Scottish lower league football locked down for 3 weeks

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not quite. Andy Walker absolutely nailed Celtic to the wall on Sky last night while Alan Stubbs stood and blustered and tried desperately not to condemn it.

Fair play to him. Fairness must have rubbed off of us in his short spell in the red and yellow🤣

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Feel free to use ignore if your attention span struggles then.

I don't think this facility exists but if it did I would be tempted. I generally find there's a high correlation between attention span and the level of interest generated by the material. 

7 minutes ago, Brummo said:

I don't think this facility exists but if it did I would be tempted. I generally find there's a high correlation between attention span and the level of interest generated by the material. 

Click your User Name in the top left corner of the screen.

Click "Ignored Users" and add a new Ignored User.

Here to help 😉

Edited by Skyline Drifter

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Click your User Name in the top left corner of the screen.

Click "Ignored Users" and add a new Ignored User.

Here to help 😉

Checked and don't seem to have that facility. 

Maybe it's only for platinum members or on the app?

(I use the browser version.)

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Appreciate it!

Edited by Brummo
Adding information

On 12/01/2021 at 11:57, The Moonster said:

That has absolutely no relevance whatsoever here. Last year we were all at panic stations and had no idea how we'd get the country out of the pandemic - everything was shut down without notice really. Since last summer there have been warnings about a second wave which could be worse than the first given the time of year, yet we're supposed to believe the SPFL just had to make a split decision on Sunday evening to cancel all football? Have they not been consulting on possible outcomes throughout the season? Or are they really so reactionary that they just act when a headline comes out?

Clubs should've been well warned that shutdown in January was not only possible but likely if cases shot up. Not only that, but when the SPFL start discussing when they are going to implement a shutdown, it might be an idea to give a wee heads up to your member clubs. If they do that then Brora don't travel. Communication is clearly something clubs aren't happy with, even Jack Ross felt he had to say something about it on Sky last night.

I totally agree with the communication issues you are stating here. 

After the shambles of trying to decide who won what and the infamous relegation debacle, you would think the first thing the spfl would do is to put a hard and fast ruling in place at the start of this season should the scenario happen again .  Or is that too logical ? 

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2021 at 12:33, effeffsee_the2nd said:

dunno if been said before but it would surely be ok just to change it to an 18 game season now? it doesn't effect the sporting equality since everyone will have played home and away and no one is given an advantage.  Assuming they get the go ahead to resume at some point

That's maybe an overly simple view.  A curtailed season raises many of the questions about sporting integrity again - teams doing well will be all for it those at the other end of the League will be agin it.  Instead of say 17/19 more games to turn your season round you get only 8/9.  A bad run of form or injuries gives little chance to recover as compared to a normal season.  Then you will get a debate about whether play offs will apply.  Clubs already submitted their individual views as to what should be done/process if season was curtailed - I expect these would show a wide range of opinions and all these views would likely now be impacted by that club's current situation/position. 

47 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I totally agree with the communication issues you are stating here. 

After the shambles of trying to decide who won what and the infamous relegation debacle, you would think the first thing the spfl would do is to put a hard and fast ruling in place at the start of this season should the scenario happen again .  Or is that too logical ? 

To be fair they tried to get the authority to do exactly that. The clubs refused to give it to them. The SPFL board only has the amount of power the clubs allow them. 

1 minute ago, AndyDD said:

To be fair they tried to get the authority to do exactly that. The clubs refused to give it to them. The SPFL board only has the amount of power the clubs allow them. 

Ah , that's interesting.  

Does that mean the clubs have no come back should the spfl have to make another such decision?

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

Ah , that's interesting.  

Does that mean the clubs have no come back should the spfl have to make another such decision?

Well I'm sure they will still demand 'leadership' and tell all their supporters that the fault for the ensuing chaos lies with the spfl board, but they have effectively guaranteed another bunfight and vote situation should similar circumstance arise around ending season early. That was, in their mind, better than giving them the powers to call it. They've effectively gambled that the season would finish this time and that there'd be no danger of another curtailment. 

The clubs appoint the board, they appoint the chief exec and they give them the powers they want them to have. The spfl is a weak, rudderless organisation that stumbles from crisis to crisis, with a leadership that struggles to in any discernible way actually lead. They are in this state because the clubs have, deliberately or otherwise, made it so. 

10 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Ah , that's interesting.  

I can just see the next Teams meeting.

SPFL - "All those in favour, say aye"

"All those against" (presses mute) "say nay"

19 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Well I'm sure they will still demand 'leadership' and tell all their supporters that the fault for the ensuing chaos lies with the spfl board, but they have effectively guaranteed another bunfight and vote situation should similar circumstance arise around ending season early. That was, in their mind, better than giving them the powers to call it. They've effectively gambled that the season would finish this time and that there'd be no danger of another curtailment. 

The clubs appoint the board, they appoint the chief exec and they give them the powers they want them to have. The spfl is a weak, rudderless organisation that stumbles from crisis to crisis, with a leadership that struggles to in any discernible way actually lead. They are in this state because the clubs have, deliberately or otherwise, made it so. 

Yep, that sums up Scottish football. 

13 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I think it probably means that any decision in ending the season, promotion/relegation will need to go to a vote again

Surely any such vote should have been made at the start of the season before a ball is kicked so everyone knew the ruling if the scenario arose again ? 

20 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Surely any such vote should have been made at the start of the season before a ball is kicked so everyone knew the ruling if the scenario arose again ? 

Yes, but the clubs will have to carry the can if it descends into cats in a sack again, as they explicitly refused the board the right to make an executive decision.

49 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes, but the clubs will have to carry the can if it descends into cats in a sack again, as they explicitly refused the board the right to make an executive decision.

Nah the media pimps will all come out of their caves again to cover that scenario.