St Johnstone v Hibernian, LC Semi-Final. Saturday 23rd January 2021

PauloPerth

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Makes you think, mind: things would be very different if Aberdeen had beaten us in the last 16. For one thing, Livingston would be lining up to play Rangers today.

This Rangers to which you refer, is it the same one that Aberdeen have never lost a cup tie to ever ?

Edited by Sheep62

22 hours ago, GAD said:

Because Sportsound told me today that next month, after the league cup final, fans of either St Johnstone, Livingston or St Mirren will be able to look down on your fucking diddy club who have won f**k all over the last 20 years.

Well I know one club who won't be looking down on us.

john c. mcginley laughing GIF

22 hours ago, GAD said:

Because Sportsound told me today that next month, after the league cup final, fans of either St Johnstone, Livingston or St Mirren will be able to look down on your fucking diddy club who have won f**k all over the last 20 years.

51 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well I know one club who won't be looking down on us.

john c. mcginley laughing GIF

Simpsons Hahah GIF - Simpsons Hahah Nelson GIFs

From 25 minutes onwards Ross starts losing the plot with the interviewer;
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p094yj5c
Have to say it's awkward to listen to, reminds me of that cringeworthy interview Nigel Pearson gave at Leicester when he went after the interviewer.
Asking If the manager got things wrong or could have done anything different in the second half is not really disrespectful.  Surely a perfectly valid question the way the game played out.

Think McIntyre knew he was pressing the right buttons to get a reaction from Ross. The guy had just lost a cup semi by some distance after having a number of early chances to command the tie. Little wonder he was already cross and frustrated. Don’t think he did much wrong in the first half and was at a loss to explain how his side capitulated over the second 45. He didn’t have the immediate answers but the interviewer kept pushing (hardly fair to blame Ross for Saints scoring two absolutely cracking headers in-play surely?).
He admitted it was his responsibility that his players didn’t show up in the 2nd half, I’m not sure what else he could have said. McIntyre sensed he’d rattled him, so continued with a repeated line of questioning. Not sure it did anyone any favours tbh.