St Johnstone v Hibernian, LC Semi-Final. Saturday 23rd January 2021

PauloPerth

Trouble ahead at Hibs but congrats to St Johnstone who completely deserved it.

Not even gonna bother to watch Ross get angry at interviewers because he is a complete wet blanket of a man. If he got sacked tomorrow/resigned/stayed for 8 years I really wouldn't feel a thing. Are we Aberdeen without the European games?...

Edited by Cameron1875

8 hours ago, Lex said:

That Ross interview with McIntyre is pure cringe, the questions were perfectly fair and his reaction was ridiculous. When a manager loses the head like that it’s a sure sign he’s on the way out.

I know you've never especially rated him so happy for you to say you told us so. I'm still surprised; it's his persistent big game bottling that's mystifying. I don't even think you can fault him for Sunderland - they are on their second manager since he left and no different in terms of league position. But he's got a mental block for the cups, which is a big chink in his armour.

I think he'll at least get the rest of the season; they'll finish 3rd or 4th. But wouldn't be surprised if Hibs were already looking at their options.

From 25 minutes onwards Ross starts losing the plot with the interviewer;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p094yj5c

Have to say it's awkward to listen to, reminds me of that cringeworthy interview Nigel Pearson gave at Leicester when he went after the interviewer.

Asking If the manager got things wrong or could have done anything different in the second half is not really disrespectful.  Surely a perfectly valid question the way the game played out.

21 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I know you've never especially rated him so happy for you to say you told us so. I'm still surprised; it's his persistent big game bottling that's mystifying. I don't even think you can fault him for Sunderland - they are on their second manager since he left and no different in terms of league position. But he's got a mental block for the cups, which is a big chink in his armour.

I think he'll at least get the rest of the season; they'll finish 3rd or 4th. But wouldn't be surprised if Hibs were already looking at their options.

Don't know if he's done it elsewhere, but I think that's twice now he's fucked a game against us by going 4-4-2.

At Easter Road it was 1-1, Hibs started to dominate, yet he takes a CM off for Doidge, goes 4-4-2, we go 5-2-3 and get right back into the game and end up going 2-1 up. Only a late screamer from a RB gets an equaliser for them.

Yesterday they're dominating against us, we bag 2 goals from set pieces but Hibs were still in with a chance. He takes a CM off for Doidge, goes 4-4-2 against our 5-2-3, and we see the game out without conceding another chance.

Just seems, to me, likes he's got a hard coded Plan A, and if that doesn't work he's got his hard coded Plan B, and if that doesn't work then he's fucked. Going 4-2-3-1 with Allan behind Nisbet in the massive hole we leave between defence and midfield, and a better passer beside Irvine than Gogic, and I think Hibs might have created chances and been less vulnerable to conceding a third. 4-4-2 made no sense to me.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't know if he's done it elsewhere, but I think that's twice now he's fucked a game against us by going 4-4-2.

At Easter Road it was 1-1, Hibs started to dominate, yet he takes a CM off for Doidge, goes 4-4-2, we go 5-2-3 and get right back into the game and end up going 2-1 up. Only a late screamer from a RB gets an equaliser for them.

Yesterday they're dominating against us, we bag 2 goals from set pieces but Hibs were still in with a chance. He takes a CM off for Doidge, goes 4-4-2 against our 5-2-3, and we see the game out without conceding another chance.

Just seems, to me, likes he's got a hard coded Plan A, and if that doesn't work he's got his hard coded Plan B, and if that doesn't work then he's fucked. Going 4-2-3-1 with Allan behind Nisbet in the massive hole we leave between defence and midfield, and a better passer beside Irvine than Gogic, and I think Hibs might have created chances and been less vulnerable to conceding a third. 4-4-2 made no sense to me.

4-4-2 = more strikers = more attacking. It's basic football maths and everyone's Da agrees.

From 25 minutes onwards Ross starts losing the plot with the interviewer;
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p094yj5c
Have to say it's awkward to listen to, reminds me of that cringeworthy interview Nigel Pearson gave at Leicester when he went after the interviewer.
Asking If the manager got things wrong or could have done anything different in the second half is not really disrespectful.  Surely a perfectly valid question the way the game played out.
Haha.

He's happy to slag off his players but as soon as a the question is directly about him he has a wittle tantrum.

Enjoy, Hibees.

Hibs can have absolutely no complaints about that result.  St J had their chances and took them very well and totally deserved it.  

First half we played quite well and were a bit unlucky to be going in at HT losing. Second half from Hibs was as bad as you will ever see by a side at Hampden and St J were the only team interested in playing football.  

We blew it big time unfortunately!   Fortunately plenty to play for in the league with Europe but my god we badly need two new CBs. Good luck to St Johnstone in the final - would be huge if they win given it would be their first, so they are my pick. 

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

If he keeps his performances and momentum up I’d say he’s in as good a shout as anyone else competing for the RB Position is.

Correct he is against O'Donnell & Palmer, they are hardly the undroppables  from our squad

16 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Massive result for the Aberdeen lads too. Fair play.

Makes you think, mind: things would be very different if Aberdeen had beaten us in the last 16. For one thing, Livingston would be lining up to play Rangers today.