Scottish lower league football locked down for 3 weeks

If that is the case then the Scottish Government need to come out and say what the rates would have to drop to for football to be allowed back.

Never going to happen and nor should it. Decisions regarding restrictions are based on far more than one blunt criterion.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think if it’s an 18 game season, the criteria will also include no promotion or relegation.

There is absolutely no chance we attempt to play out the rest of this season, or part of it, and we don't do promotion or relegation. What would be the point?

Guest The Phoenix
1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think if it’s an 18 game season, the criteria will also include no promotion or relegation.

And no Club in their right mind will sign up to spending money on testing to play friendly matches. 

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Never going to happen and nor should it. Decisions regarding restrictions are based on far more than one blunt criterion.

If it's not a drop off in case numbers, then what should any decision be based on?

7 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

If you were currently bottom you would have a clear view of why not. 

We've been through it all last year when no other games were played and 3 teams got relegated. Whoever is bottom would still have 50% of their games to turn it around. Nothing about that is unfair. If your bottom after a third of a season and worried about being bottom and two thirds of the season, you're more than likely going to be bottom after the final third. 

8 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Because it is not enough games. Clubs have already agreed from the start to  play 9 games less, how many more games do we need to surrender before we admit the season is a right off.

Why is it not enough? Literally the entire professional set up in England play each other once home and once away, as do each major league in Europe. Why is that an issue? 

After 2 rounds of games against teams in your league, it provides a fair representation of where you should finish.

Got to laugh at the idea that playing each team once, home and away, with half of those games being played knowing that the season is only 18 games, is somehow more unfair than playing a random assortment of games, some home, some away, some v teams directly in promotion places, some v teams in relegation places, with all games played under the false belief that a season is 36 games total...

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Genuine question. If the league is declared null and void, is the prize money still handed out - and if so is it divided equally, or based on club's current league positions?

I would think if it’s null and void, then it should be equal share. Don’t see how you could argue that 10 games is enough for league places to decide prize money, but not enough to decide anything else.

On the other hand, I’d probably support giving us no prize money and divvying it up amongst the other teams just to see the absolute mess of a statement we’d hit out with. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I would think if it’s null and void, then it should be equal share. Don’t see how you could argue that 10 games is enough for league places to decide prize money, but not enough to decide anything else.

On the other hand, I’d probably support giving us no prize money and divvying it up amongst the other teams just to see the absolute mess of a statement we’d hit out with. 

I was thinking that too. But then you'd have clubs (perhaps including Sons) who might end up benefiting from null and void financially. Which just makes the whole thing even more complex and bizarre.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are there any stats the show a correlation between those in favour of restart and clubs with the most to lose?

Or indeed, a correlation with those in favour of not restarting, and with those who aren’t comfortable in their league positioning. 

The thing that will be lost, however, is that they aren’t equivalent. Those in favour of restarting are *football clubs* wanting to *play football*. If clubs/fans of clubs wanted to null and void, when a season could be finished, I think that would be appalling. It would be like having a vote, every season, on whether to have relegation or not. Acht, there’s a few clubs scrapping it out at the bottom this season, let’s get rid of relegation. That’s not how competition works. Therefore, voting to finish a season and voting to null and void when the opportunity to play exists is not the same.

11 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Genuine question. If the league is declared null and void, is the prize money still handed out - and if so is it divided equally, or based on club's current league positions?

I think they should take the prize money and give it to Neil Doncaster. The man's a saint and has worked awfy, awfy hard to save Scottish football. 

Its frustrating that football can't continue but let's be honest and realistic. The rest of the country is in "lockdown". There are numerous businesses up and down the country struggling to survive due to the pandemic. Why should football clubs, PT ones at that, be allowed to play when the rest of us are locked up unable to do anything? Id love to play football, id love to see my family, there's loads id love to do but can't. People can bleat about the stats, the data, the government, the rates all they like. The fact of the matter is we are in lockdown and whilst the rest of us are locked up at home, so should PT footballers. Ok I wait for the argument about the top 2 leagues playing but there are numerous reasons they are allowed that we all know. Whether we like it or not is another matter. If everyone listened to the advice, abided by the rules and done what we are asked then we might get back a bit earlier. I for one am sick fed up of this pandemic, I want everything I enjoyed in my life back, including football, but until its safe we all need to suck it up and deal with it.