Divisional Round

lichtie23

The Divisional Round is set as we get ever closer to the Super Bowl. The schedule is as follows.

Saturday

Los Angeles Rams @ Green Bay Packers, 21.35

Baltimore Ravens @ Buffalo Bills, 1.15am

Sunday

Cleveland Browns @ Chiefs, 20.05

Buccaneers @ Saints, 23.40

So another late couple of nights for us with both the late games finishing in the early hours.

So in the NFC we have Brees vs Brady matchup to look forward too for the 3rd time this season. The Saints won both divisional matchups including a 38-3 massacre in Florida.
IMG_5818.jpg
Aaron Rodgers is widely expected to be named the league MVP and his Packers will be clear favourites against a tough Rams team who upset the Seahawks in Seattle on Saturday night. The Packers and Rams last met in October 2018 when the Rams won in a close 29-27 contest.
IMG_5817.jpg

In the AFC the Bills host the Ravens after both clubs came through tough wildcard games. The Bills won their first playoff game since 1996 when beating the Colts on Saturday evening while the Ravens came from 10 points down early to dispose of the Titans on the road.
IMG_5819.jpg
The Browns beat their arch rival Steelers in Pittsburgh in a high scoring affair (which included being 28-0 up after the 1st quarter) to set up this marquee matchup with the defending champion Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes at Arrowhead.
IMG_5820.jpg

What the Browns done to Pittsburgh must go down as one of the all-time playoff shocks. No head coach, star players missing all over the field and they delivered an absolute bodying.

I mean, Baker Mayfield met one of his offensive linemen for the first time a few hours before the game! That’s stupid!

Chiefs will be heavy favourites, but I won’t count the Browns out. There’s some magic about them this year. With Stefanski, you never know.

Bills v Browns AFC Championship. 

Battle of the Bays in the NFC.

I've been saying for a while now I fancy the Chiefs to be this season's shock one-and-done exit. By the time this game rolls around their starters won't have played for three weeks, and they haven't beaten anyone convincingly all season long. Browns will be on a high after exposing Pitt for the garbage that they are.

I think the Ravens are a serious threat to go and win in Buffalo, but hopefully the Bills continue their fearless offensive play and rattle up enough points that Balt's 1930's college offense can't keep up.

Saints continue to win despite Brees looking more and more like noodle-arm 2016 era Peyton Manning. I don't think his arm is quite as shot as Manning's was, but I think sooner or later that's going to be exposed. Brady seemed to have a case of old age catching up earlier this year, but he appears to have overcome that lately. I fancy the Bucs to win this even though I don't rate their D at all. It's tough to beat a division opponent three times in the same season.

Rams aren't convincing at all. Front seven is great, but I think Rodgers is good enough to overcome that and still put up plenty on their secondary, especially at home. If LA is to have any chance then Goff needs to recover immediately from the thumb injury and find some sort of form, and I just can't see that happening to the point where LA's offense lives with GB's

I would love, absolutly love (put Keegan rant in here) if the AFC championship game was Bills v Browns but i just don't see it. Chiefs v Bills unfortunatly.

Packers v Saints in the NFC, the Rams could beat the Packers but they need to find some offence. The defence will only keep Rodges quiet for so long.

We need a proper throwback early 90's Championship weekend.
Bills v's Browns in the snow, Browns Martyballing away another Superbowl appearance
Saints Domepatrol v's the LA Rams bombs away offence with Everett, Anderson, Ellard, Dickerson etc 8)

I'd take that after seeing the Bills running the ball.

On 11/01/2021 at 01:48, G51 said:

What the Browns done to Pittsburgh must go down as one of the all-time playoff shocks. No head coach, star players missing all over the field and they delivered an absolute bodying.

I mean, Baker Mayfield met one of his offensive linemen for the first time a few hours before the game! That’s stupid!

Chiefs will be heavy favourites, but I won’t count the Browns out. There’s some magic about them this year. With Stefanski, you never know.

You should, because Mahomes isn't throwing four interceptions and Reid isn't dumb enough to not go for it on fourth-and-2 when trailing by double digits with the ball in opposition territory. Pittsburgh was a pish-show Sunday night and the Browns almost blew a game where they were +5 in turnovers.

Yes, the Browns get 2 starters back in the secondary, but they still have Mayfield as their quarterback. As long as that's the case, the divisional round is their ceiling.

On 11/01/2021 at 04:19, Boo Khaki said:

Bills v Browns AFC Championship. 

Battle of the Bays in the NFC.

I've been saying for a while now I fancy the Chiefs to be this season's shock one-and-done exit. By the time this game rolls around their starters won't have played for three weeks, and they haven't beaten anyone convincingly all season long. Browns will be on a high after exposing Pitt for the garbage that they are.

I think the Ravens are a serious threat to go and win in Buffalo, but hopefully the Bills continue their fearless offensive play and rattle up enough points that Balt's 1930's college offense can't keep up.

Saints continue to win despite Brees looking more and more like noodle-arm 2016 era Peyton Manning. I don't think his arm is quite as shot as Manning's was, but I think sooner or later that's going to be exposed. Brady seemed to have a case of old age catching up earlier this year, but he appears to have overcome that lately. I fancy the Bucs to win this even though I don't rate their D at all. It's tough to beat a division opponent three times in the same season.

Rams aren't convincing at all. Front seven is great, but I think Rodgers is good enough to overcome that and still put up plenty on their secondary, especially at home. If LA is to have any chance then Goff needs to recover immediately from the thumb injury and find some sort of form, and I just can't see that happening to the point where LA's offense lives with GB's

Good luck with that. Chiefs aren't losing to Mayfield at home in the playoffs. This isn't the Schottenheimer Chiefs of the mid-90s.

If you want to make a bet, loser gives 50 dollars or pounds to the charity of the winner's choice and has to post the receipt on here to prove it.

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

Good luck with that. Chiefs aren't losing to Mayfield at home in the playoffs. This isn't the Schottenheimer Chiefs of the mid-90s.

If you want to make a bet, loser gives 50 dollars or pounds to the charity of the winner's choice and has to post the receipt on here to prove it.

At the risk of sounding chicken, I honestly can't afford that charity bet right now as much as I'd like to. Months of furlough followed by an absolute gutting of the staff at my wee place has meant that I'm now basically covering the bills and relying on the kindness of my better half for any sort of treat or special event.

FWIW, I'm not claiming I definitely think that KC is a walking dead thing, only that I think the odds of that being an upset are a bit higher than most people seem to think. KC is 10-11 point favourites depending where you look, and if I had the cash I'd happily buy the Browns to cover that. I think O/U of 56 is probably about right though.