Majestic South v Leith's Pretenders

Otis Blue

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

What’s the weather like in Dumfries? It’s snowing here 

Bright,  sunny, clear skies,  but a bitterly cold,  fairly strong,  wind blowing. Inside looking out its a lovely day,  not so nice when you're outside though. 

There was ice on my car when I went out at 8 this morning, might be a degree or so warmer in the south west, but its going to be baltic out there tonight.

Good that its on the BBC instead of using some dodgy IPTV stream / bad that we need to listen to the muppet BBC summarisers...................

I thought QoS looked good going forward against Hearts last week, with weak point being the defence which looked suspect at points - I havent seen any matches apart from that, so no idea if thats a fair assesment.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I thought QoS looked good going forward against Hearts last week, with weak point being the defence which looked suspect at points - I havent seen any matches apart from that, so no idea if thats a fair assesment.

Hard to dispute that. Certainly our defence/defensive midfield has improved since the turn of the year, albeit from a very poor base. That said, apart from a decent Raith side, we haven't faced the sort of quick slick  passing, pacy attack that you would normally expect from a top three top league side - Hearts certainly didn't present that sort of challenge at Tynie. So will be interesting to see how we cope tonight. Maybe the strong wind and our crap carpet will help balance things out. 🤞

Guest Flash
15 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Hard to dispute that. Certainly our defence/defensive midfield has improved since the turn of the year, albeit from a very poor base. That said, apart from a decent Raith side, we haven't faced the sort of quick slick  passing, pacy attack that you would normally expect from a top three top league side - Hearts certainly didn't present that sort of challenge at Tynie. So will be interesting to see how we cope tonight. Maybe the strong wind and our crap carpet will help balance things out. 🤞

I would say it improved significantly from Boxing Day to the end of February - 10 goals conceded in 9 games (1.11 pg) compared with 25 conceded in the first 9 (2.78 pg). However, in March, we have conceded 9 in 4 games (2.25pg). So, although it is definitely much better than it was in the first part of the season, we have slipped back closer to what it was.