St Johnstone v Hibernian, LC Semi-Final. Saturday 23rd January 2021

PauloPerth

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

What has Callum done now?

Apparently a fully fit squad, so most logical illogical thing I can think of is dropping Melamed for Conway and going 5-2-3.

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I really hope this is the last ever season that semi finals/finals are played behind closed doors.

That's two Hibs have been in since the pandemic started, and both have completely been sapped of any of the usual enthusiasm I'd have.

No day out, no going mental at a prospective winner, nothing. A real pity but guess we'll have to live with it.

I'd completely forgotten that Hibs already have experience of a closed door semi final this season, another factor that could play in their favour.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently a fully fit squad, so most logical illogical thing I can think of is dropping Melamed for Conway and going 5-2-3.

Thanks for ruining my day. Conway has absolutely not been missed at all the last few games.

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

There is changes from last week

I’ll wait until after the game before making judgement but I would have preferred just the one change, Craig or Davidson for Bryson. I’m guessing he has gone much further

34 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Thanks for ruining my day. Conway has absolutely not been missed at all the last few games.

Struggling to think of any other change that would be a disaster. Surely he wont be wedging players out of position if everyone is fit, so must be a change of shape.

13 minutes ago, Bose said:

I’ll wait until after the game before making judgement but I would have preferred just the one change, Craig or Davidson for Bryson. I’m guessing he has gone much further

In his interview he says "I might just pick a team that I think can go out and win the game, or I might make a few tweaks, you'll have to wait until Saturday to see". Quite what to make of that, who knows, as putting out a team he thinks can win the game would do for me. 

He also references watching the last Hibs game where 'we played 2 or 3 formations'. The entire body of Saints support (including me) are saying 'start with the same team but swap Bryson for Craig' (has there ever been such agreement among fans on the strongest team)? 

My guess is he thinks this is just too predictable and he loves a fiddle. This is a manager who played Ali McCann as a wing-back remember. 

My prediction is we'll see Rooney and Tanser as WBs, with the intention to bring on MOH to replace Rooney. Think we'll see Bryson and McCann as 2 in the middle. Up front I expect Kane, Wotherspoon and May. 

I would not be happy seeing this but would not be surprised. 

ETA on reflection he might well play Conway / Spoony / Kane as the attacking 'arrow'. f**k me.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

12 hours ago, realmadrid said:

I'd completely forgotten that Hibs already have experience of a closed door semi final this season, another factor that could play in their favour.

Could it? It's no different than any other closed door game really...

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

Could it? It's no different than any other closed door game really...

Yep, although it won't stop pundits talking about "the larger pitch at Hampden" even though both Easter Road and Mcdairmid are at least as big (think the fermers field is larger actually).

1 minute ago, Steve McQueen said:

I've tried that SALE promo code many times but just get this code is invalid or expired.

Seen others use it but don't know what's going wrong.

Folk are saying the different codes are maybe for different platforms (e.g. Sky, Virgin, online only). 

Try the NHL or La Liga ones maybe? Can't remember what the exact codes are but someone can surely help? 

2 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

The entire body of Saints support (including me) are saying 'start with the same team but swap Bryson for Craig' (has there ever been such agreement among fans on the strongest team)?

I would play Davidson. He'll get about a big pitch where we aren't likely to have masses of possession better than Craig IMO. 

But agree that the Bryson swap out is the probably the only popular change suggested. If you are a manager who has built up a lot of credit, you can maybe do as you wish in a big game but if Callum Davidson just makes the one change suggested (whether it's Craig or Davidson) and we lose, I think he escapes without much criticism, barring a disaster, and we move on to midweek. 

If we makes more changes - especially reverting to 5-2-3 - and we lose, that's a different story. 

In saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes with May rather than Melamed. Wish I could say I was sure he won't go with Conway also. 

13 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I've tried that SALE promo code many times but just get this code is invalid or expired.

Seen others use it but don't know what's going wrong.

10 minutes ago, Radford said:

Folk are saying the different codes are maybe for different platforms (e.g. Sky, Virgin, online only). 

Try the NHL or La Liga ones maybe? Can't remember what the exact codes are but someone can surely help? 

1 minute ago, perthsaint1977 said:

LALIGA699 works. 6.99 first month

I used the SALE code as a Sky customer, if it helps any.