or snow to come today. They're predicting dry and overcast tomorrow and temperatures getting all the way up to 4 or 5 degrees, but I think that might be too little too late for the pitch and the game. 

Given how heavy the pitch has been this season, if it does go ahead it'll be more like mud-wrestling than fitba'. 

😒

What's happened to the pitch at Morton? Back in the day it was the best pitch in Scotland IMO, very rarely had games off either. 

44 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What's happened to the pitch at Morton? Back in the day it was the best pitch in Scotland IMO, very rarely had games off either. 

It's now used by the club for training purposes, much to the annoyance of the groundsman who thought that he was creating a show lawn inside. The drawback is that it will be an absolute mess and susceptible to postponements through the winter, but our home record in the past 18 months has been decent enough to justify the change. 

That's a bit of an unfair advantage getting to train on the playing surface, we only get that benefit playing Alloa away.

It's now used by the club for training purposes, much to the annoyance of the groundsman who thought that he was creating a show lawn inside. The drawback is that it will be an absolute mess and susceptible to postponements through the winter, but our home record in the past 18 months has been decent enough to justify the change. 

35 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Looking forward to this. Might push my chair right up to another one with nowhere to put my legs for added realism.

Invite a pigeon to shite all over it too for an even more realistic experience.