Scottish lower league football locked down for 3 weeks

You keep saying rules. There are no rules on this. Which is why we vote. That is consistent even if you don't like the outcome. The self interest line is funny. How did Falkirk vote last year? How do you think Falkirk would vote this year? 

So now that a precedent was set by all 42 clubs you don’t think it would be in any way unfair to come to a different conclusion a few months later?
And please forget that I’m a Falkirk supporter here for a few minutes. The point here surely is that we continue to make it up as we go along to suit clubs greed and self interest (including my own).
How as supporters are we ever to respect the football associations if this ‘mechanism’ is to continue?…

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I actually don’t disagree. However the top position was hardly a foregone conclusion in League One last season with a point between Falkirk and Raith and an imbalance of fixtures between the teams, with a game between the teams due for the last game of the season.
In my view a principle was set and, as has been stated, voted upon.
As such if the league is called off from here then the same rule should apply unless a precondition was set at the time that this would only apply in future if X games have been completed. I don’t believe any such condition was set....

Unless they voted last season and agreed "the same with stand next season should this arise"... then what you mean is that the clubs should vote again and not that the vote that took place last year should decide this years fate?

This year is very different to last in many ways. Last year we were just going into this whole pandemic and had no idea where we stood. This year we have begun rolling out and administering a vaccine which should, in theory, allow things to slowly be easier to control and restrictions to be eased. We have also only played an average of like 35% (roughly?) Of matches this year whereas last year we had completed over 75%. With this being more than twice as much, it made much more sense to call it then. In addition teams, every team had been given plenty time to find their position/form.

FWIW - In my opinion, Falkirk should have been out of sight last season with the squad you had but you just weren't good enough (managed well enough?).

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

So now that a precedent was set by all 42 clubs you don’t think it would be in any way unfair to come to a different conclusion a few months later?
And please forget that I’m a Falkirk supporter here for a few minutes. The point here surely is that we continue to make it up as we go along to suit clubs greed and self interest (including my own).
How as supporters are we ever to respect the football associations if this ‘mechanism’ is to continue?…

The precedent that was set was clubs voting on a resolution. 

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The precedent set was that the clubs vote on a solution. In any case, last years vote was taken after about 27 games, Clyde haven't even played every team yet this season, so I'm not sure how these two situations can be viewed in the same way. It would be unfair if the decision was taken away from the clubs.

I'm not sure why Falkirk fans have convinced themselves that "Self-interest" will ensure a null and void, when apparently it was that same self-interest that voted to call the leagues as they were last year. If clubs are faced with losing prize money from this season then I can see them voting for a solution that gives them that. Null and void is not an option there. 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Very, very damming update by the Stenhousemuir chairman. 

The “meeting“ on Wednesday where all clubs mics were muted and any request to speak were denied. Clubs informed of shutdown at the same time as fans, with no pathway shown to allowing the game to restart and no additional support. 

Clubs should be banding together to oppose this (well, maybe all apart from Brechin). 

Supporters can do thier bit by binning Sky Sports subscription and channeling that money into thier club, vote with your feet as they say. 

45 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

Supporters can do thier bit by binning Sky Sports subscription and channeling that money into thier club, vote with your feet as they say. 

I cancelled mine last April when it was becoming clear we would not see much in the way of live sport with crowds (for atmosphere). So far that is 9 months @ £25 saved, that paid for the ST for Clyde (I would have bought one anyway but now it is 'free'). Sky sports is losing the plot now anyway when you watch Sky sports news. I may consider renewing when crowds are back and the Ryder cup is on. 

5 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Very, very damming update by the Stenhousemuir chairman. 

The “meeting“ on Wednesday where all clubs mics were muted and any request to speak were denied. Clubs informed of shutdown at the same time as fans, with no pathway shown to allowing the game to restart and no additional support. 

Clubs should be banding together to oppose this (well, maybe all apart from Brechin). 

