Scottish lower league football locked down for 3 weeks

I'm going to suggest an 18 game leagues 1 & 2 seasons, one up one down, so as it stands Falkirk would replace arbroath & queens park would replace forfar, scrap play offs fir this season, keep scottish cup.
If we aren't back by middle of march, be as well voiding the season. 
If we go to 18 games, there will be plenty time for the playoffs. Assuming we get started by the start of March, that leaves 10 of the original matchdays, with scope for another couple of midweeks to be fitted in.

Not sure a team that finishes 4th, in a truncated 18 game season should potentially replace a team that's played in a 27 game season in the Championship.

Might be good at the time, but I wouldn't want to see any club going up and having a season like Brechin did a couple of years back.

God knows how the Scottish cup would work if our league season was voided, would we have to pay & train players for a one off cup tie & if we got through, extend their contracts for the next round. Glad I'm not making that desicion! 

7 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Might be good at the time, but I wouldn't want to see any club going up and having a season like Brechin did a couple of years back.

I don't think anyone will be as bad as they were. Not winning a single game in a campaign is a different level of inept, regardless of whether you're the "weakest" team in the league or not. 

8 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Not sure a team that finishes 4th, in a truncated 18 game season should potentially replace a team that's played in a 27 game season in the Championship.

God knows how the Scottish cup would work if our league season was voided, would we have to pay & train players for a one off cup tie & if we got through, extend their contracts for the next round. Glad I'm not making that desicion! 

Don’t think I agree with that. A very average raith look like coasting into the playoffs this season (looks like they’ve recruited pretty well Tbf). The idea that a Partick, falkirk, East fife etc wouldn’t at the very least be competitive is harsh. There isn’t a huge amount between the leagues 

33 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Lets not promote anyone cause they might find it difficult.

Some of these takes are absolutely wild.

Just promote Falkirk and get it over with. They should never have been in this division. The whole world has been against them since the year dot. By way of apology confiscate the money that Alloa and Arbroath got and give it to them. Give them back the money they paid to clear their debt in 19oatcake, then demolish Morrisons and rebuild Brockville.

Have I missed anything?

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Just promote Falkirk and get it over with. They should never have been in this division. The whole world has been against them since the year dot. By way of apology confiscate the money that Alloa and Arbroath got and give it to them. Give them back the money they paid to clear their debt in 19oatcake, then demolish Morrisons and rebuild Brockville.

Have I missed anything?

^ this guy gets it

3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

I don't think anyone will be as bad as they were. Not winning a single game in a campaign is a different level of inept, regardless of whether you're the "weakest" team in the league or not. 

That was down to inept managegement at all levels of the club.  Something that will never be repeated at our club anyway. 

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Have I missed anything?

Yes. Re appoint simple Simon stainrod. They've never been the same since he left

16 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Lets not promote anyone cause they might find it difficult.

Some of these takes are absolutely wild.

No, I don't think a team that finishes 4th in an 18 game season deserves a shot at the play offs.

Just play the 18, scrap play offs, Champions promoted, bottom team relegated, Get back to normal next season, sorted. 

No, I don't think a team that finishes 4th in an 18 game season deserves a shot at the play offs.
Just play the 18, scrap play offs, Champions promoted, bottom team relegated, Get back to normal next season, sorted. 

Do you think we will be back to normal next season ? I am not so sure.

4 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

If 18 games is fine to crown champions, what makes handing out play off places so unfair?

While 18 games is paltry, it does mean that every team has met each other twice. Postponed games will have to take priority to ensure an equal balance. And play offs should go ahead. It isn't the clubs fault that they have been served up as sacrificial lambs because the Premiership clubs have been arrogant and irresponsible. 

4th getting a chance for promotion in a 10 team league has always struck me as silly. What other league could you basically finish mid table and go up? I know the Dutch have an even worse playoff system than us but can't think  of many more where mid table gives you the chance of going up.

Edited by Rbon

8 minutes ago, Rbon said:

4th getting a chance for promotion in a 10 team league has always struck me as silly. What other league could you basically finish mid table and go up? I know the Dutch have an even worse playoff system than us but can't think  of many more where mid table gives you the chance of going up.

MLS has bottom half teams entered into the playoff for their overall championship.

Belgium created a new second tier of 8 teams. Where you can be promoted to the top tier, possibly qualify for Europe, or be relegated to the 3rd tier. 

There's plenty of madness out there. Just have to go looking for it.

11 minutes ago, Rbon said:

The whole point though it keeps the season interesting. A lot less meaningless games.