St Johnstone v Hibernian, LC Semi-Final. Saturday 23rd January 2021

PauloPerth

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Effort he puts in is unreal, never seems to believe he's been beaten and chases folk down despite them having like a 20 yard head start 😂

Felt sorry for him playing CB earlier this season as you take away his strengths, but even there he worked like f**k.

He'll absolutely be a success with us if he does that week in, week out, IMO.

RG in 3 games time "Rooney is shite. I've found a player in the Vauxhall conference who wins more tackles than him per90 since 2016."

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

RG in 3 games time "Rooney is shite. I've found a player in the Vauxhall conference who wins more tackles than him per90 since 2016."

Nope. My group of hanger ons will spend months claiming I've said it though.

I don't think we'll ever have a poor young full back under Davidson tbh. It'll probably be his thing in the same way TW could bring out the best in maverick wingers.

Cigars well and truly out from the third goal onwards. Jack Ross shat the bed big style after that second goal, would have been a lot more nervous if Hibs had kept that shape and those players on the park. Big naiveity bringing Doidge on straight away. It was piece of piss for Saints once Gogic was off. Thought he was controlling the match first half. 

So many good performances in the second half, delighted for so many people proving so many Saints fans (myself and my dad included) wrong. Clark, Conway, Rooney all had match winning roles but tbf, whole team looked solid in that second half.  Played some very tidy stuff as well. When this squad turns it on they are by far and away the best footballing Saints team in my lifetime.

Huge props to Davidson for sticking to his guns, big baws! Delighted that we all look like bellends for being frustrated before the match started. 

I feel for the Hibs fans, they'll be feeling what if after the way they started the game and then real despondency at their reaction after going behind. Know both those feelings on the big occasion and it hurts. 

Historic moments are still rare for Saints despite the success of recent years and have to try and savour tonight as much as you can despite the circumstances. Trying to imagine the buzz walking out of Hampden with the concourses reverberating to song. 

Saints were so comfortable in the second half and it was a bit of a masterclass. Hibs just stopped trying to play football. You started to see the strengths of the formation but does that all of a sudden mean everyone was wrong before the game? Especially after the first 35 minutes? Better lucky than good and that feels rare for Saints, especially this season...

Nobody will remember that in 40 or 50 years though and as Michael Stewart said before the game, semi-finals are all about getting through.

Edited by Radford

9 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Doubt that,his nails are filthy,so God knows what his dick will be like,Virgin for life imo 

Even I can vouch for him, he had his stagger in hospitality, was even on the pitch trying keepy uppy ffs and is now married so we can safely say he might not be a virgin.

She's into the same stuff as him, she loves numbers.

52 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m made up for my pal Shaun Rooney who had the game of his life tonight, he doubted himself at one point when he had trials at St Mirren and Hearts before Dunfermline signed him. He’s a great lad and deserves every bit of success that comes his way, especially after coming through some very tough and tragic personal tragedy within his family.

Immediately after he lost his mother, I saw a player perform with a joie de vivre that was enchanting. Some sort of injury very quickly dented that and his drift south was a matter of my selfish regret and knew I wouldn't witness the flourishing.

I'm delighted for him and wish him well in the final and beyond.