Albums of 2021

GNU_Linux

Remember that old line about The Fall, "always different, always the same." It could easily be applied to Low as well. It is so good to see that they have a new album "HEY WHAT" coming out on Sept 10th. This is the first track released from it and it is marvellous.

Edited by Jimi Shandrix
you tube are arseholes

Really From - Really From (Topshelf Records)

a1020867912_10.jpg

Mid-West emo has always had influence from the world of jazz in it's mathy compositional & structural tendencies. Really From is what happens when you take mathy emo add brass instruments & some nods to 90's alt rock.

On 17/05/2021 at 10:50, George Parr said:

New Manchester Orchestra is a slow-burner with an emphasis on slow but has its moments.

There's something wonderfully weird IMO with each new album that when it comes out, their previous immediately becomes my favourite and I can't put my finger on why.

Still, I can't argue that their quality of albums have been remarkably consistent.

On 26/06/2021 at 01:05, Paul Kersey said:

The new Sault album is available as a free download...

https://www.sault.global/

For 99 days which I do like. I wish all artists would do this and then you have to buy the album. Streaming has killed the industry and without touring the music industry is going to lose so many artists. 

Edited by betting competition

The new DARKSIDE album, Spiral, is out today, which is a record I've been looking forward to for what feels like ages.

https://darkside.bandcamp.com/album/spiral

A couple of spins in and it's not grabbing me anything like as quickly as Psychic did - it just doesn't have seem to that otherwordly, unsettling oddness of the debut. Hmmmm...

Tangled Shoelaces were a band consisting of 4 impossibly young kids (12-16) from Brisbane in the early 80's. Their entire recorded output has just been released on an LP called "Turn My Dial". There are some truly brilliant songs on it. Here is one of them.

Half year list of 10 (in no particular order, will think about that at end of the year):

Cassandra Jenkins - An Overview On Phenomenal Nature 

Genesis Owusu - Smiling With No Teeth 

Arab Strap - As Days Get Dark 

serpentwithteeth - DEACON

Dry Cleaning - New Long Leg 

Squid - Bright Green Field 

black midi - Cavalcade 

Lucy Dacus - Home Video 

Squirrel Flower - Planet (I)

Besnard Lakes - Are the Last of the Great Thunderstorm Warnings