Scottish lower league football locked down for 3 weeks

17 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Some clubs could see the mess that Doncaster and his crew keep making but others unfortunately decided to bury their heads in the sand instead and here we are nearly.a year later with another shambles.  Funny how league one and two clubs are all now getting together to make Doncaster get his finger out. If they'd done that 10 months or so ago we may have now had someone slightly competent running the show.

Which also makes a mockery of his having been given a "bonus" of 96k for a job well done??? How do these charlatans keep getting away with it. Time for a government led review? Not saying they should but some body of legislative powers should be called in to review spfl process and impose regulations, esp if public money is being given to shore up their finances. This was what some clubs wanted end of last season but spfl adopted a Trump type pose of nothing to see here and denial. Perhaps if it had been a club out with the OF that had proposed a review it would have had the backing of clubs.

Only in the financially corrupt world of football.......oh, and politics could you get away with it.

5 hours ago, banditjag said:

Which also makes a mockery of his having been given a "bonus" of 96k for a job well done??? How do these charlatans keep getting away with it. Time for a government led review? Not saying they should but some body of legislative powers should be called in to review spfl process and impose regulations, esp if public money is being given to shore up their finances. This was what some clubs wanted end of last season but spfl adopted a Trump type pose of nothing to see here and denial. Perhaps if it had been a club out with the OF that had proposed a review it would have had the backing of clubs.

Only in the financially corrupt world of football.......oh, and politics could you get away with it.

Asking for a government led review in the financially corrupt world of politics would be asking for trouble.

Edited by AlbionMan

22 hours ago, banditjag said:

Specifically, what processes should be reviewed?

18 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

Asking for a government led review in the financially corrupt world of politics would be asking for trouble.

I don't know much of anything about such matters, I was only making the point that perhaps an independent review of management and process within SFA and spfl is needed. But from a body with some clout that won't just roll over and have it's tummy tickled, not anything similar to the mcleish review which was ordered by the football authorities and then quietly put in a box in the bottom drawer. All the clubs would need agree to accept whatever findings were identified and it would either give them a clean bill of health or find them to be corrupt and not fit for purpose. Never going to happen though cos it's a closed shop.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Specifically, what processes should be reviewed?

Their ability/in ability to manage. Simple as that. Review how they managed the end of last season, examine their process and protocol if they have any. Review their management of this season. Review the allocating of monies. Review their allocation of bonuses.................

12 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Their ability/in ability to manage. Simple as that. Review how they managed the end of last season, examine their process and protocol if they have any. Review their management of this season. Review the allocating of monies. Review their allocation of bonuses.................

The vote last season has been reviewed already and nothing found to be wrong. In addition to that, two clubs took the SPFL to court over what they deemed unfair processes and they lost, embarrassingly. 

I think fans just get angry and like a figurehead like Doncaster/the SPFL to aim their ire at but I don't actually think a lot of fans know what they want when they say things like this. "Review their ability to manage" means what? The SPFL board is comprised of member club chairmen. Specifically whose ability are you questioning?

The vote last season has been reviewed already and nothing found to be wrong. In addition to that, two clubs took the SPFL to court over what they deemed unfair processes and they lost, embarrassingly. 
I think fans just get angry and like a figurehead like Doncaster/the SPFL to aim their ire at but I don't actually think a lot of fans know what they want when they say things like this. "Review their ability to manage" means what? The SPFL board is comprised of member club chairmen. Specifically whose ability are you questioning?

You never responded to my query request re the ‘independent review’ you keep mentioning?…

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You never responded to my query request re the ‘independent review’ you keep mentioning?…

I ignored it because I can't be arsed continuing a pointless argument with you. You think the whole operation is corrupt and there is no changing your mind. I point to a review, you point to conspiracy. I'll point to more evidence, you'll dismiss the credentials of it. It's a waste of time.

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I ignored it because I can't be arsed continuing a pointless argument with you. You think the whole operation is corrupt and there is no changing your mind. I point to a review, you point to conspiracy. I'll point to more evidence, you'll dismiss the credentials of it. It's a waste of time.

