St Johnstone v Hibernian, LC Semi-Final. Saturday 23rd January 2021

PauloPerth

Hilarious reading through this again after some of the shite I saw posted earlier.

First 30 minutes were poor and we looked a bit nervous. After that though our central midfield dominated and Hibs didn't have a chance after we scored. Rooney was my MOM but Muzz close behind. Kerr had obviously been told to stay back more today and it gave Rooney more space - that worked tactically.

I have been a fan of Conway when some others seem to have really taken against him. He had a poor first 30 but his running and ball retention were good. Don't even think I would have started him but he always gives 100% and played well today.

Jack Ross shat the bed with his subs - he took the Jimmy Calderwood option very early and it let our midfield take complete control. The most worrying thing for Hibs is we out battled them all over the park.

6 minutes ago, GAD said:

Sure I heard on Sportsound today that whoever now wins this cup, they will have won more in the last two decades than Aberdeen.

That is absolutely spot on. However, if you have to listen to Sportsound to know that, I’d not have you on my team in a History Of Scottish Football quiz.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That is absolutely spot on. However, if you have to listen to Sportsound to know that, I’d not have you on my team in a History Of Scottish Football quiz.

Aberdeen's enduring shiteness isn't something I pay a lot of attention to tbf.

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

After turning St Mirren around in the Championship a few years back by changing the whole team after Xmas , Jacko thinks signing player after player is the way to go , unlike Davidson who has made do with what he has at his disposal and is starting to reap the benefit !

I still think Jack Ross is a good manager, but, also like Jim Goodwin in my opinion, a good manager at a club such as St Mirren. A club where expectations aren’t necessarily as big as at a Sunderland or Hibs. A bit like Moyes being fine and dandy at Everton or West Ham, but not suited for a Man Utd. One thing I’d ask Hibs fans wanting Ross sacked though. Who would you want? Who would come in and guarantee there would be no cup fcuk-ups, you’d be sniffing at the Old Firm’s heels, and you’d win most weeks playing the Hibs way?

Jack Ross’ level is at the likes of St Mirren. Not a dig at Ross or my club, but some folk are clearly suited for a particular type of gig. That applies to the likes of Neil Warnock and others too. You can just see it clear as day. Anyway, bring on the Livvy.

Edited by pozbaird

25 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Stick to your data,and let real coaches read the game 🖕🖕

😂

M8, I'm commenting on a match, as a fan, on an anonymous football forum I doubt Callum Davidson has even heard of. 

Stop taking it so seriously and just enjoy reaching a Final ffs.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

How would you know that we have “enduring shiteness” then? (Should it not be “shitieness”?)

Because Sportsound told me today that next month, after the league cup final, fans of either St Johnstone, Livingston or St Mirren will be able to look down on your fucking diddy club who have won f**k all over the last 20 years.

25 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

This is why football is brilliant. If Hibs score one of their many early chances they probably go onto win quite comfortably.

They don't and the Saintee's score a good goal and the momentum completely switches. Hibs never looked like doing anything after and it could have been more. Great game!

We would've sat back, let them equalise and eventually lost in extra time, and we all know it.

That second-half performance was excellent and I'm so glad we did ourselves justice by showing the type of football we're capable of. Really chuffed for long-serving legends like Murray Davidson and Liam Craig who haven't been part of a cup final squad. Fingers crossed that they'll be available next month.

Shaun Rooney was magnificent today. A tactical masterclass from the handsome and charismatic Callum Davidson. A lot of potential in this young and blossoming manager.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Because Sportsound told me today that next month, after the league cup final, fans of either St Johnstone, Livingston or St Mirren will be able to look down on your fucking diddy club who have won f**k all over the last 20 years.

Don't tell anyone I told you but they won the League Cup the season after we won it.