St Johnstone v Hibernian, LC Semi-Final. Saturday 23rd January 2021

PauloPerth

6 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Regardless of who wins tomorrow it’s going to be an interesting final. Can’t wait to see how Premier Sports advertises it emoji16.png

If Livi win tomorrow, it could be 'Potential new champions vs. The David Martindale redemption story'.

If St Mirren win, it's a good old fashioned 'Who are the big Saints in Scotland' storyline.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I will apologies to Callum Davidson, that’s how you win a semi final. Whilst we rode our luck and I don’t believe the formation is the correct one going forward, we’ve clearly worked on it tactically. To a man in that second half we were immense. 

Ohh and I love big Shaun, cult hero in the making for sure, and defensively he’s getting better and better. 

Shaun Rooney is such a baller. Showed amazing foot work at times, bamboozling the Hibs defence and making a mockery of them.

That is sweet revenge for the past two semi final losses. What a way to do it, not a slim win or a late goal - a total pumping. Glorious.

This is why football is brilliant. If Hibs score one of their many early chances they probably go onto win quite comfortably.

They don't and the Saintee's score a good goal and the momentum completely switches. Hibs never looked like doing anything after and it could have been more. Great game!

2 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

I think this is it for me. Bad man management to talk a good game about players having to earn their spot in the team and then putting Conway in there who’s done very little to earn the minutes he’s played this year.

A class apart today !

Football is shite.

Who would want to win a cup when there’s no fans there anyway? Just feel total apathy about that, it’s a relief I’m not at Hampden - although I would have definitely been back in the pub within 50 minutes or so.

Fair play to St Johnstone though, bossed us, Jack Ross bottling a big game again, and I’m sorry but he’s not the man to take us forward, he won’t be sacked though.

Cautious football and bottling big (closed door) games is here to stay unfortunately, bleak.

Just in from work, managed to catch our game v Motherwell earlier but had to play catch up last couple of hours so saw nothing of this game.

Not in any position therefore to say whether it wax deserved or not 

but 

can 

just 

say 

Ha 

Fucking 

Ha 

Well

Done 

On 

Shiting 

The

Bed 

Hibs managed to Hibs it yet again

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Shaun Rooney is such a baller. Showed amazing foot work at times, bamboozling the Hibs defence and making a mockery of them.

That is sweet revenge for the past two semi final losses. What a way to do it, not a slim win or a late goal - a total pumping. Glorious.

Shaun Rooney was class today. 

After turning St Mirren around in the Championship a few years back by changing the whole team after Xmas , Jacko thinks signing player after player is the way to go , unlike Davidson who has made do with what he has at his disposal and is starting to reap the benefit !

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Totally agree - couldn’t believe what I was reading earlier. It was like some of your posters wanted you to fail so they could slate the manager. Mental.

Nobody wanted us to fail.

we’ve watched our team all season and the formation we started with has seen us right near the bottom of the league and struggling to score and unable to get clean sheets.  Changed it the past 2 games and we looked far better, scoring and getting a win and a draw. But actually offering an attacking threat.

So the change back today made no sense on paper.   It worked a treat in the second half and we were brilliant.  We carried luck we haven’t had all season.

it was brilliant.