St Johnstone v Hibernian, LC Semi-Final. Saturday 23rd January 2021

PauloPerth

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

Craig Conway and Drey Wright. One has pace, looks good and you enjoy watching him play. The other actually scores and creates goals. 

Conway is much better than Mikey at the defending side of the game too,personally think he’s done ok for our level 

25 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Do you want to take him back. We’ll even give you money for him. 

No thanks. 

20 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

TBF Shaun Rooney was involved in more goals tonight than Drey was in 2 years!

For precisely this reason. Some engine on him but had zero goal threat during pretty much his whole Saints career. I was frankly shocked a team like Hibs picked him up, he looks better than he is.

Davidson was a brave man changing the shape after the last couple of performances and he was rewarded for it massively, particularly in the second half. We probably saw the best of the 5-2-3 during the second half, but saw the pitfalls in the first half with so much space between the back 3 and the midfield 2. We were lucky to not concede and then took the one real chance we had to go into the break with an undeserved lead. 

The second half was a different story all together.  The team were immense to a man. They played their roles perfectly and I don’t think 3-0 flattered us, if anything I felt we could’ve pushed for more. 

No failures in yellow tonight but you’ve got to single our Rooney for specific praise. What a performance from the big man. I think he fits the shape better than McNamara who may be a better player technically but Rooney is showing that he’s better overall I think. He seems to be getting better every week - I’m so glad he’s playing in his natural position. 

I think Spoony deserves a special mention too. I’ve always been one of his biggest fans but I really do feel like he’s moved up a level this season. For me he’s our best player, always enjoy watching him and he’s developed into a real leader in this team. First name on the team sheet for me. 

The one downside for me is that Liam Craig didn’t get on for a few minutes at the end. He left each of the clubs just before they won the Scottish cup and I think he’s a player who deserves his moment in the sun. I hope he gets some minutes in the final, win or lose. He’s earned it for having such a great career with us. 

Edited by Kyle

Conway post haircut has been a lot easier to watch.

In general his decision making has improved a lot since the start of the season I think.

Is that his first assist from a set piece though? Can't mind another one! Definite quality there.

6 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

@RandomGuy. has rattled a few cages tonight.

Keep up the good work!

The seethe RandomGuy creates is hilarious. 

Keep up the good work @RandomGuy. - I don’t always understand all the stats but it’s always interesting to read in a Scotsman trying to read Japanese kind of way. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

In these hard days of uncertainties, it's always great and assuring to know that Hibs will always, always, always Hibs it.

Cheers lads. 

:insertRossgettingsackedgif:

Edited by Bob Mahelp

That Ross interview with McIntyre is pure cringe, the questions were perfectly fair and his reaction was ridiculous. When a manager loses the head like that it’s a sure sign he’s on the way out.

As one of the lucky few to be there that was superb.

No matter the stadium, it feels like being in a public park hearing all the shouts and not hearing any fans.

It was great in the last 10 minutes to have time to plan what the media team would do at full time with confidence we were not jumping the gun.

Really pleased for Liam Craig and Murray Davidson who despite their long service were both not on the pitch in May 14. Liam was employed elsewhere and Murray was injured and had to miss the final. I remember the a steward at Celtic Park trying to prevent Murray from joining the post game celebrations as he had watched the game with fans behind the goal.