Majestic South v Leith's Pretenders

Otis Blue

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tbf that's not what he said. He said we aren't set up for the top flight right now and it isn't wrong unfortunately. We don't have a backer and we don't have decent players coming through our youth system. Our crowds probably only have us scraping by as FT outfit at this level never mind the league above. I don't think he was belittling the club, merely pointing out some facts.

You're right. He did say "without investment" .... ie I guess the County/Gretna route. But would he say Accies or Livi are no way top league possibilities? All ifs and buts. 

You're right. He did say "without investment" .... ie I guess the County/Gretna route. But would he say Accies or Livi are no way top league possibilities? All ifs and buts. 
Probably not given they're playing in the top flight [emoji14]

5 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Oh, and wee Faddy can't see QoS ever as a top league side.... well, I can see why you think that James, but would we bring less to the top league than Accies or Livi? Or County if you took away their sugar daddy?  Unlikely of course these days without an 18-20 team league. 

I wouldn't worry too much about James McFadden's opinion, he's a total thicko.

To be fair I thought McFadden was right. The easy answer to the question would have been to say yes, but he said not at this point. Which given our circumstances is correct. The fact we have to start from virtual scratch each year and rely on loan signings is evidence enough I would say. I am not criticising this approach as it keeps us afloat, but it isn't one that is designed for premiership success.