St Johnstone v Hibernian, LC Semi-Final. Saturday 23rd January 2021

PauloPerth

They were absolutely flying in the First Division and to a degree seemed to think they would roll us over and as such brought a massive crowd up. They were quickly disabused of that notion. That was just a brilliant game... for us at least.

Hopefully the same on Saturday! I don’t think I’d be changing much, if anything, from the team that started against St Mirren other then changing Bryson for either Craig or Davidson.

It was a cracking cup tie under the lights that had everything. Lower league side scaring the so called big team. Full house, end to end football, streakers, folk getting lifted and decent banter.
SPL YOU'RE HAVING A LAUGH, SPL YOU'RE HAVING A LAUGH. I'm pointing at you you leith dwelling minks.

It was my first big Saints game as a young lad. It really was a tremendous night, the atmosphere was incredible - blew me away at the time.

A word for any Saints covering journos that read this forum - the build up coverage has been superb. This could easily have been a bit of a depressing few days thinking of how good a day Saturday would be in normal times but all the stuff looking back at old games, interviews etc has been great and done a lot for my #buzzing levels which are far higher than I expected them to be. Top marks to the Courier/PA/Herald boys

On 21/01/2021 at 15:08, Lyle Lanley said:

I shall just leave this here. 

Excellent match, some well kent faces in those lineups (and Alan Preston). Great cup tie, the (much) smaller team thought they had a chance before being properly sworded at both ends of ET.

Lick Lips Savor GIF

I really hope this is the last ever season that semi finals/finals are played behind closed doors.

That's two Hibs have been in since the pandemic started, and both have completely been sapped of any of the usual enthusiasm I'd have.

No day out, no going mental at a prospective winner, nothing. A real pity but guess we'll have to live with it.

Can't see how this doesn't go to extra time tomorrow, two pretty even teams. Think one side will sneak it before penalties though.