You actually couldn’t make that up how are these people still being allowed to run our game. There has to be monumental change in the governance in Scottish football or I’m afraid these clowns will kill our game. 

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The precedent set was that the clubs vote on a solution. In any case, last years vote was taken after about 27 games, Clyde haven't even played every team yet this season, so I'm not sure how these two situations can be viewed in the same way. It would be unfair if the decision was taken away from the clubs.

I'm not sure why Falkirk fans have convinced themselves that "Self-interest" will ensure a null and void, when apparently it was that same self-interest that voted to call the leagues as they were last year. If clubs are faced with losing prize money from this season then I can see them voting for a solution that gives them that. Null and void is not an option there. 

Including yours that is 9 times he's had this explained to him over the last two pages.

Last season's leagues were called after every club had played at least 3/4 of thier games. Rightly or wrongly a decision had to be made. 

Several teams have only played 8 games so far, there's no way anyone could call the season as it is. If it doesn't restart, it needs to be null and void.

Let's just hope we can get back playing though. 

1 minute ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Last season's leagues were called after every club had played at least 3/4 of thier games. Rightly or wrongly a decision had to be made. 

Several teams have only played 8 games so far, there's no way anyone could call the season as it is. If it doesn't restart, it needs to be null and void.

Even the QP fans, who would almost be guaranteed promotion, can see that. 

I don’t think there’s any chance of our football starting again at the start of February. Things are just not going to get significantly better in the space of what is now 2 weeks. If that transpires to be the case, I think a decision needs to be taken quickly to write off the season. We simply can’t expect clubs to continue the season with such uncertainty. At least if the decision was made, clubs could mitigate some losses by furloughing staff  till the furlough scheme ends. 
Sad situation but I’d not miss this season if it was canned. Putting our crap form to one side, it’s just not what football’s all about. Jock Stein was right; football without fans is nothing. 
And there are much more important things in life. 

Edited by sydney

26 minutes ago, sydney said:

I don’t think there’s any chance of our football starting again at the start of February. Things are just not going to get significantly better in the space of what is now 2 weeks. If that transpires to be the case, I think a decision needs to be taken quickly to write off the season. We simply can’t expect clubs to continue the season with such uncertainty. At least if the decision was made, clubs could mitigate some losses by furloughing staff  till the furlough scheme ends. 
Sad situation but I’d not miss this season if it was canned. Putting our crap form to one side, it’s just not what football’s all about. Jock Stein was right; football without fans is nothing. 
And there are much more important things in life. 

If thats the case league restructure is inevitable 

2 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

If thats the case league restructure is inevitable 

I don’t agree. All leagues below the Premier have played very little football so I’d expect it would be ‘as you were’ next season. Unlike last season, no club in the lower leagues could reasonably claim that they’d been harshly treated by not being promoted. 
SFA has just asked Championship clubs if they want to continue the season. It’ll take one club to say no and it’ll stop. 

4 minutes ago, sydney said:

I don’t agree. All leagues below the Premier have played very little football so I’d expect it would be ‘as you were’ next season. Unlike last season, no club in the lower leagues could reasonably claim that they’d been harshly treated by not being promoted. 
SFA has just asked Championship clubs if they want to continue the season. It’ll take one club to say no and it’ll stop. 

If thats the case there can be no relegation from the top league

Which opens up another (several hundred) can(s) of worms.  I assume they have to offer sides up for Europe for next season contractually, and you'd assume the title would still "count" (be still, Old Firm fans) so can you realistically just cancel relegation and only relegation?  If so, what's the point in the league outside of, I guess, the lower European spots?  

I get that's all utterly pointless to worry about when compared to the growing health crisis, but all these questions just point back to it being fucking mental that we're sitting here and even asking them.  At the start of the season, all the clubs should have agreed on a "what if" for every scenario.  I'm not one of the doomsayers that believes we'll be in lockdown until the 2040s, but it was hardly a surprise that something like this has happened.  Is it really a surprise to them?