Dundee vs St Johnstone - 3rd Round

RossDee01

Looking forward to an enjoyable match between two attractive teams who play football the right way. Hope that both sets of fans enjoy their day, and hopefully the eventual losers will at least take some consolation from a heavy DABs defeat at Tannadice. 

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Dundee fans to drone on about how little they care about St Johnstone or the cup this season.  If Saints win it'll be a case of couldn't care less, whereas if the coags sneak the win it'll be mass celebrations and get it right up ye.

It has always been this way with these humourless whingers.

Charlie Adam at it too, now.

Declares "this is not a derby", then spends an entire interview talking about how little St Johnstone matters to Dundee and how little they care about us. Its a bit weird tbh, and I'm not entirely sure what the point of it is. Our players will be treating it as such, so if Dundee players aren't as arsed then how is that a good thing?

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Charlie Adam at it too, now.

Declares "this is not a derby", then spends an entire interview talking about how little St Johnstone matters to Dundee and how little they care about us. Its a bit weird tbh, and I'm not entirely sure what the point of it is. Our players will be treating it as such, so if Dundee players aren't as arsed then how is that a good thing?

He is probably trying to get through to folk like you who think that this is a 'big game'.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

He is probably trying to get through to folk like you who think that this is a 'big game'.

*shrugs*

I only enjoy trips to Dundee because its a close away day, and we usually take a larger than usual crowd. Dens is probably the last "old" style ground we'll likely regularly visit too.

I'm not entirely sure what your captain thinks he'll be achieving by publicly firing his, higher league, opponents up tbh. Especially considering Dave Mackay already gave us a pretty easy team talk earlier in the week. My confusion is less about rivalry, and more about how bad your club seems to be at any form of mind game.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

I only enjoy trips to Dundee because its a close away day, and we usually take a larger than usual crowd. Dens is probably the last "old" style ground we'll likely regularly visit too.

I'm not entirely sure what your captain thinks he'll be achieving by publicly firing his, higher league, opponents up tbh. Especially considering Dave Mackay already gave us a pretty easy team talk earlier in the week. My confusion is less about rivalry, and more about how bad your club seems to be at any form of mind game.

We will see, it's more of a good cop, bad cop combo. 

Certainly got you rattled.

Just now, johnnydun said:

We will see, it's more of a good cop, bad cop combo. 

Certainly got you rattled.

Wild.

P&B, where simply posting about something means you're "seething"/"rattled".

On the subject of Adam, last time he played against us Murray Davidson ended up as our goalkeeper, Denny Johnstone scored from 30 yards, Jack Lambert looked like he'd turn into an outstanding CM, Roddy Grant faceplanted, Paul Sheerin was the best player on the park, and a certain Max Anderson scored.

Hopefully its a similarly enjoyable game, with some slight differences.

I personally feel more of a rivalry with Utd as they actually give us a challenging game more than once every couple of years. It's nice that this gives the Dees a feeling of superiority over a club that have completely outperformed them in the last 20 years though.

and yes, i am completely rattled at that ugly cnuts comments.

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Dundee fans to drone on about how little they care about St Johnstone or the cup this season.  If Saints win it'll be a case of couldn't care less, whereas if the coags sneak the win it'll be mass celebrations and get it right up ye.

It has always been this way with these humourless whingers.

If we lose it will be couldn’t care less.

If it we win it will just be another win against another diddy team. 

Dunfermline took you to extra time and they’re pish so I’d be surprised if we don’t win to be honest.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wild.

P&B, where simply posting about something means you're "seething"/"rattled".

On the subject of Adam, last time he played against us Murray Davidson ended up as our goalkeeper, Denny Johnstone scored from 30 yards, Jack Lambert looked like he'd turn into an outstanding CM, Roddy Grant faceplanted, Paul Sheerin was the best player on the park, and a certain Max Anderson scored.

Hopefully its a similarly enjoyable game, with some slight differences.

It's not that wild tbh, you have repeated yourself twice now about Adam's comments, and that the Sainties players will be more fired up after them. Clearly got in their heads and yours. Not that bad at mind games then.

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

It's not that wild tbh, you have repeated yourself twice now about Adam's comments.

Yeah, that tends to be how conversations work.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I only have to repeat myself to the kids tbf.

You reason you're the kids in that analogy, don't you?

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

It's not that wild tbh, you have repeated yourself twice now about Adam's comments, and that the Sainties players will be more fired up after them. Clearly got in their heads and yours. Not that bad at mind games then.

RandomGuy seems to think this new 'edgy' shtick he's going for is making him less boring.

In any case, James McPake saying, 'I've heard rumours that this game isn't a derby' in his pre match interview and that we as a club should be beating the likes of Alloa, Arbroath and St Johnstone at home.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

RandomGuy seems to think this new 'edgy' shtick he's going for is making him less boring.

58847262_tenor(1)(5).gif.f5fb91567c7cd2a9e5182739db170f8b.gif

One day Dundee fans will see the irony in spending the best part of a decade calling me boring every day, and not thinking up a single different insult, but today is clearly not that day.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

58847262_tenor(1)(5).gif.f5fb91567c7cd2a9e5182739db170f8b.gif

One day Dundee fans will see the irony in spending the best part of a decade calling me boring every day, and not thinking up a single different insult, but today is clearly not that day.

I rest my case.

What a welt.

Of course this game isn't a derby, to say otherwise is a bit stupid tbh. For folk to say we are not rivals is as equally stupid, every side you compete against is a rival.

On a normal football day Dundee is a decent away day, it's 20 minutes away,has a great selection of shit pubs, some weirdos to laugh at and a fairly liberal view to sex and drugs, as in you can get both fairly easily if you so wish. They do speak a bit funny but that's all part of the experience, I don't mind Dundee tbf.

17 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Of course this game isn't a derby, to say otherwise is a bit stupid tbh. For folk to say we are not rivals is as equally stupid, every side you compete against is a rival.

On a normal football day Dundee is a decent away day, it's 20 minutes away,has a great selection of shit pubs, some weirdos to laugh at and a fairly liberal view to sex and drugs, as in you can get both fairly easily if you so wish. They do speak a bit funny but that's all part of the experience, I don't mind Dundee tbf.

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s not a rivalry. It’s natural for a team like St Johnstone to have a bee in their bonnet about a team who won the league on their own patch, I get that. Your own Twitter admin and 95% of your fan base still seem intent on pushing the “tayside derby” which is certainly not a thing.

27 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s not a rivalry. It’s natural for a team like St Johnstone to have a bee in their bonnet about a team who won the league on their own patch, I get that. Your own Twitter admin and 95% of your fan base still seem intent on pushing the “tayside derby” which is certainly not a thing.

M8 I'm an old c**t and you boys winning the league was fucking years before I was born, not relevant for 99% of folk on here imo.

The rival thing was more to do with Twitter tbh, our official Twitter mentioned the word rival in a tweet and it was jumped upon by about 20 Dundonians in about 20 minutes, all very sad.

I agree with the Tayside derby nonsense, that's been coined to stoke a bit of interest to what is essentially a run of the mill game. I do however work with plenty of Dees and Arabs and it can get pretty silly in the oneupmanship stakes between some of them and Saints, going all the way down to kids football. Don't get me wrong I'll take a full breakfast because our under 13s pump Uniteds but c'mon tae f**k, who actually cares?

Edited by tree house tam

15 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Almost all the social media trolling is done for the inevitable retweets/replies from Dundee fans. It's nothing more than an absolutely cast iron guarantee for numbers.

How can Dundee fans not see that as soon as they stop biting, it'll stop happening?