Queens v Arbroath

With the 2 new signings seemingly being a more "defensive" type players i would still start with the "tried and trusted" players with them knowing that if we do not start producing the goods and scoring and winning games then the players on the bench "will get their chance".

I would also start with the 3 players who have scored our 5 league goals this season including Doolan (who has scored 2 of them and not played in every game)) who i would have the pace of Hilson next to him with that pairing playing through the middle (say what you want about Doolan but he is probably our most natural finisher he just needs service IN THE BOX), our other most dangerous player would be Bobby playing wide and changing sides if required.

GASTON

THOMSON    LITTLE    TOB    HAMMY 

GOLD    McKENNA    CRAIGEN    LINN

HILSON    DOOLAN

Plenty options on the bench like bringing Ruth on for Doolan once he has tired after an hour and Swanks and Stewart and Donnolly if we are chasing the game and Whatley and the 2 new signings if we need to sit tight.

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.

17 hours ago, Mr X said:

Commentators, replays, dancing girls, half time show, red arrow fly past, blimp shots

We have some of these things and more

Commentary usually starts about 30 seconds before kick-off and finishes about 15 seconds after the referee blows the final whistle.  I've no problem with the standard of commentary but it all seems a bit rushed at the start reading out the teams as they are about to kick off, and they must have to pay a surcharge for the hire of the mics if they use them a minute after the final whistle. They're volunteers though,  as we're often reminded,  so better not to be too critical. 

Commentary usually starts about 30 seconds before kick-off and finishes about 15 seconds after the referee blows the final whistle.  I've no problem with the standard of commentary but it all seems a bit rushed at the start reading out the teams as they are about to kick off, and they must have to pay a surcharge for the hire of the mics if they use them a minute after the final whistle. They're volunteers though,  as we're often reminded,  so better not to be too critical. 
The issues before the game is the pa. There's a speaker right above the gantry and trying to talk while the music is playing is difficult, even more so when the announcer is reading out the teams. That's why it doesn't usually start until after he's finished.

I agree about the end of the game

6 minutes ago, gogs said:

Can't we just unplug that speaker above there for the moment then

The PA announcer is there in case a safety announcement has to be made (or so I was told),  there is really no need for him to be playing music and reading out teams. It happens at all games though so maybe just trying to maintain a sense of normality.  They could of course turn up the stream mic slightly so we can hear the teams being read out by the PA man or get him to do his bit a few minutes earlier. 

17 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The PA announcer is there in case a safety announcement has to be made (or so I was told),  there is really no need for him to be playing music and reading out teams. It happens at all games though so maybe just trying to maintain a sense of normality.  They could of course turn up the stream mic slightly so we can hear the teams being read out by the PA man or get him to do his bit a few minutes earlier. 

I've no doubt you're probably right enough in what you've said there FTB.  That said, ever since fans were banned from stadiums I've invariably heard PA announcers on televised games wherever they've been played and it has just always sounded daft to me - I'm sure the players and coaches know who the players are, who has scored  etc.  Why not just have the PA announcers there and ready to give out health & safety messages if needs be and stay shtum the rest of the time.

Anyhow, there's a match on tomorrow ...  right?

Big chance for Queens to start thinking about flirting with safety tomorrow ............ I'm trying to convince myself to stay positive here.  No negative vibes please Doonhamers!.

Usual back 5
Gold whatley craigen
Hilson donnelly linn

Goals are our obvious issue and i think linn & donnelly linked up well last season but haven’t played much together this season so thats our best shot with mckenna, stewart, ruth and doolan options to come off the bench.

Needless to say this is a must win game or its goodbye championship [emoji112]

Maybe Donnelly for Doolan.

With the 2 new signings seemingly being a more "defensive" type players i would still start with the "tried and trusted" players with them knowing that if we do not start producing the goods and scoring and winning games then the players on the bench "will get their chance".
I would also start with the 3 players who have scored our 5 league goals this season including Doolan (who has scored 2 of them and not played in every game)) who i would have the pace of Hilson next to him with that pairing playing through the middle (say what you want about Doolan but he is probably our most natural finisher he just needs service IN THE BOX), our other most dangerous player would be Bobby playing wide and changing sides if required.
                                GASTON
THOMSON    LITTLE    TOB    HAMMY 
GOLD    McKENNA    CRAIGEN    LINN
                     HILSON    DOOLAN
Plenty options on the bench like bringing Ruth on for Doolan once he has tired after an hour and Swanks and Stewart and Donnolly if we are chasing the game and Whatley and the 2 new signings if we need to sit tight.
C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.