Queens v Arbroath

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

What is your point?emoji23.png If cheating gets us up the road with 3 points then happy days

I just find it sad that a young footballer is getting stick for not cheating.

I actually praised him for staying on his feet, he’s a young lad and let’s just say given our current predicament a more experienced player getting clipped in the last few minutes would’ve went down. I don’t think it would’ve been classed as cheating and if it was at the other end, Queens fans would’ve been saying the same. 

I actually praised him for staying on his feet, he’s a young lad and let’s just say given our current predicament a more experienced player getting clipped in the last few minutes would’ve went down. I don’t think it would’ve been classed as cheating and if it was at the other end, Queens fans would’ve been saying the same. 

We used to have a player called Stevie Murray who was a diving little shit. On more than one occasion I found myself shouting at him for doing so in games so trust me when I say my view would be the same regardless of who Ruth was playing for.

I did say it would be an entertaining 2nd half lol, Queens will obviously be gutted at losing the 2-0 lead but as soon as we rang the changes we looked the much better team and deserved to go and win the game imo, Also thought we looked the fitter and more sharper and I seen more than enough today from the players attitude and the way we brilliantly fought back that we will be more than okay come the end of the season.

Looking at DC’s team selection I got the feeling this was a game he definitely didn’t want to risk losing hence the cautious pragmatic approach and it showed being an even, tight and cagey first half, Obviously the plan unraveled after a totally shocking first 10 mins into the second half  that I don’t think anyone saw coming but to his credit he rang the changes and it worked superbly with the right players coming on at the right time and completely changing the game, For me the guys that finished the game should start on Friday against Dundee 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

Disappointing not to win having been 2-0 up. That said if you’d offered me 5 points ahead of Arbroath and 3 ahead of Alloa at the stage when every man and his dog had as as certainties to go down I’d have grabbed that without hesitation. We could obviously still go down but the recent improvements have at least given us something to build on.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Regarding the Ruth challenge I was amazed he managed to stay on his feet, Was a reckless challenge and if he goes down then it’s a penalty but he never so we will never know.

Also all the best to Queens for the rest of the season, Thought the stream quality and commentary today was excellent and well worth the £10 😁🇱🇻🙌

1 hour ago, Lyle2Dobbie said:

Unforgivable stuff from that pea heart McCabe for that 1st goal...a complete coward in the tackle and also a coward on the ball as well for much of the game lumping aimless balls at arbroath centre backs at every opportunity! Our midfield were collectively dreadful...fair play to Arbroath showing some dig and getting probably a deserved point.

Have to agree thought he was excellent against Queens Park but today with tackles flying in from Arbroath he disappeared again pathetic for the 1st goal .

I wish AJ would make subs to try and change the game not wait till the game is away from us 

Well, that was exciting after a turgid first half. Why Dick decided to switch the back four around is a mystery given Queens attack got nowhere in the first half. What an impact! FFS.
Still, it woke us up. Some learnings from today.
Don’t play Whatley at right back. Jason Thomson has regressed this season after being a star in the previous two. I’d finally break up our back four by playing Scott Stewart at right back - what an impact.
Some had a theory that Doolan and Hilson up front was the answer. Obviously not. Ruth showed more in 20 minutes than both of them put together.
I think Davidson was signed to replace Miko and I thought he played well.
Williamson was a great addition, got a few shots in, tried to play defence splitting passes and made a lot of tackles. He would have been my man of the match if Tom O’Brian hadn’t been such a rock in defence and got a goal.
I think the two new loan signings could work out very well but we do need another striker - to play alongside Ruth.
Oh, and we really need Ricky back.

17 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

It was so bad 🤣 who thinks its ok to play that stuff.

What do you want for £10, Lewis Capaldi playing live?  We don't usually hear the PA as clearly on the stream which prompted some people to question why it was needed with no spectators in. Today they seemed to turn the stream mic up so we could hear the music and the PA announcer reading out the teams. It was certainly an eclectic mix of tunes with something for everyone. 

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

What do you want for £10, Lewis Capaldi playing live?  We don't usually hear the PA as clearly on the stream which prompted some people to question why it was needed with no spectators in. Today they seemed to turn the stream mic up so we could hear the music and the PA announcer reading out the teams. It was certainly an eclectic mix of tunes with something for everyone. 

No, they didnt

Even my wife shouted through from the kitchen that the music was surprising. I approve.

Just now, Mr X said:

No, they didnt

I did say they SEEMED to have turned the mics up.  Why was the PA so clear today when it's usually just muffled background noise? And can't they get some type of cover for the mics that reduces wind noise,  or a different type of mic.

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Disappointing not to win having been 2-0 up. That said if you’d offered me 5 points ahead of Arbroath and 3 ahead of Alloa at the stage when every man and his dog had as as certainties to go down I’d have grabbed that without hesitation. We could obviously still go down but the recent improvements have at least given us something to build on.

As you said above DD.  Bit of a reality check for us today.