What are your thoughts on how the suspension of football was handled a couple of weeks ago? Clubs given no notice and no say, not allowed to talk on the call despite assurances they could, no clear lines of communication since, no plan to restart football, and has taken all 20 clubs to unanimously write to them to present TO THEM a plan to restart? I’m not sure they have governed that at all well.

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

What are your thoughts on how the suspension of football was handled a couple of weeks ago? Clubs given no notice and no say, not allowed to talk on the call despite assurances they could, no clear lines of communication since, no plan to restart football, and has taken all 20 clubs to unanimously write to them to present TO THEM a plan to restart? I’m not sure they have governed that at all well.

I agree the handling of this has been poor and would've hoped for a better communication/consultation. I dare say we could've continued playing if some discussions had taken place before any announcement was made. 

I think there are a number of things we could do better in this country with football, I just don't think paying for an independent review will change much, nor prove there is large scale corruption. If you want things to change then write to your club and force something to be done, they have a direct say in things, independent panels can only give advice which can be roundly ignored.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I agree the handling of this has been poor and would've hoped for a better communication/consultation. I dare say we could've continued playing if some discussions had taken place before any announcement was made. 

I think there are a number of things we could do better in this country with football, I just don't think paying for an independent review will change much, nor prove there is large scale corruption. If you want things to change then write to your club and force something to be done, they have a direct say in things, independent panels can only give advice which can be roundly ignored.

Fair enough.

I’m pretty sure I mentioned on a recent post that the SPL were, IMO, corrupt, but the SPFL were not deliberately so, but they are run on the basis of greed and self interest.
Any review run by one of the big consultancies that is funded by said SPFL and that they will have been consulted on before its published is bound to be skewed so cannot be relied upon as evidence of much....

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m pretty sure I mentioned on a recent post that the SPL were, IMO, corrupt, but the SPFL were not deliberately so, but they are run on the basis of greed and self interest.
Any review run by one of the big consultancies that is funded by said SPFL and that they will have been consulted on before its published is bound to be skewed so cannot be relied upon as evidence of much....

Who should pay for it?

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Doesn’t that point out the whole flaw in the current set-up?
Why was the report commissioned in the first place?

It's a fair question though. If the league body isn't to pay for a review as you see this as a conflict of interests, who should pay for it? 

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Doesn’t that point out the whole flaw in the current set-up?
Why was the report commissioned in the first place?

Well who should commission it?

They responded to allegations made, got a report, paid for and published the result.

You seem to want an unidentified body to commission and pay for a report into the running of an organisation who hasn't asked for an investigation. I can't fathom how that would work.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I guess we need to accept we both have different opinions regarding the ability of individuals being something other than acceptable. Granted I have no knowledge of Doncasters general ability in his post, behind the scenes. Perhaps he is outstanding, all I can judge is what i see and read and in my opinion, based on that he and his committee are sadly getting many aspects of managing the game and covid wrong. But perhaps I am wrong.

My motivation is not from needing a figure head to blame/despise. I just am of the belief the game could be much better managed. Lack of sponsorship? Shocking. He/they have secured a good TV deal so fair play for that, but the negatives outweigh that single positive.

Park the court debacle. Don't let that whole shameful episode of taking the game into a civil court influence your view point and judge on their performance. I just can't abide incompetence and inability being rewarded is all, but then if you believe they are doing a great job, Doncaster in particular, he is due his bonus. It's my opinion Doncaster and his board are bullies and manipulators of the truth and the evidence was well documented on radio and newspapers last close season. Happy days.

Edited by banditjag
Poor spelling

Well who should commission it?
They responded to allegations made, got a report, paid for and published the result.
You seem to want an unidentified body to commission and pay for a report into the running of an organisation who hasn't asked for an investigation. I can't fathom how that would work.

Yep, if we need an independent report, I’d prefer that it went to a proper arbitration process. Like you do in any business contract.
Not a paid consultancy who doesn’t consult with the affected parties....